There are 408 users in the forums

Niners sign Brett Swain

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners9:
signing him makes sense. TJ or Chamber wouldnt have jumped over williams or ginn in the line up. this guy can play ST and has west coast offense experience.

Isn't that the point? Who cares if he jumps Williams or Ginn.

Swain? This can't be it. We can't afford band-aids after losing Morgan.

Look closer at our WR position as it stands now...Morgan is maybe done for the year, Edwards MIGHT come back at full strength after the bye week, Crabtree's foot could flare up anytime, Ginn is a limited talent at WR, Williams is inexperienced...there are too many question marks at WR now with Morgan out.

It would make sense, after the progress we've seen this team make under the new coaching staff, to find a #3-caliber WR that would be a good fit with this team scheme-wise who could replace what Morgan did so well (big blocking WR w/ good hands, faster than he looks, good teammate, etc.). If the WR that fits this description needs to come in via a trade before the upcoming trade deadline, so be it as we're showing we're a team on the rise vs. the other way. The Steelers have a surplus of WRs and I hear Cotchery isn't getting much playing time...or, there must be other options.

We have a good shot at making the playoffs this year and maybe doing further damage after that if we keep improving each week. Alex Smith is continuing to improve under Harbaugh and playing within the system...we need to make sure our passing game is a threat with quality, proven (and healthy) WRs to keep teams honest and let Gore and Hunter do their thing in the running game.
Originally posted by PTulini:

welcome to page 13 of this thread

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/159002-morgan-replacement-options/page13/
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
google.com

No kidding...I got stats, profiles, etc but not the magazine cover. I still need to read how to post a picture, so yes, I am lacking. But dam, I can use google.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Our coaching must not think too highly of either Hastings or Mathews (PS WRs) if they'd rather sign this guy off the street instead.

They may not want to mess up Hastings' or Mathews' eligibility on the PS.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by PTulini:

welcome to page 13 of this thread

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/159002-morgan-replacement-options/page13/

Am I in that thread?... NO!!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
they should still another dude
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco
Whomever 49ers signed was going to be in uniform Sunday as fourth WR. Brett Swain is a willing and able special-teams player, too.
Originally posted by susweel:

Why its just for 1 game

even if gore?

Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
google.com

BAHAHAHAHA
Originally posted by HessianDud:

even if gore?

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco
Whomever 49ers signed was going to be in uniform Sunday as fourth WR. Brett Swain is a willing and able special-teams player, too.

Why its just for 1 game

so he gets cut after one game
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

Why its just for 1 game

so he gets cut after one game
Maybe. We need depth for this next game and thats it . Braylon comes back after the bye. Niners have suit up 4 recievers most games. so that will be Braylon, Crabtree, Ginn and Williams.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
oh, he's white? nevermind, horrible signing.

Share 49ersWebzone