LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Team Stats...Early Still...But...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Although it is still very early in the season, the overall team stats should encourage us.

-Fourth in points allowed
-One of only two teams to not have allowed a rushing touchdown
-Number 14 in points scored per game-not bad for a team that is 'struggling' on O
-Tied for first with a turnover differential of plus 6

There ARE reasons for optimism...
[ Edited by coq49ers on Sep 26, 2011 at 2:12 PM ]
edit: meh don't feel like arguing.
[ Edited by unst4bl3 on Sep 26, 2011 at 2:05 PM ]
And dead last in f**king offense
GO NINERS! Now lets get add another road win this weekend! That will definitely give us optimism! If they can keep McCoy from killing us on screens passes and check downs, I think they have a shot against a banged up eagles team not really firing on all cylinders at the moment. Its probably a slim chance but a chance none the less!!
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
edit: meh don't feel like arguing.

I saw what you said and you are wrong. Miracle Whip is way better than Mayo
if only this game were decided by defense alone.............
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
And dead last in f**king offense

would it be better to be 1st in offense and 0-3
The 49ers have three real tests this season: Giants, Ravens and Steelers.

All other games are with avg to below avg teams.
SF: OFF 32nd, DEF 7th...this is before mon night WAS vs DAL
NE: OFF 1st, DEF 32nd...same as above

SF record: 2-1
NE record: 2-1

It blows my mind how the NFL calculates total O and D based on yards and not points. Our offense is better than 32nd. Watch the Colts or Chiefs play and you'll see truly bad O.

• mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ers4u:
SF: OFF 32nd, DEF 7th...this is before mon night WAS vs DAL
NE: OFF 1st, DEF 32nd...same as above

SF record: 2-1
NE record: 2-1

We are the Anti-Patriots
Originally posted by NinerG94:
GO NINERS! Now lets get add another road win this weekend! That will definitely give us optimism! If they can keep McCoy from killing us on screens passes and check downs, I think they have a shot against a banged up eagles team not really firing on all cylinders at the moment. Its probably a slim chance but a chance none the less!!

This.
Also, they need to somehow keep the Eagles D-line from butt-raping Alex and whoever is the running back...
Originally posted by aman49:
It blows my mind how the NFL calculates total O and D based on yards and not points. Our offense is better than 32nd. Watch the Colts or Chiefs play and you'll see truly bad O.
I agree...San Diego has 1217 yards of offense compared to our lowly 641. Yet we score 23.3 points per game and SD is 21.7

Yards are pretty but if you can't score then who cares really.

And if you look at points only, We are 14th in offense and 4th in defense. That's really not bad considering the offense hasn't been putting up big yardage.
[ Edited by 9ers4u on Sep 26, 2011 at 3:00 PM ]
We have been in three game down to the buzzer. We have won two of those games, and could have won the third. So however it happens we are 2-1. I will take that over 1000 yards passing and 2 losses.
Our points per game includes 2 special teams touchdowns....
Share 49ersWebzone