There are 150 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Will Hunter take the #1 spot on sunday?

Will Hunter take the #1 spot on sunday?

We've all seen it before. The #1 player gets hurt, his backup comes in and dominates. The former #1 becomes #2 and never regains his spot. Will this be the situation this season? specifically sunday? Its already been said that Hunter and gore will likely split the carries evenly, and if hunter gets 6+ yards per carry to franks 2.5, how can harbaugh ignore that? I know this is all hypothetical, but its happened all too often, and i think it will happen on sunday.

Gore is having a hard time with his ankle recovery, and hunter is HUNGRY. I personally think both of them will have a good day against Phillys 30th ranked run defense, but i think hunter will take it a few steps further than gore and just have a really nice showing.
no, its going to be Kory Sheets
Originally posted by THEB:
We've all seen it before. The #1 player gets hurt, his backup comes in and dominates. The former #1 becomes #2 and never regains his spot. Will this be the situation this season? specifically sunday? Its already been said that Hunter and gore will likely split the carries evenly, and if hunter gets 6+ yards per carry to franks 2.5, how can harbaugh ignore that? I know this is all hypothetical, but its happened all too often, and i think it will happen on sunday.

Gore is having a hard time with his ankle recovery, and hunter is HUNGRY. I personally think both of them will have a good day against Phillys 30th ranked run defense, but i think hunter will take it a few steps further than gore and just have a really nice showing.
He could ignore it because Phily's D is undersized and designed to stop the pass. Hunter probably should get 6 yds a carry.
I don't think so, gore just got his contract, F.O will want him to play to help influence their decision on what to do with him/draft in the offseason.
Not only is he going to start but on the 1st drive he will catch a swing pass and take it 70 yards for the score.
This will be the beginning of less carries for gore
Originally posted by wailers15:
This will be the beginning of less carries for gore

Possibly, I also think this is the beginning of Gore having a chip on his shoulder, playing with fire to show he still got it.
Originally posted by 1stAndGoal49ers:
Not only is he going to start but on the 1st drive he will catch a swing pass and take it 70 yards for the score.

Now this is what I have been waiting for.
Originally posted by 49ERwhiner:
Now this is what I have been waiting for.

off the subject, but do you see hunter as a smaller gore, or as a westbrook type?
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by 49ERwhiner:
Now this is what I have been waiting for.

off the subject, but do you see hunter as a smaller gore, or as a westbrook type?

Westbrook.

- 98
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by 49ERwhiner:
Now this is what I have been waiting for.

off the subject, but do you see hunter as a smaller gore, or as a westbrook type?

More of a hybrid ........ a little of both really.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I don't think so, gore just got his contract, F.O will want him to play to help influence their decision on what to do with him/draft in the offseason.

Think about what u r saying. Gore's contract has a lot of incentives in it based on his performance. It was actually not that great of a deal for him. Unless gore picks it up this is looking very much like his last yr here. F.O. I'm sure is secretly (from a business stand point since this is more of a business than a "fun" sport) happy that they won't have to shell out a whole bunch of extra money to him. Kind of like how the raiders did namdi last yr. F.O. I'm sure really cares more about who produces more whether It's gore or Hunter
My co-worker said Hunter will be 49ers version of Ray Rice....I said GTFO!!!!!
Originally posted by wailers15:
Think about what u r saying. Gore's contract has a lot of incentives in it based on his performance. It was actually not that great of a deal for him. Unless gore picks it up this is looking very much like his last yr here. F.O. I'm sure is secretly (from a business stand point since this is more of a business than a "fun" sport) happy that they won't have to shell out a whole bunch of extra money to him. Kind of like how the raiders did namdi last yr. F.O. I'm sure really cares more about who produces more whether It's gore or Hunter

I hear what you are saying, its going to suck to see how fast they trade him for a 7th, instead of trying to get more for him. Granted though, he could surprise us and return to form by the end of the season.
he'll see more carries, because I think Gore will play sparingly. but until he proves as capable a blocker, consistently, or that he can make up for the lack of competent run blocking, he won't become the #1 RB.

I'm not sure where the extreme boners for Hunter are coming from, or the "hungry" idea. Dumb.