There are 180 users in the forums

Play of the game

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Play of the game

this game was such a blowout, one single play didnt decide anything, so im going to go with a play that meant the most to the team. Smith hitting VD with that 3rd TD pass kind of represented turning the corner for Smith and the offense. it showed dominance, and the ability to finish strong.
best play was goldson.

most significant for the game (and maybe the season) was alex to Delanie on the opening drive. The smile alex had on his face was priceless. it really looked, and felt like, the monkey may have finally been taken off his back.
def the pick 6. Having the D step up and not only get the ball back, but score a TD...HUGE lift for the team. You see it in the great teams...when one side makes a mistake, they dont get down on each other. They go out and lift them up. Really enjoying watching this team play right now.
Originally posted by Blitz:
This. That set the tone. I think it shell shocked them. Don't think they were prepared for Harbaugh/Smith to take it to them like that. I doubt they had much confidence Harbaugh would attack them that aggressively from the get go when they were game planning for us.

That was a frikkin beautiful throw down the seam to DW...I'm still in awe. And it was like our first opening drive TD since the JG days or something!?
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Oct 10, 2011 at 5:51 AM ]
Smith to Walker in the first half. That was off playaction. Smith knew exactly where to go right after the fake. Major statement play to the Bucs from then on. We are coming at you early and often.

On defense: The Rogers' pick 6 of Freeman after the Gore fumble. Total team statement to the Bucs. The rout is on!!!!
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 10, 2011 at 7:44 AM ]
#38 Dashon Goldson aka Optimus Prime Jacks up Buccs Reciever and forces fumble!
Rogers pick. Right after Gore fumbled to get our momentum back. And we never lost it after that.
Like someone said, "Carlitos"!!!!

He single-handedly turned back the TO that Gore coughed-up. On the next play after Gore's fumble, Rogers picks it off and takes it to the house.

I believe it really let the wind out of their sails, deflated them.
I might get flamed for this, but I picked other: the 3rd-and-14 conversion on the first drive of the 3rd quarter after the holding penalty. We've seen Smith placed in those situations way too many times in the past, and he's come up shooting blanks. Solid pass to Crabtree, they pick up the 1st down, and from there on out, I could see Smith's confidence grow. The game was completely over after that.
Originally posted by Bay_Area_Fan:
My vote goes to Carlitos

do not throw towards Carlitos Way

Smith to Dw, and its not even close. It was a PERFECT pass in between triple coverage of that 4 deep zone. If the ball is a yard short, left or right, it is an INT. He threw it perfectly and set the tone for the game. When the play happened, i literally said "wow" it was just perfect.
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
Smith to Dw, and its not even close. It was a PERFECT pass in between triple coverage of that 4 deep zone. If the ball is a yard short, left or right, it is an INT. He threw it perfectly and set the tone for the game. When the play happened, i literally said "wow" it was just perfect.

Agreed. I was talking about this at the game. But I think there were actually 4 defenders in the area...though only 3 close enough to make a play.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Oct 10, 2011 at 9:42 AM ]
Rogers swung the momentum and opened the flood gates.
  • Huego
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:

I agree...Alex would have NEVER thrown that ball in seasons past. It just shows you how much more confidence he has now.
Too many to choose from. When was the last time that happened.

On Offense - Pass to DW - Sweet
On Defense - [Tough call] Goldson doing a Ronnie Lott imitation.
Share 49ersWebzone