There are 134 users in the forums

Week 3: Thoughts after re-watching game....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by lamontb:
They just don't have the talent. These guys are just bad regardless of where they were drafted. If they start drastically switching guys around it could actually get worse. I honestly thought the o line would be a strong point this season. They are by far the most disappointing part of the team.

agree with you on the o-line being the most disappointing part of the team. i thought with this being the 2 year with iupati and davis on the line we would be drastically improved but might have actually regressed
you re-watched that crap? poor thing
Originally posted by Marvin49:
1) I'm officially worried about Frank again. It wasn't just that he was sluggish...there were actually times that he looked almost disinterested. I NEVER thought that would have been the case. I'm not saying thats whats going on, but on a play where he was making a block and the guy breezed right by him for a sack, he just seemed disengaged. He may not be completely healthy, he may be having other troubles, but I'm starting the think we are at the beginning of the end for him.

That's what it looked like to me, which is very un-Gore like. The one that caught my eye was when he fumbled, and the ball was sitting right next to him, yet he made no attempt to even try to retrieve it. He had to of known that he lost the ball, but he didn't even turn his head while everyone else went after it. His play just seems very listless right now. The difference between when he was in the game and when Hunter was in was like night and day.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I really believe all we need on offense is a run game and that will open up this offense so much. Alex Smith, though playing well, can't do it all on his own. He's just not that type of QB at the moment. He alone is responsible for about 85% of the yardage. Get the run game going, take some pressure off Alex, and things will open up.

Originally posted by fly15:
I really believe all we need on offense is a run game and that will open up this offense so much. Alex Smith, though playing well, can't do it all on his own. He's just not that type of QB at the moment. He alone is responsible for about 85% of the yardage. Get the run game going, take some pressure off Alex, and things will open up.

I dont get it
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
I dont get it

its ok, I just agree with the post, thats it

I dont get it

He's just acting like... what's it called... some sort of bag... starts with a "D"?

Oh well, it'll come to me later.

I dont get it

He doesnt get it either ... that is clear as day
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Great read Marvin.

I'm really shockingly disgusted with our OL. They seem to be completely regressing. I did read Legbreaker's assessment with zone blocking being a completely different scheme, but I'm still seeing just plain-o bad technique out there. Regardless of the scheme, if you're not getting any push it's just not going to happen. I know it's going to take time, but if they can just get the fundamentals down .....

And make Chilo sit down...
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
you re-watched that crap? poor thing

I re-watch them all when I Capture them in HD. ;-)

1. I thought the same thing in every game so far. I don't know if he's frustrated or what but he looks un-interested at times. He didn't come to camp and he had hip surgery and we drafted a running back. Who knows... Hopefully frank figures it out because I would like him to have a playoff run with the Niners.

2. Hunter does need more touches. He even lined up as a wr on one play. Just get him on the field more.

3.4.5. D flopped in the end against Dallas but bounced back big time in this game. As a unit for all 3 games they are playing pretty solid. 2 picks yesterday on the webzone crush Andy Dalton. Looks like Baelke and Harbs and Fangio have made good decisions in letting Bowman take over for spikes, signing Ray Mac and drafting Aldon.

6. Akers has been a stud. I remember people on the webzone saying why do we need this old fart.

7. Crabtree gets throw under the bus too much. I've been screaming that he needs the ball more for 2 years now. Playmakers need touches and his drops will go away when he gets into a ryhtym. Make it a point in the offense to find ways to gets VD and Crabtree a certain number of touches and they will find ways to make plays...

8. His gameplay disgusts me because I just want a better QB. However, I still support him and he is not making the crucial turnovers like he normally does and we have been in all 3 games. We are 2-1 when we would normally be 0-3. So good job Alex but please throw the ball away more and not take some of these sacks.

9. Go bruce miller. Might be another good pick in the draft...

10. Not just Chilo. The whole line looks bad. Yesterday the entire line had a false start. They can't be this bad. Goodwin, Iupati and Staley should be studs but they are not playing that way. Chilo and Davis need to learn alot. They need to switch up the Oline or something because they looked confused more than anything. If getting the running game going is the most important thing than put in the best run blockers. 50 yards a game is not going to keep getting us victories.

The Niners are 2-1. The D looks good and more aggressive than Manusky's stop the run 3/4. We won an east coast game and there haven't been any classic blunders so far. They finally went deep to VD and Alex nailed it so hopefully we will take a chance every so often!
Enjoyed this one too, Marvin49... I think you're 3-3 this year. Concise, fair, and spot on.

( I agree with Kilgore that Crabtree HAS to stop dropping passes like he has... the one over the middle was a killer, and he has another low one that good WRs have to make )
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
1. I thought the same thing in every game so far. I don't know if he's frustrated or what but he looks un-interested at times. He didn't come to camp and he had hip surgery and we drafted a running back. Who knows... Hopefully frank figures it out because I would like him to have a playoff run with the Niners.

2. Hunter does need more touches. He even lined up as a wr on one play. Just get him on the field more.

3.4.5. D flopped in the end against Dallas but bounced back big time in this game. As a unit for all 3 games they are playing pretty solid. 2 picks yesterday on the webzone crush Andy Dalton. Looks like Baelke and Harbs and Fangio have made good decisions in letting Bowman take over for spikes, signing Ray Mac and drafting Aldon.

6. Akers has been a stud. I remember people on the webzone saying why do we need this old fart.

7. Crabtree gets throw under the bus too much. I've been screaming that he needs the ball more for 2 years now. Playmakers need touches and his drops will go away when he gets into a ryhtym. Make it a point in the offense to find ways to gets VD and Crabtree a certain number of touches and they will find ways to make plays...

8. His gameplay disgusts me because I just want a better QB. However, I still support him and he is not making the crucial turnovers like he normally does and we have been in all 3 games. We are 2-1 when we would normally be 0-3. So good job Alex but please throw the ball away more and not take some of these sacks.

9. Go bruce miller. Might be another good pick in the draft...

10. Not just Chilo. The whole line looks bad. Yesterday the entire line had a false start. They can't be this bad. Goodwin, Iupati and Staley should be studs but they are not playing that way. Chilo and Davis need to learn alot. They need to switch up the Oline or something because they looked confused more than anything. If getting the running game going is the most important thing than put in the best run blockers. 50 yards a game is not going to keep getting us victories.

The Niners are 2-1. The D looks good and more aggressive than Manusky's stop the run 3/4. We won an east coast game and there haven't been any classic blunders so far. They finally went deep to VD and Alex nailed it so hopefully we will take a chance every so often!

I agree with this part. As much as a the ZONE hates when Smith rolls out and throws it away: sometimes it's a good thing.

I'm glad Smith's TRYING to make an effort to make a play (he seems to be really trying to avoid throwing it away) but some instances it just needs to happen.
Something just isn't right with Frank. He does seemed disengaged in the game. He better straighten up or because Hunter is knocking at the door.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Something just isn't right with Frank. He does seemed disengaged in the game. He better straighten up or because Hunter is knocking at the door.

Gore: I feel great about my contract.
Adrian Peterson signs big contract beating Chris Johnson
Gore: I has a sad.
Share 49ersWebzone