LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 201 users in the forums

So if we beat the Eagles, where do we stand?...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
3-1

this for sure.

wait.... so you're telling me if we lose...

we're gonna be 2-2?!!!

Lmao NO! Have faith lol 3-1
Goniners
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Non existent in the media's eyes.

If we win the media will start noticing. We don't have to crush them for that to happen.

This. Beating one of the media's sacred teams makes you legitimate in their eyes.
Yup I just looked up the statistics, 2-1 teams that lose always go to 2-2! Never fails

Stats dont tell the whole story.
Originally posted by BleedRednGold:
Yeah the Eagles are 1-2 but they are still a very good team. So if we beat them, where does that put us?? Are we still going to be considered a bottom feeder who got lucky or are we going to be considered a legitimate team? I think this game is huge for us. I hope people keep writing us off and we fly under the radar. But if we win...

I think we'll get some real respect if we win. The problem is, it will be very unlikely that we walk away with a W. We don't match-up well. If the OL can prove that "they don't suck" we will have a shot, but that is a big IF.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Stats can be made to say anything!
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Stats can be made to say anything!

Exactly. Anyone can say that if a 2-1 team loses they'll be 2-2, but I'll believe it when I see it!
Originally posted by blm7754:
Yeah the Eagles are 1-2 but they are still a very good team. So if we beat them, where does that put us?? Are we still going to be considered a bottom feeder who got lucky or are we going to be considered a legitimate team? I think this game is huge for us. I hope people keep writing us off and we fly under the radar. But if we win...

I think we'll get some real respect if we win. The problem is, it will be very unlikely that we walk away with a W. We don't match-up well. If the OL can prove that "they don't suck" we will have a shot, but that is a big IF.

I agree. I think we have a chance to beat em but most likely not. That's why I brought this up. If we lose, ok, same ol 9ers. But if we win, will people have to take us serious or will it be they're 3-1 so what?
Originally posted by blm7754:

How do we not match up well?! Because of their "team speed"? That's all I keep hearing about the Eagles...put it this way, they wont be able to run on the Niners. That means they become 1 dimensional, and everyone knows Vick isn't very good carrying the team on his own, he ends up trying too hard, and fails.

Now can the Eagles D match up with the 49ers offense? People will argue "they have elite corners" but how has that worked for em? 2 losses. They are 1-2 for a reason.

And plus Navarro Bowman already said..."We feel we have a 'Dream Team' over here (on defense), also."

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
3-1

this for sure.

we're gonna be 2-2?!!!

No I think what hes trying to tell you is, if we score more than them, we will win.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
3-1

this for sure.

we're gonna be 2-2?!!!

No I think what hes trying to tell you is, if we score more than them, we will win.

i think he means if they score less than us?

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
3-1

this for sure.

we're gonna be 2-2?!!!

i think he means if they score less than us?

you sure? what's your deal!?
3-1

id take that
The Niners will not get the credit for a win, it will only be because the Eagles lost it. Actually, Vick will lose it because he didn't make them win, and if he doesn't play their loss will be because of that.

That's in the East. Here it will be because Smith didn't lose it and despite settling for five field goals...
Still in first place in the NFC West, even if all other teams in our division win out (highly unlikely, but since they all have a home game, they might have a shot).

This would also give us at least temporarily a better record on the road than at home.
Nobody will think much of SF until they get to the playoffs and win and then win again. Then we would be in the championship round and then we would be involved in discussions for we would have beaten two playoff teams and be one step from the super bowl. Then we would be a topic of discussion, little respect but at least talked about. If we won the NFC championship and beat Green Bay we would definitely be a topic of discussion. But until that happens be prepared to be ignored.
[ Edited by Ninefan56 on Sep 30, 2011 at 6:22 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone