There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Was the play call that caused Joshua Morgan to break his leg a mistake?

Was the play call that caused Joshua Morgan to break his leg a mistake?

Originally posted by Chico:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Josh Morgan is not a very good football player, and he got his leg broke partly because of this fact. He should have been diving for the pylon like any quality WR would have. I feel bad for the guy, but he just isn't that great and seems to routinely get stopped on the goal line when most NFL WRs wouldn't. Had he dived, he would have scored and his ankle would be fine. Sad but true.

Now we need Crabtree to step up!

Josh is not a very good football player? really???

Don't stress. A couple of weeks ago he said Harbaugh isn't good either.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Is that what I said? I criticized him for being conservative and causing us to lose against the Cowboys, but I also acknowledged that he had the team looking a lot better.
Originally posted by JREED23:
Wont be calling it a mistake if this forces Crabs to step up and he explodes all over the lions. This will be the biggest game within the game - this will be the first time Crabs will have to carry the WR staff - can he handle it or will he bust?

That is what I'm saying. We need Crabtree to step up, his lack of production and mistakes on the field are holding this team back from reaching its pinnacle.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Is that what I said? I criticized him for being conservative and causing us to lose against the Cowboys, but I also acknowledged that he had the team looking a lot better.

It was in a game day thread so I'm not going to search it out. But I recall it because it was in no uncertain terms and it stuck with me.

You said you already made up your mind on Harbaugh. He isn't good.
Wow really? 75% say no? on this?!?!?!

This is where you play it safe to prevent any injuries, So why rest Alex Smith and put in Kap?

I am really disappointed in this, a FG is what SHOULD of happened and instead cost us Josh...
Originally posted by VDSF:

This is where you play it safe to prevent any injuries, So why rest Alex Smith and put in Kap?

I am really disappointed in this, a FG is what SHOULD of happened and instead cost us Josh...
so what if we kick the field goal and something happens to someone on our defense the next possession? It was an unfortunate accident but stuff like that happens in football. Morgan was in because Edwards is out and Crabtree is still nursing his foot. Ginn is our kick returner so it was Morgans and Williams in the game at that point. Harbaugh did the right thing going for the first down. Our defense just played lights out the whole game, they deserved to not have to go back out on the field with 4 minutes left.
Sometimes i'd like to kick our fans in the balls but then i realize some don't have any.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

so what if we kick the field goal and something happens to someone on our defense the next possession? It was an unfortunate accident but stuff like that happens in football. Morgan was in because Edwards is out and Crabtree is still nursing his foot. Ginn is our kick returner so it was Morgans and Williams in the game at that point. Harbaugh did the right thing going for the first down. Our defense just played lights out the whole game, they deserved to not have to go back out on the field with 4 minutes left.
Yep. What happens if we go to kick it and it's a bad snap, Andy Lee tries to throw it and gets injured? Sound familiar VDSF? Injuries can happen on literally any play. akers could have slipped on wet grass and broken his leg somehow. Player could have been injured by a blindside hit on the kickoff. Cornerback could have been injured trying to defend a player. s**t happens. It was a simple play designed to get the first down and a player got hurt. It happens.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Injuries happen, but I have to say it was mistake. 41-3 late in the 4th qtr, just kick the fg.

That puts the defense back on the field. Do you think the Bucs were just going to take a knee and run the clock out? Of course not - they were going to run a hurry up offense, run as many plays as possible, and try to score even though the game was well out of reach. The pass play was an attempt to keep possession, eun the clock down more, and avoid that situation - which would have put our defensive players at more risk.

And isn't this like the third thread about this? One Sunday, another on Monday - and even Harbaugh himself has addressed this very well.
Its the way it goes. Sorry for Josh but at the same time it allows someone else to step in and shine. After all these years its nice to see the Niners go for the juggler. We have been doormats for a long time and we were on the losing side of lots of games that were blowouts. Killer instinct has been forgotten in recent years.
I don't mind the play call, esp. to let Kap sling it a little bit...but Crabtree, Morgan, Davis, and Gore should have all been on the sideline for the entire 4th quarter. Let him sling it to Kyle Williams or Justin Peelle. Fine play call, terrible personnel grouping.
I saw nothing wrong with the call. Again, if Harbaugh started to call nothing but runs with 5+ minutes left in the game everyone would have been crying about that too. As he already said, you can't just simply run the clock out with that much time left. Injuries happen. It's part of football.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Injuries happen, besides this is "what's your deal?" football. Harbaugh isn't going to take a knee he put in his backup qb or qb of the future and wanted him to get reps with the starters because Alex already sustained 1 concussion this year and as this play proves injuries happen all the time and I'd rather have Kaepernick ready to play with our #1's then the #2's during a big game.

As far as I'm concerned, our last 3 possessions we could have kneeled it. Kneel 4 times, let them score a TD (thus no risk of a guy on defense getting hurt), kneel 4 times, let them score a TD, kneel 4 times, ballgame.
Originally posted by Whomeam:

Yep. What happens if we go to kick it and it's a bad snap, Andy Lee tries to throw it and gets injured? Sound familiar VDSF? Injuries can happen on literally any play. akers could have slipped on wet grass and broken his leg somehow. Player could have been injured by a blindside hit on the kickoff. Cornerback could have been injured trying to defend a player. s**t happens. It was a simple play designed to get the first down and a player got hurt. It happens.

Can't play these hindsight 20/20 games. A run could of resulted in an injured O-lineman and having to rely on Rachal again . What if the defense goes out there and RJF gets rolled up on... its a fluke injury and happened to one of the few starters we can afford to lose.

This is JH's first year, he is establishing a mentality and culture with this team of never letting up and every player on the roster should be prepared to step in and go. It's a 16+ game season, as GB proved last year.... the best 22 players dont win the superbowl, the best 53 do.