LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 300 users in the forums

Can we please get our guys to quit saying the other team quit?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Like Vernon and Frank. It seems like every week they say the other team quit.... The Bucs coach was ticked off. He said they will remember that if we meet again in the playoffs. Why do we want to be so stupid and give extra bulliten board material to teams? Just be smart, humble, win and move on. Move on to the next game. Some of these teams you will face again. If they want to roll over and die let them. But why give them extra motivation and make them completely ticked off?

Don't buy it. These professional players get plenty motivation. If they need any extra then they slum. Save that bulletin board crap for the amateurs and sad to say the Singletary's. Now is it classy to say they quit? No and we should be even more worried about our team getting cocky which is dangerous ask the eagles.... Understand the 49ers have been losing for almost a decade. Maybe they dont know how to win???
Originally posted by DCz9er:
Like Vernon and Frank. It seems like every week they say the other team quit.... The Bucs coach was ticked off. He said they will remember that if we meet again in the playoffs. Why do we want to be so stupid and give extra bulliten board material to teams? Just be smart, humble, win and move on. Move on to the next game. Some of these teams you will face again. If they want to roll over and die let them. But why give them extra motivation and make them completely ticked off?

Don't buy it. These professional players get plenty motivation. If they need any extra then they slum. Save that bulletin board crap for the amateurs and sad to say the Singletary's. Now is it classy to say they quit? No and we should be even more worried about our team getting cocky which is dangerous ask the eagles.... Understand the 49ers have been losing for almost a decade. Maybe they dont know how to win???

Harbaugh needs to teach them how to win.
When did vernon say they quit? link?
f**k that s**t if any 2 teams deserve a little trash talk it's the Eagles and the Bucs. Eagles fans are completely obnoxious and we are not too far removed from the "snowball incident" Niner fans had to endure the previous time the Niners took a trip to Philly. As far as the Bucs are concerned they smashed us at home last year and their coach had a few words before the game also, pay back is a b***h.
If I were Harbaugh, I want to throttle and dominate the other team every game until they quit.
I agree. They really need to stop saying that the other team quit. It is not classy or professional. The guys on the other side are playing and are competitors too. Not our call to say whether or not they quit. Anyone could have said that about us the last decade.
Niner talk, where there's always something to b***h about

I get what you're saying, I just dont think its an issue. There's worse that gets said on the field to "motivate"them to play even harder next time.
[ Edited by toeknee on Oct 11, 2011 at 6:26 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by toeknee:
Niner talk, where there's always something to b***h about

Well your b***hing about niner talk. the irony
He never said quit. He said "it looked to me like they gave up". That is what it looked like to everyone. The media used the word quit and then asked Morris the question using quit. This is a non factor. He really didn't say anything bad about Tampa.
[ Edited by leakyfausett on Oct 11, 2011 at 6:32 PM ]
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Do you hear the Packers, Patriots, Saints or Colts (when Manning in and healthy) talk like that?....

Man stop being scared. They are grown ass men. Let them say whatever they want.

exactly, at least we're not guaranteeing victories

• Antix
  • Veteran
I didn't even think about this...

It was f**king OBVIOUS they gave up!
As long as they keep winning, i dont' care, they can say whatever the f**k they want.
Gore also didn't say quit.
"We just kept pounding and kept pounding and making plays, and we kind of knocked the fight out of them," Gore said.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Who cares.

[ Edited by Lott49ersFan on Oct 11, 2011 at 6:38 PM ]

I remember a certain coach laughing about being the "west coast killers" as well. Maybe the coach should STFU and win, if not, he should expect to hear s**t thrown back at him.
Share 49ersWebzone