LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 189 users in the forums

Adjustments to make for week 4

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Pressure on Vick and plenty of it. He has fumbled 7 times already this year. PRESSURE! PRESSURE! PRESSURE!
i can already picture yelling multiple times when mccoy kills us with those damn screens that till this day we have trouble with.
Start seven offensive linemen
Staley-----Iupati------Kilgore------Goodwin----Snyder------Rachal-----A.Davis

That leaves us with Alex Smith (wearing large protective vest), Frank Gore and two wideouts.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Sep 29, 2011 at 9:15 AM ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Start seven offensive linemen
Staley-----Iupati------Kilgore------Goodwin----Snyder------Rachal-----A.Davis

That leaves us with Alex Smith (wearing large protective vest), Frank Gore and two wideouts.

and we would STILL give up 5 sacks ..JK ...We are going to BUST SOME HEADS on Sunday
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
1) Bench Chilo (I counted 5 penalties on him alone in week 3)
2) Take deep shots downfield to VD/Ginn/KyWilliams
3) Blitz more
4) Use RB Hunter more and more

I agree with all of those but would add, "special focus on pass protection and run blocking".
We're not very good on third downs. I figure the best way to get past that is to score every time we have a first down. Why has no one thought about this yet?!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Great game plan points!

To add: The game plan for the Eagles defense against our offense will be the same as every team before them. Stack the box, up to 10 players and run blitz between the tackles...blitzing well is one of the Eagles strengths. It will be up to Harbaugh/Roman to take full advantage of this with RB/WR screens, crossing/slant & post patterns, deep stop-go patterns by Ginn/Williams, using VD/Walker behind the 5 yard box (void left from the attacking LBers), Hunter runs off-tackle, toss-outs, sweeps, etc.

We need to keep the defense OUT of the 5 yard box, from blitzing, playing down hill and generally, dictating our offense. Scheme alone can take advantage of this. Then WE can dictate for a damn change!

On defense, THIS is the time to insert Aldon Smith more for Haralson and keep Haralson fresh. This is the game we need to start Spencer and having both he and Rogers play physical and tight up at the LOS and run CB blitzes off this formation. This is the game Brooks, Smith & Haralson need to switch sides, show movement pre-snap and attack holes and weaknesses along the o-line w/o losing containment. Confusion is the key for Vick! We'll need to drop back AND blitz both Willis/Bowman/Safety. The attacks should mainly come from the outside edges with a push up the gut to contain Vick and frustrate him. No doubt he will make poor decisions and turn the ball over.

Let's get a big ST play and win the TO and TOP battle. Go Niners...coaching/scheme is THE key to winning this one.

Right! See, the bolded above is why the article I posted elsewhere stated why it would be a good idea for speedy runs to the outside. If the Eagles LBs are keying and blitzing inside to fill the gaps left by the spread DL? Then they will break ankles trying to reverse course and get to the outside to meet the RB.

I like your ideas as well... just not sure about the Haralson/Aldon Smith one. Fangio needs to determine which OLB now has the better discipline in watching for screens and maintaining his assignment. In years past, that would NOT be Haralson... but between Haralson this year and our rookie Smith? Hmmm... not sure.
I'd also really like to see Hunter and Gore in the backfield at the same time. Who's gettin' the ball? Where they going? Good luck with that formation Eagles.
Originally posted by Genius1310:
I'd also really like to see Hunter and Gore in the backfield at the same time. Who's gettin' the ball? Where they going? Good luck with that formation Eagles.

From what I have read, Gore was very gimpy yesterday and basically was an observer rather than participant. So I would give him the week off to recover fully.

... but that's just me.
On offense we need to run the ball effectively, exploit our TEs against their LBs and on D. we better bring the house AND play zone AND play base and play everything cause they have one hell of a team...go niners!!

1. No Risks on Offense: I know, I know, it's boring but PHI defense is going to bring it and the last thing we want to do is lose due to our own mistakes.
2. Take advantage of PHI offense mistakes: Vick has been throwing at a low 59% for the year at only a 7.3 yard average. He has also thrown 2 INTs for 4 TD's.
3. STOP McCOY!!: This is the PHI offense. 6.1 per carry at 115 yards per game. nuff said.
Originally posted by rlott42:
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
patrick willis qb spy

Bowman would be a better spy as he seems a bit quicker.

2 MLB SPY
Originally posted by rlott42:
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
patrick willis qb spy

Bowman would be a better spy as he seems a bit quicker.

One or the other should spy all game.
Originally posted by Joecool:
1. No Risks on Offense: I know, I know, it's boring but PHI defense is going to bring it and the last thing we want to do is lose due to our own mistakes.
2. Take advantage of PHI offense mistakes: Vick has been throwing at a low 59% for the year at only a 7.3 yard average. He has also thrown 2 INTs for 4 TD's.
3. STOP McCOY!!: This is the PHI offense. 6.1 per carry at 115 yards per game. nuff said.

To add, Vick has already fumbled 6 times.
keep vick off the field as much as possible

open up the playbook a bit

let ahmad brooks smack vick around in the backfield
Share 49ersWebzone