There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Can we please get our guys to quit saying the other team quit?

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Its not like they are thrashing the over teams in post game speeches. Morris is just grabbing at air to try and motivate his players after a demoralizing loss.

Btw gore and Davis spoke nothing but truth

Do you hear the Packers, Patriots, Saints or Colts (when Manning in and healthy) talk like that?....

of course not, they don't make teams quit
Do you hear the Packers, Patriots, Saints or Colts (when Manning in and healthy) talk like that?....

Man stop being scared. They are grown ass men. Let them say whatever they want.
I'm still curious what this "extra" motivation is. These are all professional athletes we are talking about. Other teams will come into our games trying their hardest whether or not one of our players dissed them.

Can't think of any off hand, but I don't read other teams post game clippings too often. I doubt Vernon and frank are the first guys to ever say a team quit. And players have said a lot worse before (TB calling themselves the west coast killers). Franks comments got picked up by the national media because it was part of a bigger picture of he dream team collapse. Anyways all it really is is ammo for the fans. You think niner players were more
motivated by the west coast killer comments or the 21-0 schlacking at home? What about for the buccs? You think vernons lil comments will motivate them or the 48-3 score?
i'm sure JH has addressed this already.

I guess we like making teams tapout
I care. If you give them extra bulliten board material they will come out completely angry next time. Why do you want to give them extra incentive to play hard next time?

This is the NFL - "professional" football. Do you really think these players need extra incentive to play hard?
  • Antix
  • Veteran
This is such a non issue.

This "bulletin board material" is a cliche that his hyped up by the media more than the players. If anybody playing us needs extra motivation then they'll probably not beat us anyway. And if we keep on talking garbage one day we'll get beat and they'll shut up. Easy.

Understand it from the players' perspective. This is the same team that went 8-8 and 6-10 the last two years with pretty much the same personnel. This means they've been underachieving (which many of us figured) and now all their hard work is paying off. It's understandable that they might wanna talk a little garbage just like many of us are talking garbage right now to fans of other teams. I mean damn...the last 6 quarters we have straight dominated two teams that were figured to be the NFC's best.

This is not an issue. Worry about what happens on the field.
Originally posted by RDB4216:
I care. If you give them extra bulliten board material they will come out completely angry next time. Why do you want to give them extra incentive to play hard next time?

This is the NFL - "professional" football. Do you really think these players need extra incentive to play hard?

Classy winning teams handle it in a better way. It's like they don't know how to be winners because they haven't been in so long.
Is there a day goes by that you don't b***h about something?
i could care less if our players call out other teams on poor efforts after the game. as long as our players are the ones making plays and getting the W they have all the right to speak their mind. trash talking is just part of the game. in the end, the most prepared team will be the winning team. not the team that has a news clipping on their bulletin board for "extra motivation."

and i could definitely care less if the TB coach is pissed or not. he dubbed his team the "west coast killers" after one successful roadtrip in the west in 2010 so its about time he ate his own humble pie.
I think it's more like. "They quit because they were being beat down so badly and lost enthusiasm."
Originally posted by miked1978:
Is there a day goes by that you don't b***h about something?

I'm glad they are winning. I just want them to be more classy and humble. Do you see Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees or Peyton Manning ever talk like this no matter how much they win? That's what true leaders do. Be classy, humble and don't give extra motivation to the other team.
Originally posted by Sinsation:
i'm sure JH has addressed this already.

Yeah I agree ........ I am happy letting Harbaugh address what his players put out there , I know that Harbaugh always seems careful with what he puts out to the media.
truth hurts