LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 302 users in the forums

Was the play call that caused Joshua Morgan to break his leg a mistake?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Was the play call that caused Joshua Morgan to break his leg a mistake?

In play wise great call in Josh morgan's health wise wrong play gotta look at the bright side it looks like we have the type offense that almost anybody can fit in....I'm thinking big game for Williams
It would be different if that play was like the 50th throw of the game for the niners but it was what? the 18th??

I hate all this "should the niners have been airing it out in garbage time?" there weren't airing it out that game and $hit happens
Absolutely not. Plus the play was called to get a 1st down not a touchdown. Morgan could have gone out of bounds and avoided contact. There was absolutely nothing about the playcall or the intent of the play that got Morgan hurt. He got hurt because he got hit. He got hit because he tried to score and the Bucs weren't gonig to let him. It's sad. I love Morgan. He is a very good football player. He will be missed. We will move on.
Originally posted by susweel:
No not at all. this is football injuries can happen on any play. I loved the fact that JH was still trying to score.

this
The only time it's a mistake is if there is a preexisting injury that hasn't fully recovered
Originally posted by susweel:
No not at all. this is football injuries can happen on any play. I loved the fact that JH was still trying to score.

I don't think Harbaugh was trying to score, he was trying to get Kap some real game experience by having him pass. IMO thats what the preseason is for. Sure, injuries can happen on any play, and Harbaugh certainly is not at any fault, but he should have just been trying to run out the clock.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Josh Morgan is not a very good football player, and he got his leg broke partly because of this fact. He should have been diving for the pylon like any quality WR would have. I feel bad for the guy, but he just isn't that great and seems to routinely get stopped on the goal line when most NFL WRs wouldn't. Had he dived, he would have scored and his ankle would be fine. Sad but true.

Now we need Crabtree to step up!

Josh is not a very good football player? really???
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Injuries happen, but I have to say it was mistake. 41-3 late in the 4th qtr, just kick the fg.
[ Edited by Hopper on Oct 12, 2011 at 12:30 PM ]
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
no. Akers could have sprained an ankle on the kick.

i love that Harbaugh went all Stanford on the Bucs. sends a message to the league that we're not f**king around.

oh and that sound you hear....that's Pete Carroll s**tting bricks.
Originally posted by Chico:
Josh Morgan is not a very good football player, and he got his leg broke partly because of this fact. He should have been diving for the pylon like any quality WR would have. I feel bad for the guy, but he just isn't that great and seems to routinely get stopped on the goal line when most NFL WRs wouldn't. Had he dived, he would have scored and his ankle would be fine. Sad but true.

I think he means "smart"

Originally posted by Chico:

He is slow and not that productive. And I explained how he could have easily avoided the injury that took him out for the year. The truth is, we shouldn't have WRs as bad as Morgan on the field anyway. The one thing I do like about Morgan is that he catches the ball and rarely drops it, but that shouldn't be too hard for an NFL receiver anyhow.
It was a mistake to draft Morgan. If he were on another team, he wouldn't be on our IR.

But really, not a mistake at all, like others have said, any player can get injured at any time. It's how a team builds depth when that occurs usually is the difference in a team's overall success or failure (see Colts, Peyton Manning).
Originally posted by boast:
no. Akers could have sprained an ankle on the kick.

i love that Harbaugh went all Stanford on the Bucs. sends a message to the league that we're not f**king around.

oh and that sound you hear....that's Pete Carroll s**tting bricks.

I don't know about that, Carroll has already been to the playoffs and has the Seahawks looking good at the moment. Then again, he is 0-1 in the NFL vs Harbaugh.
Although injuries happen, the play itself was not the wrong call, getting Kaep playing time and throwing is a wise thing, he needs as much garbage time as possible. However, having Morgan in there was a mistke. He should give others playing time to. Especially since the game was out of reach. Morgan was coming into his own and was connecting with Alex, when Edwards gets back, it would have made us that much more hard to figure. Also Braylon is sceduled to come back in the last week of October, however that is no guarentee.

So in that regard Harbaugh screwed up.

Wont be calling it a mistake if this forces Crabs to step up and he explodes all over the lions. This will be the biggest game within the game - this will be the first time Crabs will have to carry the WR staff - can he handle it or will he bust?
Share 49ersWebzone