There are 194 users in the forums

NaVorro Bowman appreciation thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by valrod33:
espn_nfcwest Mike Sando, ESPN.com
Good talk with @WilliamsonNFL today. He loves what he sees from 49ers' NaVorro Bowman. Calls Bowman improbable upgrade from Takeo Spikes.

Improbable... wtf?

Spikes year last year was highly overated an a statistical abnormality. Like him as a player but come on media, just cause a guy is fun to talk to on camera doesnt make him a baller. Watch the tape of Spikes and you'll see 2 "gimme" interceptions along with allot of other "gimmes" that fell into his lap. The one area for concern was taking on blockers but Bowman is better than too.

It's amazing how good LB's can look playing next to Willis. Spikes showed it last year with his limited athleticism, and Bowman is taking candy from babies this year with the opportunity and his athleticism.

agree to disagree
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Good talk with @WilliamsonNFL today. He loves what he sees from 49ers' NaVorro Bowman. Calls Bowman improbable upgrade from Takeo Spikes.

Improbable... wtf?

Spikes year last year was highly overated an a statistical abnormality. Like him as a player but come on media, just cause a guy is fun to talk to on camera doesnt make him a baller. Watch the tape of Spikes and you'll see 2 "gimme" interceptions along with allot of other "gimmes" that fell into his lap. The one area for concern was taking on blockers but Bowman is better than too.

It's amazing how good LB's can look playing next to Willis. Spikes showed it last year with his limited athleticism, and Bowman is taking candy from babies this year with the opportunity and his athleticism.

agree to disagree

I agree with your agree to disagree.
Originally posted by Amir:

Improbable... wtf?

agree to disagree

I disagree with your agreeing to disagree but wont disagree to agree on the fact of Bowman being a great player.

Improbable... wtf?

agree to disagree

I disagree with your agreeing to disagree but wont disagree to agree on the fact of Bowman being a great player.

Improbable... wtf?

agree to disagree

So after 3 games, Willis is on the decline and Bowman is our best ILB? Let's see after 16 games.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
So after 3 games, Willis is on the decline and Bowman is our best ILB? Let's see after 16 games.

It'll be the same. Bowman is THAT much better than Willis.
I love Bowman...that's why didn't mind seeing Spikes go elswhere. It was time.
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:

The last several pages of this thread are basically performance art satire . . . which I enjoyed BTW . . .
ok, the only reason spikes had a very good year last season was because of willis. same with bowman this year. willis gets doubled and bowman/spikes is free to run around and make tackels/make plays.

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
ok, the only reason spikes had a very good year last season was because of willis. same with bowman this year. willis gets doubled and bowman/spikes is free to run around and make tackels/make plays.

Willis has a great deal to do with Bowman's success. Having said that, Bowman is taking advantage of the open field.

BTW, how IS Spikes doing this year?
It'll be the same. Bowman is THAT much better than Willis.

Bowman is indeed having a great start to the year and looks like the real deal. However, to claim he's "that much better" than Willis, who is admitedly having a slow start (compared to himself), and that Willis is on the decline, is premature at best, and ridiculous at worst, especially after only 3 games. Let's see how this season plays out, and maybe even next season, before making such judgements. Like so many, I have a hard time telling the difference between the two unless I can see their numbers.
And those who criticize Willis' "little hands", they may be comparatively small, but he rarely loses his grip or misseds a tackle, They're THAT strong. At this stage, I think you can still safely say that Willis is a more sure tackler; if he gets a grab of you, you're going down. Bowman still sometimes misses a tackle or loses his grip. BOTH are outstanding and IMHO the best tandem in the league.
hows takeo doing?
Willis is not on the decline. They just have him doing diffrent things this year. He is in coverage a lot more. I wouldn't expect him to have as many tackles. With that said, Bowman has 30 and Willis has 22. Not a huge diffrence. Considering that there are about 10 MLBs that have about the same amount of tackles 30-23, you can't say that's the thing that makes Willis great. What makes Willis great are the plays like running down a WR who has a 20yard head start on you. When Bowman does that, then maybe I'll let one of you get on your knees and slob his nob. Until then, it's just a tackle.
Theres GOT to be sarcasm going on in this thread. I cant wait until Willis has a pick 6, 2 sack performance or better. But still, whoever makes such statemnts that Willis is on the decline must not have too good of the whole aspect of whats going on on the field, or good vision for that matter-
Share 49ersWebzone