LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 196 users in the forums

NaVorro Bowman appreciation thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by goodthings19:
Name a 3-4 ILB tandem more dominant than Willis & Bowman......it doesn't exist.

Nope. Just another reason for teams to bomb it up over Madieu and Goldston.
More of Bowman doing stuff for this Isaiah Gardner fellow:

Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
They've been doing that since his rookie year, you think he adjust by now, does he need more beef for his diet?

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/multimedia/videos/Film-Room-Stopping-Vernon-Davis/67ba7194-9b43-4148-9f7b-476db2bb69e3#?id=da777bd6-254f-403b-99f6-4087f0b9c600

go to front 7 anyalsis they talk about both bowman and willis specifically willis coverage skills
That is a thing of beauty!!! Bowman is becoming more and more impressive the more footage I get to see. He really does play a lot like Willis. This LB core is scary. Brooks, Willis, Bowman, and hopefully an up and coming Aldon Smith. Throw in Ray Mac, and some guy named Justin Smith, and it's really hard to argue that our front 7 is not one of the best in the league. Our secondary isn't looking all that bad either.

Our front seven has quietly emerged as something quite awesome.

I don't know who deserves the credit for putting together this defense. We moved Soap, didn't overpay Franklin, started McDonald, didn't overpay Lawson, started Brooks, waived Spikes, started Bowman, then we drafted Aldon Smith to top it all off. We wanted a defense that was FAST, and could get after the passer at every position.
Baalke must have had some big input into the players that we should be keeping and the players we should be letting go. I think he deserves a lot of credit for our front seven transformation. A front seven that was good last year, but is becoming elite this year.
I think we easily have a Lewis/Suggs type of combo for the next decade in these Willis & Bowmann (although Suggs is an OLB; Bowmann practically plays like one at the ILB position).
Originally posted by beefn:
I told my little bro last year this dude would turn out to be the best pick in that draft for us.................it my just happen, he's lookin real good so far

I'd call it a horse race between he and Mays at this point.
AlbertBreer: I agree with this. His name kept coming up. RT @Jeff_McLane Watching replay of game, 49ers LB Navorro Bowman was awesome.
Faster the Patrick Willis and it showed on that play where Vick tried to scramble. Vick burned Willis on that play earlier in the game but not Bowman
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I think we easily have a Lewis/Suggs type of combo for the next decade in these Willis & Bowmann (although Suggs is an OLB; Bowmann practically plays like one at the ILB position).

Smith/Willis or Smith/Bowman would fit that combo. Bowman or Willis can't rush the passer like Suggs.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
They've been doing that since his rookie year, you think he adjust by now, does he need more beef for his diet?

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/multimedia/videos/Film-Room-Stopping-Vernon-Davis/67ba7194-9b43-4148-9f7b-476db2bb69e3#?id=da777bd6-254f-403b-99f6-4087f0b9c600

go to front 7 anyalsis they talk about both bowman and willis specifically willis coverage skills
That is a thing of beauty!!! Bowman is becoming more and more impressive the more footage I get to see. He really does play a lot like Willis. This LB core is scary. Brooks, Willis, Bowman, and hopefully an up and coming Aldon Smith. Throw in Ray Mac, and some guy named Justin Smith, and it's really hard to argue that our front 7 is not one of the best in the league. Our secondary isn't looking all that bad either.

Our front seven has quietly emerged as something quite awesome.

I don't know who deserves the credit for putting together this defense. We moved Soap, didn't overpay Franklin, started McDonald, didn't overpay Lawson, started Brooks, waived Spikes, started Bowman, then we drafted Aldon Smith to top it all off. We wanted a defense that was FAST, and could get after the passer at every position.
Baalke must have had some big input into the players that we should be keeping and the players we should be letting go. I think he deserves a lot of credit for our front seven transformation. A front seven that was good last year, but is becoming elite this year.

I think in the off-season we target a top flight safety or corner in FA and then draft the other. We need better coverage guys
Originally posted by zillabeast:
More of Bowman doing stuff for this Isaiah Gardner fellow:

Now that Bowman is a star I feel compelled to bump his naughty photo shoot

lol
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Faster the Patrick Willis and it showed on that play where Vick tried to scramble. Vick burned Willis on that play earlier in the game but not Bowman

Not at all. Bowman just took a better angle than Willis did.
Anyone OUTRAGED his speed on Madden is only an 83?
Best ilb combo since spikes and fletcher
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
lol

#53 gotta eat. Ain't getting any help from Jed yet.
Share 49ersWebzone