There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

So if we beat the Eagles, where do we stand?...

further away from the edge of a cliff
Ok is this a fair and honest statement....

49ers sending the Eagles to 1-3 in their own house means Patrick Willis and a championship caliber defense has arrived.

yes or no?
Originally posted by verb1der:

49ers sending the Eagles to 1-3 in their own house means Patrick Willis and a championship caliber defense has arrived.

yes or no?

I have to wait and see how the game goes before I crown anything. This is a true test to where this team stands. Hopefully our defense can maintain consistency, and hopefully our offense can find a balanced attack. We need to come out and make a statement! Has this team matured any? Or are we still the same old flopping 49ers? Biggest game we've had in a long while as far as confidence goes in my opinion.

Pretty excited for Sunday!
if we win it depends how it was done. legitmate oline play, high% pass comepletes, solid running? or ugly drives that settle for long field goals with defense and/or special teams to winning it? if anything those teams scheduled to play us will be the ones to take notice. media...that'll take doing whats already been said by consistently putting up points as well as getting another lombardi to get love again.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I have to wait and see how the game goes before I crown anything. This is a true test to where this team stands. Hopefully our defense can maintain consistency, and hopefully our offense can find a balanced attack. We need to come out and make a statement! Has this team matured any? Or are we still the same old flopping 49ers? Biggest game we've had in a long while as far as confidence goes in my opinion.

Pretty excited for Sunday!

Exactly! Just the opportunity alone for this team to prove that is what makes it exciting. I think a win will say a lot.
Eagles are tough, and tho I like Harbaw a lot, Andy reid is a better coach going into this game...a lot better. JH still has to figure out how to beat the box 8, and bet the farm on andy reid using box 8 all day long...unless JH gets religion and has alex dink and dunk, nothing more than one steppers, which also means vernon, craps, morgan and delainie have to be looking from the moment they leave LOS. No quick slants and outs = loss to eagles. Quick slants and outs and we have a chance. Broken or not, a bad hand bruise is murder to play qB with, so vick will not be as sharp as he can be. IF we tag him about 3 times in 1st half, really tag him, he may just give up and play when he feels better. JH better have an answer for their receivers, because three of those jokers have winged feet.... and Vick has been a pinpoint passer. So how do we stand if we beat Philly? I would suggest doing it first and worrying about the question later. This is our 2nd road game in a row, and we have to be 3 pt dogs at least. OOps, dogs is probably not the best word considering, well... you know.
Some heads are going to turn if we win this game.
We stand at 3-1 and nothing more.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Eagles are tough, and tho I like Harbaw a lot, Andy reid is a better coach going into this game...a lot better. JH still has to figure out how to beat the box 8, and bet the farm on andy reid using box 8 all day long...unless JH gets religion and has alex dink and dunk, nothing more than one steppers, which also means vernon, craps, morgan and delainie have to be looking from the moment they leave LOS. No quick slants and outs = loss to eagles. Quick slants and outs and we have a chance. Broken or not, a bad hand bruise is murder to play qB with, so vick will not be as sharp as he can be. IF we tag him about 3 times in 1st half, really tag him, he may just give up and play when he feels better. JH better have an answer for their receivers, because three of those jokers have winged feet.... and Vick has been a pinpoint passer. So how do we stand if we beat Philly? I would suggest doing it first and worrying about the question later. This is our 2nd road game in a row, and we have to be 3 pt dogs at least. OOps, dogs is probably not the best word considering, well... you know.

excuse me... who the hell is harbaw???
We will be 2-6 at the Bye week and finish the year at 6 wins. Just enough wins to get us another 1st round pick that isn't good enough to start. Reminds me of the Warriors for 10 seasons. The coach was good enough to get the players to play over their heads and they always got a lousy 1st round pick so they never improved.
Davis & Willis are the only 1st round picks who have panned out lately. We get the #7 pick this year and he can't even start. Green Bay picked late last year and got Matthews. They get steak and we get chopped liver.
Originally posted by verb1der:

yes or no?

NO

It means the DREAM TEAM D has arrived
It puts us 3-1 with Bucs, Lions, Browns, Redskins, Giants, Cardinals, and then Ravens Turkey day. If we can manage a 6-5 or 7-4 record out of this brutal stretch, then we have Rams, Cardinals, Steelers, Seahawks, and last game Rams. I think we could end up 9-7 or 10-6. That is definate playoffs in our division, Playing the Giants, Ravens, Steelers all three proven winners, and Bucs, Lions, Redskins as up and comers i think that our NIners will have some great experience and know how. Our Niners might be able to do some damage in the playoffs. This all depending on our O-line and Alex Smith continuing to progress.
Perhaps this is the game Coach Harbaugh was saving for to 'open up' the offense?
Why do people care what the media thinks of the team? We haven't gotten into to post season and we played ugly football for almost a decade. If we win good, but don't expect anything from it but a w in the standings. If we lose, same old niners.
When we show we are a winning team instead of a team that wins every now and then, you can have you media coverage.o
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Perhaps this is the game Coach Harbaugh was saving for to 'open up' the offense?

BRING ON THE WILDCAT!

Gore - Kaepernick - Hunter