There are 163 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Redemption for Akers

I loved the ESPN feature on Akers this morning. Talking about he was ran out of town for missing 2 FGs in the Eagles playoff loss by 5 to GB. This was two days after he found out his 6 year old daughter had ovarian cancer.

Well you got redemption today David. The rookie they replaced you with missed 2 FGs to open the door for the win. Congrats Akers, great team win. All the guys played well and it actually looked like we had playmakers: Davis, Gore, Crabtree, Morgan, Hunter, Justin Smith, Aldon Smith, Rodgers Willis all made plays!
  • Shemp
  • Veteran
he still missed a critical/easy field goal that could have been a game changer, esp if the eagles didn't miss so many of theirs. I wouldn't quite call it redemption.
Originally posted by Shaj:
he still missed a critical/easy field goal that could have been a game changer, esp if the eagles didn't miss so many of theirs. I wouldn't quite call it redemption.

Not sure if that illegal leverage distracted him on that kick. That was a horribly overlooked penalty on that play.
Say what you will about Akers today, it's still obvious Akers>Henery. Big fail for the Eagles.
ya it was a nice to story on espn good for him and his family about their daughter being healthy, football is just a game at the end of day who cares if you miss a few field goals buts its nice to win
Akers was nervous today. Glad it didn't come down to him in the 4th. He'll do well for us, though.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home