LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

No Respect?!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Theyve beat a bunch of bad or badly underacheiving teams...beat the Lions and earn respect, don't expect it to be given until then. Right now we're an overachieving team in a bad division, until we can take down some of the big boys we arent going to get, nor do we deserve, any respect.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,800 for saniner.
Originally posted by mustangmele:
You know who drives me nuts!? Jamie Dukes on NFL Network. He's such a dogmatic hater! You can hear one of the analystics giving Jamie a hard time after the win here:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d822faf3b/Buccaneers-vs-49ers-highlights

When I first saw this it sounded to me like it was the first time these guys were watching the highlights or looking at the stats. Pretty pathetic. Oh well, nobody wants to talk 49ers because nobody is ready to eat crow yet
Originally posted by saniner:
When I first saw this it sounded to me like it was the first time these guys were watching the highlights or looking at the stats. Pretty pathetic. Oh well, nobody wants to talk 49ers because nobody is ready to eat crow yet

Who's the guy sticking up for Alex Smith? I heard him doing the same thing to Jamie Pukes last week too.
Don't be so surprised if so many non-49er fans give "No-Respect" to our team. The 49ers dominated the NFL for a solid 16 years ( nobody before or since has ever done it like that) and left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouth. Analyst who were once players and the enemies media still wear those scars and show signs of hate .Cris Collingsworth and Boomer are just a few of the obvious. People love to hate the Cowboys out-loud but the 49ers are not too far behind if not as even when it comes to hate. Seahawk and Cardinal fans along with Ram fans hate the 49ers more then each other and yet we have not been a threat to either of these teams for years.Read their forums. I enjoy reading the hate. It's funny in a pathetic kinda way.
[ Edited by 1stAndGoal49ers on Oct 10, 2011 at 2:02 PM ]
Originally posted by EscuelaVieja:
Theyve beat a bunch of bad or badly underacheiving teams...beat the Lions and earn respect, don't expect it to be given until then. Right now we're an overachieving team in a bad division, until we can take down some of the big boys we arent going to get, nor do we deserve, any respect.

the teams we have played have a better combined record than the teams the lions have played...just sayin
Originally posted by mustangmele:
Who's the guy sticking up for Alex Smith? I heard him doing the same thing to Jamie Pukes last week too.

No idea, but Dukes needs take a few lessons in football.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
NY Times on the 49ers' 48-3 rout of Tampa Bay yesterday:

49ers 38, Bucs 3

Chalk this one up to a young Bucs team traveling 2,800 miles on a short week after playing their first nationally televised game in the Raheem Morris era. It happens.

Niner fans, don't take this as a slight to your team. Elementary as the Niners are offensively, they're one overtime away from being undefeated.

Good. Harbaugh seems to be using this kind of stuff very effectively to motivate.

I can already see the narrative if we beat an undefeated Detroit team . . . "just like the Bucs last week, the Lions were obviously emotionally down after playing an emotional Monday night game the week before."
niners on around the horn today...
It's disappointing that our 48-3 victory over a 3-1 team went somewhat unnoticed but you get enough victories and people will start talking. We got another big game next week against Detroit. Baltimore coming up pretty soon.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
It's disappointing that our 48-3 victory over a 3-1 team went somewhat unnoticed but you get enough victories and people will start talking. We got another big game next week against Detroit. Baltimore coming up pretty soon.

We were unfortunate that Tebow made an appearance. That alone takes up about 15 minutes every hour.

Who cares if the pundits dont say nice things about us. I remember way back, when we were getting ready to play Marino in the Super Bowl. Everything that week was about how great the Dolphins were, they couldnt be stopped, Montana wasnt ready. We know how that turned out. Let them have their Vicks, Romos, and whomever. We are playing lights out right now and those of us that have watched this team over the years see the transformation, they can have their crow as we continue knock off their annointed teams, this year and beyond. In Harbaugh I trust.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 1stAndGoal49ers:
Don't be so surprised if so many non-49er fans give "No-Respect" to our team. The 49ers dominated the NFL for a solid 16 years ( nobody before or since has ever done it like that) and left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouth. Analyst who were once players and the enemies media still wear those scars and show signs of hate .Cris Collingsworth and Boomer are just a few of the obvious. People love to hate the Cowboys out-loud but the 49ers are not too far behind if not as even when it comes to hate. Seahawk and Cardinal fans along with Ram fans hate the 49ers more then each other and yet we have not been a threat to either of these teams for years.Read their forums. I enjoy reading the hate. It's funny in a pathetic kinda way.

I like Collinsworth. I think he's been pretty accurate with his criticism of the team and his compliments too. He's one of the better announcers/analysts out there in my opinion.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Just mentioned us on Around the Horn. Rialy said " The best team in football no one is talking about, are you even allowed to talk about the niners"
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Haha 49ers coming up on Around the Horn and Tony Reali right before the commercial jokingly said "are you guys even allowed to talk about them"
Share 49ersWebzone