There are 160 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers are ranked DEAD LAST in total offense

Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Do you think the players are like "We WILL put up 400 yds of total offense" mindset before the game, or are they like "Just execute the plays that are called" mindset? I think that has a lot to do with our lack of yards and points. Teams like the Patriots walk onto the field and know they will score atleast 30 points a game. We need that mindset

The Patriots know they will give up 30 points a game too. The Patriots are ranked dead last in defense. We don't need that mindset.
Originally posted by dbdublin:
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Do you think the players are like "We WILL put up 400 yds of total offense" mindset before the game, or are they like "Just execute the plays that are called" mindset? I think that has a lot to do with our lack of yards and points. Teams like the Patriots walk onto the field and know they will score atleast 30 points a game. We need that mindset

The Patriots know they will give up 30 points a game too. The Patriots are ranked dead last in defense. We don't need that mindset.


Great thought...wish I had thought to post that about 4 posts ago
Not scoring touchdowns, lol.

Originally posted by sf49ersx11:
Not scoring touchdowns, lol.


Morgan has six fingers on his right hand?
Omg pats have the worst D in the nfl! Loser team!
the way i see it is we have improved a little each game on offense. we play 5 division games in the last half of the season and im not impressed with any of those teams. hopefully the offense will have imrpoved by then and we can move up in the rankings.
f**k yea! No where to go but UP biotechs!
  • RKab
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,399
Originally posted by dbdublin:
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Do you think the players are like "We WILL put up 400 yds of total offense" mindset before the game, or are they like "Just execute the plays that are called" mindset? I think that has a lot to do with our lack of yards and points. Teams like the Patriots walk onto the field and know they will score atleast 30 points a game. We need that mindset

The Patriots know they will give up 30 points a game too. The Patriots are ranked dead last in defense. We don't need that mindset.

Well the Patriot games are a hell of alot more entertaining and they get a national audience. There was a time I thought that didn't matter per se, but look back at what happened last week - where the 49ers basically lost a Crabtree TD because FOX sent their F-list TV production people to the game and they never showed a replay of him not stepping out of bounds.

I remember we all used to be pissed off if the 49ers didn't win by 3 touchdowns. Now we are begging to eek out a win here and there. Its just embarrassing.

You want to build a stadium? Harbaugh you want to see your team on Sportscenter? Score some f'n points.
[ Edited by RKab on Sep 29, 2011 at 9:17 AM ]
but they are number 1 in my heart
  • RKab
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,399
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by obx49:
Originally posted by THEB:
Originally posted by ace130:
I guess, but how is it that other teams with new coaching staff and new systems doing pretty good?

What? The only other team with a new system is the RAMS....yeah theyre doing real good.

If having a new OC counts, I believe the Panthers, the Browns, the Chiefs, and the Titans. I might have missed a couple more.


Seahawks, Vikings

Jay Gruden with the Bengals, new OC and rookie QB. Same in Carolina.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
water is wet.

So what else is new.

LOL Preach!!!
Originally posted by RKab:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by obx49:
Originally posted by THEB:
Originally posted by ace130:
I guess, but how is it that other teams with new coaching staff and new systems doing pretty good?

What? The only other team with a new system is the RAMS....yeah theyre doing real good.

If having a new OC counts, I believe the Panthers, the Browns, the Chiefs, and the Titans. I might have missed a couple more.


Seahawks, Vikings

Jay Gruden with the Bengals, new OC and rookie QB. Same in Carolina.
Still only proves the main point to be incorrect, everyone of the teams mentioned above are pretty bad.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Sep 29, 2011 at 10:06 AM ]
  • BobS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,368
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
IDK how many times we have to say this before 49er fans realize it


Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
This and the reasons we are last IN YARDAGE have been discussed in other threads. If anyone pays attention to Harbaugh and Romans pressers, they would not be shocked by this occurrence. The main reason for this is conservative game planning because the offense is only a month or two old. The line is struggling with the zone blocking scheme, as is Gore. Finally we are 2-1 and have been in every game, it is going to be ugly, but ugly wins are still wins. I suspect as the year progresses we will see more of the playbook.
IDK how many times we have to say this before 49er fans realize it

You can say it till you are blue in the face, and some of us realize all of it is just excuses. Until we have a legitimate QB, we will have a pathetic offense. Alex Smith is not a legitimate NFL quarterback.
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
IDK how many times we have to say this before 49er fans realize it


Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
This and the reasons we are last IN YARDAGE have been discussed in other threads. If anyone pays attention to Harbaugh and Romans pressers, they would not be shocked by this occurrence. The main reason for this is conservative game planning because the offense is only a month or two old. The line is struggling with the zone blocking scheme, as is Gore. Finally we are 2-1 and have been in every game, it is going to be ugly, but ugly wins are still wins. I suspect as the year progresses we will see more of the playbook.
IDK how many times we have to say this before 49er fans realize it

You can say it till you are blue in the face, and some of us realize all of it is just excuses. Until we have a legitimate QB, we will have a pathetic offense. Alex Smith is not a legitimate NFL quarterback.

And yet he has been the best player on our offense this year...
Originally posted by 5280High:
And yet he has been the best player on our offense this year...

Thats ranked last..............