LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 346 users in the forums

!!!!!! VIDEO OF ALL NEW ORLEANS OFFENSIVE AND DEFENSIVE DRIVES UP !!!!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Also Gore does look slower then before.

The official word is that he was slow because of an ankle injury, but he's looked slow all three games. Hopefully going against the 30th ranked rush defense will help him out a bit.
can you record them in slow motion? also from a better angle so that we can see the receivers running their routes? k,thnx, bye.
Originally posted by blm7754:
Good video. Thanks.

The OL really needs to get its act together. If you take away all of the false starts and holding penalties it would have been a VERY different game. Those negative plays have a huge effect on this offense. It means we have to run more 15+ yard passing plays to pick up first downs, which requires the OL to give Smith more time to throw. Since our OL can't do that, we take sacks (more negative plays). Basically the OL makes it's own job harder by committing the false starts, because it puts us in obvious passing situations (giving the defensive pass rush an advantage).

Cleanup the false starts and other penalties and you have an instant improvement accross the entire OL.

I agree...kept shooting ourselves in the foot which has been a perpetual issue for this team (just dumb - culture of losing). If Harbaugh noted that his WR's seemed bored under Raye, he may want to ask them how they feel now; lots of dropped passes like we have had to date is a sure sign of concentration issues (not expecting to be involved). On the screen pass called, Gore wasn't even looking for the ball. Defenses continue to just play up at the LOS and attack. VD made them pay mostly and it was the difference but it's clear we are terrified to stretch the field with Ginn or any WR's this juncture...use crossing or post patterns. To me, part of all of the penalties comes down to a defense that is free is tee off on the o-line, RB and QB. CB's are allowed to play very tight and make plays on the ball. If you were a DC, you'd use this same defensive game plan against us too. It's easy...play tight up at the LOS with your CB's, drop down your safeties into the box and create 8 to 10 men in the box, run blitz between the tackles...cause lots of false starts, holding penalties, tons of QB hits, pressures/hurries, play in the backfield and stop the run, generate TO's, etc. Easy. The coaches need to do a better job of taking advantage of very predictable DC game plans against us.

PS: Expect MANY more injuries along the o-line if the scheme is not changed!
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 27, 2011 at 3:07 PM ]
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
can you record them in slow motion? also from a better angle so that we can see the receivers running their routes? k,thnx, bye.

I have an Alex Smith shower cam I can throw up.

key words, throw up.
smith looked better than I thought. if you add that dropped pass by VD and the TD to Crabs, he has an extra 40 yards on his total, plus the TD.
smith looked better than I thought. if you add that dropped pass by VD and the TD to Crabs, he has an extra 40 yards on his total, plus the TD.

plus that slant that crabs dropped where he had running room. FUUUUUUUUUUUUU he could have been close to if not at 300 yards
[ Edited by valrod33 on Sep 27, 2011 at 3:03 PM ]
Originally posted by Whomeam:
Well i'll tell you guys what. I'm editing the second half right now but i'm about to head home so it's going to have to wait till I get there and settle in. I'll do the offensive videos today and i'll do the defensive videos tomorrow. Since i'm including the special teams with the offense/defense videos, it'll be the whole game but broken up into four parts. My only worry is that my account will get banned for doing this, and I think if I do a straight forward "full game without commercials" post, it'll get noticed quicker. So i'll do it the way I described. Hopefully that works for everybody.

You are becoming an instant NT legend! And great plan...
first drive killed by a sack, next series killed by a staley false start on 3rd and 5, Davis drops a pass that would have been a first down on the next drive, fourth time out begins with a run that nets negative 3 yards, followed by a penalty, we overcome the self-inflicted wounds and manage a first down but then anthony davis false starts on 3rd down killing another drive.

Too many negative plays, too many unforced errors (four false starts). If we could stop shooting ourselves in the foot maybe we'd actually be able to move the ball. An all-too familiar story with this team.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
first drive killed by a sack, next series killed by a staley false start on 3rd and 5, Davis drops a pass that would have been a first down on the next drive, fourth time out begins with a run that nets negative 3 yards, followed by a penalty, we overcome the self-inflicted wounds and manage a first down but then anthony davis false starts on 3rd down killing another drive.

Too many negative plays, too many unforced errors (four false starts). If we could stop shooting ourselves in the foot maybe we'd actually be able to move the ball. An all-too familiar story with this team.

As is the case with bad football teams.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:

As is the case with bad football teams.

depressingly true.

Can we atleast try changing the O-Line around? Snyder for Chilo? Swapping the tackles? Anything is better than the current weekly abomination we are currently witnessing.

Originally posted by valrod33:

plus that slant that crabs dropped where he had running room. FUUUUUUUUUUUUU he could have been close to if not at 300 yards

Yeah, but you could play that game with almost any QB. Although Smith is doing a good job giving the receivers a chance to make the play. It's a team effort though. Can't wait for Edwards to get back on the field. Crabs, VD, and Edwards will really make the offense tick.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Awesome job. Keep it up.

MOARRRRRRRRR
Guys, check this out! This is how many defenders play up @ the LOS and within the 5 yard box against our offense and the results. See any trends?

Number of Defenders up at the LOS @ the snap / next level w/in 5 yards = Results
5/3 = 11 yard gain (yg)
6/2 = sack (holding)
4/3 = 3 yg
6/0 = Incomplete (screen)
4/4 = 5 yg
4/3 = 5 yg
4/5 = 20 yg
5/2 = 3 yg
5/3 = 3 yg
5/3 = False Start (FS)
5/0 = Incomplete
4/3 = Incomplete (12 yard drop)
4/4 = FS
4/3 = 4 yg
7/0 = Incomplete
5/3 = -4 y
4/4 = 4 yg but (holding)
4/3 = 12 yg
7/0 = 5 yg
5/3 = 2 yg
7/0 = Incomplete
8/0 = FS
4/0 = Sack
5/2 = 5 yg
5/2 = 2 (safety blitz)
7/1 = 3 yg
5/3 = FS
6/1 = Incomplete
4/2 = 6 yg
4/0 = 8 yg
8/0 = 8 yg
5/2 = Incomplete
4/3 = -1

There was only 1 time there wasn't at least 5 men in the box and most attacking. They were not only crowding everyone within the 5 yard box playing down hill but they were also bringing heat on blitzes from the CB's and Safety positions. Our TE, C & RG all had to leave the game with temporary injuries/poor play. How many FS's and holding calls? Dropped passes? No room to run? Guys, this is a direct result of an offense that is getting dictated by the defense. The results were zero points in the first half.
Awesome, thanks for the vid. I don't get to see many of the games since I live in Montana, so it is awesome to get to see them now. Can't wait for the second half.
Thx Bud
Share 49ersWebzone