49ers vs. Broncos Tickets Available! →

There are 503 users in the forums

Who does Hunter remind you of?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Most similar to Darren Sproles, down to the size. Short, but insanely strong. Doesn't have MJD's big thighs.
Originally posted by mayo49:
He reminds me of a Westbrook/Sanders combo. Discuss.

Why stop there? How about a little Jim Brown, and a touch of Joe Montana. I know what you mean, but the guy has only touched the ball a handful of times and you're mentioning all time greats.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Oct 1, 2011 at 10:50 AM ]
He actually reminds me of gore a lot. Both quick but not breakaway speed. Both good after first contact both good catching and both elusive and have a good burst. To me they are almost exactly the same and when gore is done we will have little to no dropoff. Great pickup
If MJD and Sproles had a kid it would be hunter.
charlie garner
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 65,216
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by mayo49:
He reminds me of a Westbrook/Sanders combo. Discuss.

Why stop there? How about a little Jim Brown, and a touch of Joe Montana. I know what you mean, but the guy has only touched the ball a handful of times and you're mentioning all time greats.


I wouldn't call Westbrook an all time great, but I'm just comparing body type and style of running.
Originally posted by NewEraNiner:
I'm as excited about Hunter as the next guy, but I don't think he has proven anything yet.

Hopefully that changes tomorrow.

let's not get carried away with somebody who has a sub 3.0 YPC
Originally posted by mayo49:
I wouldn't call Westbrook an all time great, but I'm just comparing body type and style of running.

I'm sure there are a few, but I can't think of a better WCO running back than Westbrook.

Hunter looks good, but I haven't seen anything that made me think Barry Sanders. Who did he make miss behind the line? If anything, Hunter has had some good power runs. He and Dixon should switch brains.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Oct 1, 2011 at 11:12 AM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Dexter Carter

Wash your mouth out
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
  • Posts: 122,133
MJD
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Why stop there? How about a little Jim Brown, and a touch of Joe Montana. I know what you mean, but the guy has only touched the ball a handful of times and you're mentioning all time greats.

He also reminds me of Ty Cobb. And Wayne Gretzky.
[ Edited by KowboyKiller on Oct 1, 2011 at 11:41 AM ]
  • mod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 42,454
Comparing height and weight he physically shares little resemblance to Brian Westbrook... He most closely resembles MJD. Playing style seems similar to Gore
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I have to disagree, CJ2k is a track player/wr playing RB.. Hunter actually keeps his legs churning, and runs through some people.

Are you really going to knock a guy that had a 2000 yard season?
Barry Sanders
LMFAO


''SANDERS?''


Barry Sanders was/is the goat of RB's.

c'mon man.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone