There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Can we please get our guys to quit saying the other team quit?

Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
I agree...we've been getting our ass kicked for years....now that were winning they are best served to shut the hell up about it.....Real G'z move in Silence!!!!!!!!!

I love that last line!

http://njsportsaddict.blogspot.com/
So you want to be nice? Im glad we are pissing people off, it gives us a mean streak means we arent a pushover, let Raheem Morris be pissed, I knew that before Vernon Davis said anything, I knew it when he got called for unsportsman like conduct because he had no clue what plays to call
I love the swag that our team is developing right now. I love that they are calling out the other teams to step up. Competition at its highest level leads to some good football. I don't want every team we play to just lay down for us, I want to see some competative games! Go Niners! Call em out if they are quitting!
If Raheem Morris is pissed I am absolutely happy. He was so pissed while his team was getting kicked in the ass that he got an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty (first time I have seen a coach get such a call). They played dirty all game.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,000 for NorthNiner.
Originally posted by 49ERwhiner:
Originally posted by Sinsation:
i'm sure JH has addressed this already.

Yeah I agree ........ I am happy letting Harbaugh address what his players put out there , I know that Harbaugh always seems careful with what he puts out to the media.

Harbaugh was asked about Davis's comments at the press conf. and didn't want to comment, but I agree that he probably took care of it in-house. I also agree that it needs to stop. The OP is correct. There's no place for that kind of talk on this or any other team. The Jets coach and players are always flapping their lips and it's not working out too good for them and we don't want to be like the Jets.

Accusing players of quitting is way beyond general smack talking.
I dunno, I kind of like the swagger. SD49er keeps making the point that other elite teams don't do this, but is that true? Maybe I'm wrong, but to me Tom Brady and Belichick always comes off as cocky SOBs with no respect for the opposition.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
I agree. It ticks me off. Its pretty f**king stupid and annoying especially if your two best players and supposed leaders are saying this.

I agree.

So you guys don't like it when we dominate and talk some sh*t? Have you ever seen Ray Lewis mic'd up? He says things like this during the whole game lol

We are sending a message! Our players have been losing for too long! We are serious about our game and bring the pain to our opposition! Our team plays hard and it is good leadership to make sure everyone knows it!

I like it!
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
I dunno, I kind of like the swagger. SD49er keeps making the point that other elite teams don't do this, but is that true? Maybe I'm wrong, but to me Tom Brady and Belichick always comes off as cocky SOBs with no respect for the opposition.

Exactly.

We are establishing ourselves as a team that will out play and out smart the competition! NFL BE READY! THE NINERS ARE FOR REAL!
Originally posted by 49erLegacy:
If Raheem Morris is pissed I am absolutely happy. He was so pissed while his team was getting kicked in the ass that he got an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty (first time I have seen a coach get such a call). They played dirty all game.

I think other teams are not ready for how physical we are and it ends up surprising them. The whole quit thing is just another aspect of the game. It is the mental battle that they play all game long. The way to win the mental game is to be pure physical. As a former college player there is nothing better than when you get the guy across from you to quit. After that it is easy pickins.

I love the way we are playing it is how football is suppose to be. There goal should be to make the other team quit. Keep it up!!!
[ Edited by spraked on Oct 12, 2011 at 9:02 AM ]
Originally posted by NinerFanForever:
I agree. It ticks me off. Its pretty f**king stupid and annoying especially if your two best players and supposed leaders are saying this.

I agree.

So you guys don't like it when we dominate and talk some sh*t? Have you ever seen Ray Lewis mic'd up? He says things like this during the whole game lol

We are sending a message! Our players have been losing for too long! We are serious about our game and bring the pain to our opposition! Our team plays hard and it is good leadership to make sure everyone knows it!

I like it!

These same people will be arguing about something else if our team didn't say anything the hate is just too great

I agree.

I like it!
Talking on the field is not the same as accusing players of quitting in the national press.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:

Harbaugh isn't Belichick and the team should follow and act how their coach handles the media. He's the leader, look at Alex he mentioned something about not giving away the secrets but then you have guys like Gore, Walker, and Davis saying sh*t like oh there's more to come, they didn't want to play no more, get your guys and tell them to play harder, we're this, we're that etc. That's how Singletary talked and look where he's at now. Staying humble can have a more positive affect than running your mouth. I don't know how many times I've mentioned this but with Harbaugh saying they're still looking for an identity helped us more than you guys think. Singletary told everyone what our identity was and we all know how that played out. Like another poster said I'm sure this was handled in house and we won't be hearing this kind of talk for very long.
Originally posted by NorthNiner:

I agree.

I like it!
Talking on the field is not the same as accusing players of quitting in the national press.

1) Players talk trash on the field ALLLLLL the time. It's just when reporters catch one to quote. Half the time it's not even vicious, it's out of good fun. Steve young would talk trash. When I played in HS, players talked trash. I personally wasn't a trash talker, but It never bothered me. So some NFL players are, some aren't. I don't think Alex is. I don't think Patrick Willis is either. Just a personality thing.

2) Is what Gore said last week trash talking. I think he was just giving his honest opinion. Calling yourself West Coast Killers is trash talking.

3) Seriously though, I think Vernon was actually bothered that they were weren't playing with any intensity. I think he was pumped, having fun and the Bucs weren't playing. I honestly think he was sincerely trying to pump them up. He's been there. I think he just felt bad for them and was trying to help. haha, I seriously think this though. Anyone else get that from what he was saying?
Yea they do need to shut up. These words become locker room fodder when you play these teams again. Tell them they quiet when you on the field but no need to say it in the media. Just say you beat them down.
Originally posted by stillpans4gold:
Originally posted by NorthNiner:

I agree.

I like it!

1) Players talk trash on the field ALLLLLL the time. It's just when reporters catch one to quote. Half the time it's not even vicious, it's out of good fun. Steve young would talk trash. When I played in HS, players talked trash. I personally wasn't a trash talker, but It never bothered me. So some NFL players are, some aren't. I don't think Alex is. I don't think Patrick Willis is either. Just a personality thing.

2) Is what Gore said last week trash talking. I think he was just giving his honest opinion. Calling yourself West Coast Killers is trash talking.

3) Seriously though, I think Vernon was actually bothered that they were weren't playing with any intensity. I think he was pumped, having fun and the Bucs weren't playing. I honestly think he was sincerely trying to pump them up. He's been there. I think he just felt bad for them and was trying to help. haha, I seriously think this though. Anyone else get that from what he was saying?

That is what I am thinking. Trash talk has been in the game forever. If Gore speaks his mind on the field or national media it doesn't mean his actions are wrong.. as long as we are WINNNNNNNNING!!! lol Other teams catch wind of this and they know the Niners bring it! We will see if they are as good as they say they are in the weeks to come. If we continue to kick ass... our guys can tell everyone... "we told you so".

We have a great group of competitors and I respect their actions. We BRING THE PAIN!
[ Edited by NinerFanForever on Oct 12, 2011 at 10:29 AM ]