There are 140 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2007 -- We've seen this before

Lets go back to 2007.

The 49ers win their first two games vs. the Cardinals (MNF) and @ the Rams.

We finish those games with a COMBINED 380 yards for a 2 game average of 190 yards/game. Alex Smith throws for a paltry 252 yards (with 0 TDs 0 INTs) COMBINED in both games for a 126 yards/game average. TERRIBLE. Worst offense in football, by far.

Everyone on the WZ rejoices at how awesome of a year it's going to be and how great a job Alex is doing.

Unfortunately, the seeds were being planted for a giant beatdown for the rest of the year.

I can't predict how bad/good we would have been if Rocky Bernard didn't destroy Alex Smith, but clearly our offense was a giant s**tshow that entire year and nobody can make an argument that Alex was going to do any better than Dilfer (and he sure as hell wasn't going to do better than Shaun Hill).

The point I'm making is this: this is fools gold. Our 2-1 record is not allowing us to see how terrible we actually are on offense right now. I can only hope that the coaches can see this.

If not, get ready for another losing season.
didn't read, lol
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
didn't read, lol

Too bad, it's some good s**t!
Well I called 5-11 so don't yell at me about it.
Harbaugh is not Nolin

/ thread
yep. but no one wants to hear this cause you're a HATERZOMGWTF!!
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Harbaugh is not Nolin

/ thread

At that time I bet you were on Nolan's jock as well.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
didn't read, lol

Too bad, it's some good s**t!

will reconsider, lol
Different coaches, different circumstances.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
didn't read, lol

read first sentences lol
the difference is that 2011 squad has more talent than 2007 and we have a coach that knows offense.
Worst thread ever!
  • MILFS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,629
If Harbaugh can magically fix up this o-line to play decent, we have a serious chance at winning the NFC West. If not, I don't see how Alex will last an entire season behind this line. knock on wood
Originally posted by gold49digger:
the difference is that 2011 squad has more talent than 2007 and we have a coach that knows offense.

I can agree that we have more talent on the outside, but I'm not so sure about the o-line.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Lets go back to 2007.

The 49ers win their first two games vs. the Cardinals (MNF) and @ the Rams.

We finish those games with a COMBINED 380 yards for a 2 game average of 190 yards/game. Alex Smith throws for a paltry 252 yards (with 0 TDs 0 INTs) COMBINED in both games for a 126 yards/game average. TERRIBLE. Worst offense in football, by far.

Everyone on the WZ rejoices at how awesome of a year it's going to be and how great a job Alex is doing.

Unfortunately, the seeds were being planted for a giant beatdown for the rest of the year.

I can't predict how bad/good we would have been if Rocky Bernard didn't destroy Alex Smith, but clearly our offense was a giant s**tshow that entire year and nobody can make an argument that Alex was going to do any better than Dilfer (and he sure as hell wasn't going to do better than Shaun Hill).

The point I'm making is this: this is fools gold. Our 2-1 record is not allowing us to see how terrible we actually are on offense right now. I can only hope that the coaches can see this.

If not, get ready for another losing season.

BIGGGGGGGGGGG difference between Hostloser and Harbaugh/Roman, BIGGGGGGGGGG!!!

If we have a losing season, it won't be because our OC is inept.

BIGGGGGGGGG diffference, big.

But I see where you're coming from. Didn't agree...
[ Edited by ninertico on Sep 29, 2011 at 11:20 PM ]