LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

Team Stats...Early Still...But...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
We have been in three game down to the buzzer. We have won two of those games, and could have won the third. So however it happens we are 2-1. I will take that over 1000 yards passing and 2 losses.

At some point we will need 1k passing in 3 games from Alex.
Originally posted by TTown9ers:
Our points per game includes 2 special teams touchdowns....

yes and we didn't even need them either
You know how we all say we will win 2 more games this year on coaching alone? Count the CIN game as one of those wins.
Originally posted by 9ers4u:

I think he was saying our PPG would be lower without ginn. like 20.3 or something.
We could easily have been 0-3 at this point as well, we are fortunate to be 2-1 (could also be 3-0). I'm hoping these wins can help build some momentum, but we will only go as far as our Offensive Line is willing to take us. Idk who the nut job is above trying to compare us to the Patriots. Your obviously a younger generation fan and you don't know much about football. I would much rather have an explosive offense like the Pats that can score against anyone rather than our offense that barely scored against the Seahawks and Bengals. Pats also have a much more difficult schedule than us.
Originally posted by Joecool:
You know how we all say we will win 2 more games this year on coaching alone? Count the CIN game as one of those wins.

Nice to have some time-outs at the end of the second half finally. Harbaugh is worlds better than the last few coaches.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

I think he was saying our PPG would be lower without ginn. like 20.3 or something.

Yeah but they do count however we get them. They're not accidents or something.
Originally posted by 49ersdynasty11:
We could easily have been 0-3 at this point as well, we are fortunate to be 2-1 (could also be 3-0). I'm hoping these wins can help build some momentum, but we will only go as far as our Offensive Line is willing to take us. Idk who the nut job is above trying to compare us to the Patriots. Your obviously a younger generation fan and you don't know much about football. I would much rather have an explosive offense like the Pats that can score against anyone rather than our offense that barely scored against the Seahawks and Bengals. Pats also have a much more difficult schedule than us.

In terms of philosophy to the early Brady years, the Pats played to allow the opponent to make the mistake while the Pats just tried to manage a mistake free game which was why a lot of there early success had a lot to do with Vinieteri.

Yeah, but they also weren't scored by the offense. I don't care either way, just saying that judging our offense based on the current PPG is a bit misleading considering you'd have to take off 4.6 ppg off the average if you're talking about the offenses performance
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by 49ersdynasty11:

In terms of philosophy to the early Brady years, the Pats played to allow the opponent to make the mistake while the Pats just tried to manage a mistake free game which was why a lot of there early success had a lot to do with Vinieteri.

It's also similar to the Ravens when they had Kyle Boller, except he was awful. I remember watching the Ravens having such a dominant defense for several years in the early 2000s but there offense just could not get the job done. I compare those Ravens teams to this team now. I think we really have a shutdown defense. Our DBs are weak at times but I think as a unit they are very good. The offense is killing us though. Atleast the Patriots in the early Brady years had great offensive lines (as did the Ravens)

I agree...San Diego has 1217 yards of offense compared to our lowly 641. Yet we score 23.3 points per game and SD is 21.7

Yards are pretty but if you can't score then who cares really.

And if you look at points only, We are 14th in offense and 4th in defense. That's really not bad considering the offense hasn't been putting up big yardage.

Pretty much the entirety of the Webzone. There was a guy here, can't remember his name, who literally said he'd rather take better passing stats over a 'W'.

Normally something like that would blow my mind, but then I remembered where we are.
[ Edited by baltien on Sep 26, 2011 at 3:26 PM ]

Yeah, but they also weren't scored by the offense. I don't care either way, just saying that judging our offense based on the current PPG is a bit misleading considering you'd have to take off 4.6 ppg off the average if you're talking about the offenses performance

I see your point...but personally I consider special teams offense as its an offensive play to try and score. Same as points go against the defense if another team runs a punt back on our special teams.
Originally posted by baltien:
I agree...San Diego has 1217 yards of offense compared to our lowly 641. Yet we score 23.3 points per game and SD is 21.7

Yards are pretty but if you can't score then who cares really.

And if you look at points only, We are 14th in offense and 4th in defense. That's really not bad considering the offense hasn't been putting up big yardage.

Pretty much the entirety of the Webzone. There was a guy here, can't remember his name, who literally said he'd rather take better passing stats over a 'W'.

Normally something like that would blow my mind, but then I remembered where we are.

Shaj said that.
Our points per game includes 2 special teams touchdowns....

ok but they still count just like int/fumb return for td count...god bless ted ginn
Just noticed looking at the standings we're 8th in the NFL in point differential at +18.
Share 49ersWebzone