LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

Is Jim Harbaugh the second coming of Bill Walsh???

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is Jim Harbaugh the second coming of Bill Walsh???

We're only 4 games into the season but I'm ready to annoint him.
He's just going to be himself. Stop with all the comparison stuff.
Yes
Way too early for this comparison.

I love what I am seeing from Harbaugh, but I am not going to start crowning him just yet.
the only thing that's coming is my Harboner.
Originally posted by Texas9erFan:
We're only 4 games into the season but I'm ready to annoint him.

Another Bill Walsh is a really tall order. But I am starting to believe that he is the type of coach who can lead a team to a Super Bowl. That would be more than enough.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Yes

yup
Too soon Junior

[ Edited by unst4bl3 on Oct 3, 2011 at 6:47 PM ]
calm your titties man
Just like there will never be another Montana, Lott or Rice... There will never be another Walsh. But their certainly can be many more great like minded coaches in the mold of a Bill Walsh, and I certainly think Harbaugh has the kind of drive and mindset to be that succsseful. It remains to be seen, but I like where this thing seems to be headed....

But there will never be another Walsh....

I really like this coach. He's like Walsh in certain ways and very different from him in other ways. Their personalities are different. Harbaugh is much more emotional and fiery during the game than Walsh was. Walsh was very contained and dry during games. Harbaugh is screaming at the refs and going nuts. Harbaugh is more of a player-type guy which shouldn't be a surprise since he played for 15 years. But Harbaugh is very much like Walsh in a couple of very important ways: he schemes for the opponent, he attacks weaknesses and he makes changes based on scheme during games. I think the more the playbook is installed as the season progresses, we'll see even more of that. Harbaugh has heavily studied Walsh and we all know that Walsh was his mentor at Stanford, so we shouldn't be surprised if he manages games and develops schemes as Walsh did. It's really too early to say Harbaugh is another Bill Walsh, but he may be on his way. We should know in a few years.
Reminds me more of Dick Vermeil in his Eagles days than Bill Walsh.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
calm your titties man

Dumb thread.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
calm your titties man

Seriously
Share 49ersWebzone