LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 286 users in the forums

Is Jim Harbaugh the second coming of Bill Walsh???

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Jim Harbaugh the second coming of Bill Walsh???

I think the important not here is not that he's the next bill Walsh he's the only hier from Walsh that hasn't won a super bowl YET. All tue others have and so it's only a matter of time before harbaugh does with the 49ers.
Walsh was an innovator. Not sure Harbaugh will ever be in Walsh's class when it comes to XXX's & 000's
NOBODY is the 2nd coming of Bill Walsh.

Not now. Not in the future. NEVER.
fake and gsy
No insult to Bill Walsh intended of course. But I do believe he'll become the winningest coach in 49er history.
Jim Harbaugh will be Jim Harbaugh....
I love how winning creates so much optimism on the boards. This thread may be annoying, but at least its positive. Harbaugh is the first coming of Harbaugh. Period. Who's got it better than we do? Nobody.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's just going to be himself. Stop with all the comparison stuff.

Thank you. Why do people always do that s**t? it's kinda annoying.
Went for the tits!

• dj43
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I really like this coach. He's like Walsh in certain ways and very different from him in other ways. Their personalities are different. Harbaugh is much more emotional and fiery during the game than Walsh was. Walsh was very contained and dry during games. Harbaugh is screaming at the refs and going nuts. Harbaugh is more of a player-type guy which shouldn't be a surprise since he played for 15 years. But Harbaugh is very much like Walsh in a couple of very important ways: he schemes for the opponent, he attacks weaknesses and he makes changes based on scheme during games. I think the more the playbook is installed as the season progresses, we'll see even more of that. Harbaugh has heavily studied Walsh and we all know that Walsh was his mentor at Stanford, so we shouldn't be surprised if he manages games and develops schemes as Walsh did. It's really too early to say Harbaugh is another Bill Walsh, but he may be on his way. We should know in a few years.

Pretty good description, especially the comparison of their game demeanors.

Also, where Harbaugh is a "player's coach," very close to the players personally, Walsh was more distant. Players feared him as well as respected him. They knew he saw everything and tolerated nothing but full attention. If he didn't get it, he could just freeze a guy by just glaring at him.

Harbaugh may turn out to be a very good coach in this league. It is WAY to early to tell. This one game is creating some very crazy talk.
I'd be happy with a Seifert

But, no he is not the second coming of Walsh who was an innovating genius. There is a whole coaching tree.

Harbaugh seems to be a great coach, inspired by Walsh but Harbaugh won't ever be in the same league.

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving this hire and think he can make the team take the next steps. I'm just so happy that it seems that the dry heave that was the SingleNowin era might finally be leaving my mouth
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's just going to be himself. Stop with all the comparison stuff.

Thank you. Why do people always do that s**t? it's kinda annoying.
After the results are in, let's start a nickname thread for Harbaugh.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erRider:
NOBODY is the 2nd coming of Bill Walsh.

Not now. Not in the future. NEVER.

Amen brother. We win one game and right away people are comparing coaches to Bill Walsh. WTF
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Should we this or just hope it dies off quickly????
Share 49ersWebzone