There are 183 users in the forums

2007 -- We've seen this before

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hate threads like this. Who cares about what happened in the past. We should be f**king excited and showing it at every game. Yeah we had a bad season in 2007. This is 2011. Not 2007. Keep saying that. Let's get HYPED, lets get EXCITED, let's show the team that we support them. Instead of being little pussies and b***hes how about we go out and make some noise, show them we care and get them hyped as well.
Originally posted by Whomeam:
Hate threads like this. Who cares about what happened in the past. We should be f**king excited and showing it at every game. Yeah we had a bad season in 2007. This is 2011. Not 2007. Keep saying that. Let's get HYPED, lets get EXCITED, let's show the team that we support them. Instead of being little pussies and b***hes how about we go out and make some noise, show them we care and get them hyped as well.

Hell yes! This is what being a fan is about to me! Glad there are more of you out there!
Predicted 0-16 so whatever the final outcome to the season im happy.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by Whomeam:

Hell yes! This is what being a fan is about to me! Glad there are more of you out there!

I just can't help it. It's how I am at all times.

Just for a little perspective: I talked smack today to a mom at my little sisters elementary school because she had a Cowboys emblem on her car. That's how I roll.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Lets go back to 2007.

The 49ers win their first two games vs. the Cardinals (MNF) and @ the Rams.

We finish those games with a COMBINED 380 yards for a 2 game average of 190 yards/game. Alex Smith throws for a paltry 252 yards (with 0 TDs 0 INTs) COMBINED in both games for a 126 yards/game average. TERRIBLE. Worst offense in football, by far.

Everyone on the WZ rejoices at how awesome of a year it's going to be and how great a job Alex is doing.

Unfortunately, the seeds were being planted for a giant beatdown for the rest of the year.

I can't predict how bad/good we would have been if Rocky Bernard didn't destroy Alex Smith, but clearly our offense was a giant s**tshow that entire year and nobody can make an argument that Alex was going to do any better than Dilfer (and he sure as hell wasn't going to do better than Shaun Hill).

The point I'm making is this: this is fools gold. Our 2-1 record is not allowing us to see how terrible we actually are on offense right now. I can only hope that the coaches can see this.

If not, get ready for another losing season.
I agree.
Originally posted by Hek49:
I don't we had a top 5 defense back in '07 either. . remember we're 3 points in overtime away from being 3-0.

We were also 3 points from beating the Saints, Falcons, Colts and Vikings within the past 2 years. They are still losses.
I see where you're coming from and I'm definitely CAUTIOUSLY optimistic this time around. That said, Alex IS playing better and the coaching is better as well. Obviously time will tell but I do think we're better off than in 2007. And like you said...who knows what could have happened had Alex not been injured. I completely disagree that he'd be less effective than Dilfer. I think Alex would have done just fine (19 TD, 13 INT, etc). Probably would have ended 8-8 or similar.

But who knows for sure. All we can do is look forward to THIS year and hope the team really has turned a corner.
I have never seen the 2011 San Francisco 49ers play an entire season. For those of you that have, don't ruin it for me.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
I have never seen the 2011 San Francisco 49ers play an entire season. For those of you that have, don't ruin it for me.

they're pretty SUPER
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
But who knows for sure. All we can do is look forward to THIS year and hope the team really has turned a corner.

This

And that

• rserda
  • Veteran

They win the game in the final minutes.
Originally posted by rserda:

They win the game in the final minutes.

by "the game" I assume you mean "the Super Bowl" and not "the only other game they win all year."

lol
Originally posted by MILFS:
If Harbaugh can magically fix up this o-line to play decent, we have a serious chance at winning the NFC West. If not, I don't see how Alex will last an entire season behind this line. knock on wood

agree
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by MILFS:
If Harbaugh can magically fix up this o-line to play decent, we have a serious chance at winning the NFC West. If not, I don't see how Alex will last an entire season behind this line. knock on wood

agree

Share 49ersWebzone