LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 234 users in the forums

2007 -- We've seen this before

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by MILFS:
If Harbaugh can magically fix up this o-line to play decent, we have a serious chance at winning the NFC West. If not, I don't see how Alex will last an entire season behind this line. knock on wood

agree

x3
2007 is nothing like this season, for one we actually have a HC who knows about offense and developing QB's. Right now he is bringing the offense along slowly just as he said he would. He's doing what is best for the offense and the team right now.
-Beat a crappy ARI team, and a decent STL team, then got blown out by Pittsburgh
-less passing yards
-Smith's rating was terrible from lack of completions

-Beat a crappy SEA team, played DAL till the end, then beat CIN away!
-more passing yards
-Smith's passing yards, completion %, and QB rating much better than 2007

I see big differences. We are far better, and Smith is playing much more efficient. I am not saying I expect a different result, but I really don't see how the two years can even be compared!
Originally posted by stillpans4gold:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Lets go back to 2007.

The 49ers win their first two games vs. the Cardinals (MNF) and @ the Rams.

We finish those games with a COMBINED 380 yards for a 2 game average of 190 yards/game. Alex Smith throws for a paltry 252 yards (with 0 TDs 0 INTs) COMBINED in both games for a 126 yards/game average. TERRIBLE. Worst offense in football, by far.

Everyone on the WZ rejoices at how awesome of a year it's going to be and how great a job Alex is doing.

Unfortunately, the seeds were being planted for a giant beatdown for the rest of the year.

I can't predict how bad/good we would have been if Rocky Bernard didn't destroy Alex Smith, but clearly our offense was a giant s**tshow that entire year and nobody can make an argument that Alex was going to do any better than Dilfer (and he sure as hell wasn't going to do better than Shaun Hill).

The point I'm making is this: this is fools gold. Our 2-1 record is not allowing us to see how terrible we actually are on offense right now. I can only hope that the coaches can see this.

If not, get ready for another losing season.

So your theory model works simply like this...

190ypg = 5/16 (5 win season)
over
213ypg = x/16 (6 win season)

The current culture of this fan base cracks me up!.... The last girl left me after three dates!!! = It's our third date, you're going to leave me!

Sure, the Niners could fall apart this season. But even if that's true, this could be your only chance to be happy. Sure, we could get into a spectrum tug of war of teams that started off slow offensively and finished strong to combat the 2007 season, and vice versa, remember the 2008 season???

The thing I look at and hope when comparing the 2007 season, is that this team was pretty much the same as it was the previous year and running on a fully implemented playbook; whereas this team is still developing. No guarantee that it'll develop anytime soon, or even if it will develop successfully, BUT it gives more reason to hope for success.

There are a lot of key offensive players on the 2011 team that were also on the 2007 team. They remember that year and I'd like them to be reminded of that as well. Need to work even harder now!

This is a tangential fan base with tangential extrapolations. The thinking can get so basic, so linear. It's what makes this place fun, we all go to the zoo so we can see the monkeys playing in their doo.
As Ninerticvo and others have noted, Harbaugh/Roman >>>>>>>>Hostler.

But, this club is similarly vulnerable to an injury loss of Alex Smith, as it was in 2007. The next three weeks bring formidable defensive rush. Ndamgong Suh (sp?) lurks. Smith has already suffered one concussion this season. And the Niner back-up QB situation has NEVER been so green. Baalke and Harbaugh are whistling past the graveyard. Let's hope that they get away with it!
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
didn't read, lol

Too bad, it's some good s**t!

Its good s**t?
So, trying to kill everyones hopes and making yourself look like a negative fan is good s**t?

alright dude, i WISH i didnt read.
I can't wait to bump this thread when we're in the playoffs.
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
didn't read, lol

Too bad, it's some good s**t!

Its good s**t?
So, trying to kill everyones hopes and making yourself look like a negative fan is good s**t?

alright dude, i WISH i didnt read.

I'm just offering my perspective bro, you don't have to agree.

I'm just not getting my hopes up like I did in 07.

Like everyone has mentioned, the talent and coaching is a lot better on this team.

If we win tomorrow (in any way/shape/form) I will gladly eat crow.

I'm actually cautiously optimistic (like OTC, Lambda said) about the future for our offense/team.
2 - 1 and leading the division on the way to the playoffs.....

Cam nEXCUSES.....losing games but throwing for lots of yards.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

in 2 games he threw like a million passes went for 400 yards over lost teh game

next game threw under 200 yards and tehy win

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

in 2 games he threw like a million passes went for 400 yards over lost teh game

next game threw under 200 yards and tehy win

So less yards = better.

Less yards = win.

Alex = on right track.

So less yards = better.

Less yards = win.

Alex = on right track.

And alex is a better game manager than Shaun hill was... *walks out the back door*
So lets base every season compared to our bad ones and lets just hope that we do just as bad.......c'mon man have some faith or find a new team.....
yuppers
Share 49ersWebzone