LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

My friend from Philly just said...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Antix
  • Veteran
C'mon guys.

Think about it..we are habitual QB hero anointers. Anytime a struggling "elite" QB plays against us our defense is getting burned on all the highlight shows for the next week. It happens pretty much everytime. AND we're on the road against a team we never beat anyway. I want us to make a statement as much as anybody but this game is a bad bet. It's too early in the season, our oline sucks and our D will have to be close to perfect.

I hope I'm wrong but this team, so far, hasn't shown how to close out close games against above average teams (see: Cowboys game).
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
This week on NFL network, instead of tony romo gutting it out and beating us, it will be mike Vick stands in and takes the hits, runs from the 49ers dogs and delivers the win.

I am not claiming anything in terms of win by saying this, or saying Romo is anywhere near as talented but one thing I can say for certain..when it comes to guts and playing through pain...Vick is not in Romo's league. Vick will stay down if we put him down. It has happened more than once in the last two years.
That is just your normal Coach (PC) pre-game talk.

He actually thinks we suck and Alex wont threaten with the deep ball because we are still in training wheels and our O-Line looks like Swiss cheese.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
This week on NFL network, instead of tony romo gutting it out and beating us, it will be mike Vick stands in and takes the hits, runs from the 49ers dogs and delivers the win.

I am not claiming anything in terms of win by saying this, or saying Romo is anywhere near as talented but one thing I can say for certain..when it comes to guts and playing through pain...Vick is not in Romo's league. Vick will stay down if we put him down. It has happened more than once in the last two years.
I have noticed, he seems to be a little bit soft.
Originally posted by jreff22:
I am Alex, prince of the 49ers and defender of the secrets of Jim Harbaugh.

Fabulous secret powers were revealed to me the day I held aloft my magic helmet and said, "by the power of Walsh...I HAVE THE POWER!!!!"

EPIC!
  • Kense
  • Veteran
As much as I would like a win I'm not getting my hopes up. We literally have no offense and our db play sucks. How will deshon jackson and vick be stopped? This is the first really good team we are playing and its away, id rather be realistic here this is not the bengals.
Well duh.

I don't need Andy Reid to tell me what anyone who actually watches the games already knows.
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
Originally posted by jreff22:
I am Tolzien, prince of the 49ers and defender of the secrets of Jim Harbaugh.

Fabulous secret powers were revealed to me the day I held aloft my magic helmet and said, "by the power of Walsh...I HAVE THE POWER!!!!"

EPIC!
fixed
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Well duh.

I don't need Andy Reid to tell me what anyone who actually watches the games already knows.

This!
Originally posted by verb1der:
He heard Andy Reid on radio on his thoughts on the 49ers...and he told me Reid was saying this 49ers team is completely different from prior years. Their play calling is far more strategic, on offense as well as defense, they exploit match ups across the field, and they have shown new wrinkles in all 3 of their games this season, and can you believe this....he said ALEX SMITH is doing a great job being in control of the offense!!!! wow....

flying under the radar baby!

Oh come on now...coaches always compliment the s**t out of the team they're about to play. Even if it's '08 and you're about to play Detroit. He would've said the same things if it was Jimmy Raye and '05 Alex.

Originally posted by andes14:
Originally posted by verb1der:
He heard Andy Reid on radio on his thoughts on the 49ers...and he told me Reid was saying this 49ers team is completely different from prior years. Their play calling is far more strategic, on offense as well as defense, they exploit match ups across the field, and they have shown new wrinkles in all 3 of their games this season, and can you believe this....he said ALEX SMITH is doing a great job being in control of the offense!!!! wow....

flying under the radar baby!

Oh come on now...coaches always compliment the s**t out of the team they're about to play. Even if it's '08 and you're about to play Detroit. He would've said the same things if it was Jimmy Raye and '05 Alex.

That is true. But the difference with this particular "coach speak" compared to the coach speak of Erickson/Nolan/Sing teams, is that this years team is proving it. In just about every aspect.

I think the execution continues on Sunday, and everyone picking the Eagles including hella heads in here, will be surprised.
Ever hear of coach speak. It's like Saban talking about some cupcake game saying these guys
from "Marshmallow College" are the real deal. I don't know how we going to beat them.

Alabama 76

Marshmallow 0
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
OMG, someone says something positive and it's scripture. Forget the fact that they don't want to give us any bulletin board s**t. It's positive so they are speaking the truth.

Ditto! You really think Reid is going to say something negative? If the 49ers were 0-3, he'd probably say the same thing. Deep down, he's probably laughing his ass off because he knows they can exploit the niner defense.

Hope thats not the case.
Have you guys even watched a Philadelphia game yet? They are no dream team, they got beat by a mediocre Giants team missing key players in the secondary and gave up big passing plays due to Namdi not playing well. They are by no means invincible, if we can get pressure with four guys rushing, we should be able to slow them down enough to win just like we have been doing to other teams. Once you rattle Vick, he becomes a liability to them, those speedy receivers are useless if he cannot get them the ball. The prescription for beating the Eagles, hit Vick, early and often.
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by Joecool:
OMG, someone says something positive and it's scripture. Forget the fact that they don't want to give us any bulletin board s**t. It's positive so they are speaking the truth.

Ditto! You really think Reid is going to say something negative? If the 49ers were 0-3, he'd probably say the same thing. Deep down, he's probably laughing his ass off because he knows they can exploit the niner defense.

Hope thats not the case.
I don't think any coach is laughing at having to play our defense. They're pretty good.
Share 49ersWebzone