There are 146 users in the forums

Smith and Crabtree, what is it between these two?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Nice post, SF4Eva. Smith to Crabtree is nowhere close to the great passing combos of the past. What can you expect for the reasons you have pointed out? Are they on the same wavelength? Clearly not, but which WR on the Niners has ever had that relationship with Alex during his tenure here. To say that this is isolated problem between these two is ridiculous.

Actually everyone else has been on a better wavelenth then them 2. Im just saying that i hope they do because it will only make this team, more dangerous. Those reasons are just those"excuses". alex and braylon were already there before he got hurt. Alex and Crabs needs to spend plenty of this off time working together.
I wanted to post in this thread after watching the game for the 4th time, I counted 6 throws that Alex dropped his shoulder on. After watching the INT he dipped his shoulder but I am eating crow in the fact that there had to be a miscommunication there. Alex was inaccurate but he didnt have the horrible game I thought he did when first watching it. He needs to work on his mechanics but he was still solid, so I am here admitting I was wrong, he didnt play nearly as terrible as I originally thought.
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
I wanted to post in this thread after watching the game for the 4th time, I counted 6 throws that Alex dropped his shoulder on. After watching the INT he dipped his shoulder but I am eating crow in the fact that there had to be a miscommunication there. Alex was inaccurate but he didnt have the horrible game I thought he did when first watching it. He needs to work on his mechanics but he was still solid, so I am here admitting I was wrong, he didnt play nearly as terrible as I originally thought.

I have faith that Harbaugh will correct it or at least let him know.

How'd you get your proper QB mechanics certification?
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Right, Smith doesn't overthrow anyone else but Crabtree.

These days? It seems most of his passes are right on the money to everyone but Crabtree. I don't think I am alone in this observation. I am the OP if you didn't notice... I made this thread last week after realizing there is a serious problem between these two.

i'd say 95% of smith's overthrows are to crabtree

You can get one online for 3 easy installments of $19.99
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
IMHO, I just think that Crabtree's foot injury keeps him off the practice field - thus making it difficult for (Crabtree) & Alex to work on there chemistry.

I deal with it everyday when I am watching opposing QB's on film game planning for the week. Even in college mechanics matter and especially basic one's like the one Alex has a tendency for

After watching 4 times how many bad passes did you count? I didn't see as many as I expected...But I didn't review 4 times lol
[ Edited by Jakemall on Oct 18, 2011 at 8:23 PM ]
Originally posted by Jakemall:
After watching 4 times how many bad passes did you count? I didn't see as many as I expected...But I didn't review 4 times lol

That is what I counted, but was expecting to see 7-8. Thought maybe my replay was missing some of the action.
Amazinghow perception changes when you can go back and look at film.

That is what I counted, but was expecting to see 7-8. Thought maybe my replay was missing some of the action.

nah his mechanics were of but he was definetly much better then i had orginally percieved

Great post. As for the bolded, I feel like the intensity of the game caused me to put every play under a microscope and I, like you, thought he played worse than he actually did.

Anything else stand out to you after watching the game that many times?
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:

Great post. As for the bolded, I feel like the intensity of the game caused me to put every play under a microscope and I, like you, thought he played worse than he actually did.

Anything else stand out to you after watching the game that many times?

Anthony Davis had the key blocks on both Gore's big runs getting to the 2nd level EXTREMELY well, also he held up in pass protection against that 9 wide really well to my surprise. I havent liked him since we picked him but he really had an outstanding game imo.
Share 49ersWebzone