LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

Smith and Crabtree, what is it between these two?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Evidently Smith thinks Crabtree is Manute Bol
I think much of it is that Crabs runs bad routes.
Originally posted by taney71:

Thats funny because Crabtree has always been known for his excellent route running.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

Thats funny because Crabtree has always been known for his excellent route running.

I know. That is what I've read as well but Smith's high passes seem to always be when he throws to Crabs.
Let me see, Crabtree doesn't think he needs to participate in training camp ( latest srew-up. . . breaks his foot in early June but puts off getting it fixed until mid July so he loses 4 weeks). Crabtree doesn't practice much all week so he has no chemistry with Alex. Crabtree's lack of pratice shows up in dropped balls, running wrong patterns, just dumb plays not to mention the fact that he thinks Alex is holding him back from racking up big numbers amd being all-pro. Hey dip look in the mirror and you'll really see who's at fault.If you don't have a mirror just go ask Vernon, he'll tell you..

Well this isn't a Mike Martz offense where it's based on timing of the routes. He's clearly just putting too much into his throws, he needs to settle down a bit.

I know. That is what I've read as well but Smith's high passes seem to always be when he throws to Crabs.

Smith's high passes are due to bad mechanics (I.e him dropping his shoulders when he is releasing the ball) not bad routes. That is something that has plagued Alex for some time now and it reared its nasty head again today. It is something that I am sure Jim will be pounding him on the rest of the bye week and much more liklely this whole year.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

Well this isn't a Mike Martz offense where it's based on timing of the routes. He's clearly just putting too much into his throws, he needs to settle down a bit.

I don't know if that is clear. We can't assume something like that since the high throws seems to only be with Crabs.
Crabs just needs to practice in training camp and not get hurt!
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
Let me see, Crabtree doesn't think he needs to participate in training camp ( latest srew-up. . . breaks his foot in early June but puts off getting it fixed until mid July so he loses 4 weeks). Crabtree doesn't practice much all week so he has no chemistry with Alex. Crabtree's lack of pratice shows up in dropped balls, running wrong patterns, just dumb plays not to mention the fact that he thinks Alex is holding him back from racking up big numbers amd being all-pro. Hey dip look in the mirror and you'll really see who's at fault.If you don't have a mirror just go ask Vernon, he'll tell you..

LOL, that is right about Vernon. He has already told him once. But I see Crabtree blocking hard, and I do believe he is giving it his all. His game wasn't bad today, it is obvious that it can be so much more though.

Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

I don't know if that is clear. We can't assume something like that since the high throws seems to only be with Crabs.
You honestly think any passing offense in the NFL isnt based on timing? that is silly, they all are, that being said Alex is clearly dropping his shoulder when he is throwing the ball not putting to much on it, that is the problem, nothing else.
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:

Smith's high passes are due to bad mechanics (I.e him dropping his shoulders when he is releasing the ball) not bad routes. That is something that has plagued Alex for some time now and it reared its nasty head again today. It is something that I am sure Jim will be pounding him on the rest of the bye week and much more liklely this whole year.

This. Haven't really seen it in a while but tough games tend to bring back bad habits. Still, crabtree isn't guiltless either. There were a couple catches maybe a td that he left on the field.

I don't think Jim does much pounding. And the problem obviously shows more with Crabtree than anyone else, even to the blindest haters.
You honestly think any passing offense in the NFL isnt based on timing? that is silly, they all are, that being said Alex is clearly dropping his shoulder when he is throwing the ball not putting to much on it, that is the problem, nothing else.

Timing matters but you can't say which one is at fault. I would say I would go with the player who didn't practice in the offseason or training camp.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

I don't think Jim does much pounding. And the problem obviously shows more with Crabtree than anyone else, even to the blindest haters.
I have been one of Alex's biggest supporter, but I am not speculating I am telling you the problem. This is not an opinion, it is a fact. This is basic QB mechanics and I am sure Jim will hound Alex about it.
Share 49ersWebzone