There are 120 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

A really good, or fat chance to beat Philly this upcoming Sunday

Obviously everything will depend on whether Vick plays or not. We all know what he can do. Plus he has a HUGE chip on his shoulder to win this Sunday. He signed a 100mil contract right before the season, and so far he is not delivering. What a perfect way to get Philly back on track to play a 2-1 49ers team who has yet to really impress (in their minds atleast). He broke his right hand (non-throwing) and may not play week 4 against us. Phew! Caught a break huh?

But hold your horses 49ers fans! Even is Vick doesn't play, we could still lose ugly on Sunday. Enter Mike Kafka. Here's a guy Andy Reid loves and is grooming as we speak. Andy Reid has a thing for applying the band-aid when it comes to his starting QB going down. He made Kevin Kolb look like pro bowler for a few games last year. He turned AJ Feeley into a future starter in Miami for crying out loud. He rejuvenated Jeff Garcia's career and made Koy Detmer look like a real game manager. Don't be surprised to see a more mellowed down, but efficient Philly Offense on Sunday. It won't be the flashy Vick offense we are so used to now, but it will be effective. You can count on it that Andy Reid will have Kafka ready to play and will game plan around him. Plus the game is in Philly and that helps Kafka out a lot.

Now I know this looks like an all Philly thread, but we have to keep things in perspective. If it happens to be true that Vick will not play on Sunday, I know how Ninertalk will get. Everyone will chalk this one up as a win. Andy Reid is one of the best coaches in the NFL to have his backups ready come gameday.

I want the Niners to beat the living hell out of the Eagles. It seems like it's been forever since we beat them. Plus i'm from South Jersey and my whole family is infested with Eagles fans. I hope the defense dominates and Alex turns it on on Sunday. I hope Gore has his breakout game and proves all the doubters wrong. With all this being said, go 9ers!

[ Edited by ApatheticIAm on Sep 26, 2011 at 3:54 AM ]
There's always a chance....it's a small chance but still a chance.
They definitely have a chance against Philly. Hype does not win games or the Eagles would be 3-0. All the talk about Vick, sure I would have loved to see him in a 49er uniform but what has he won? This defense hurts people and they get to the QB. Being sequestered in Youngstown for a week will make these guys focused.
They will be a popular upset pick on all the NFL shows this week.
Vick is reported to be out for 3-4 weeks.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Report: Vick will miss 3-4 weeks
September 26, 2011, 7:16 AM EDT
Posted by Mike Florio on

Getty ImagesLast night, Eagles quarterback Mike Vick put the officials on notice that he has concerns about their failure to throw flags when he's hit illegally. The men in white and black may have a month or so to get their act together. Howard Eskin of NBC 10 reports that Vick will miss 3-4 weeks with that broken right (non-throwing) hand he suffered in Sunday's loss to the Giants. The Eagles have three games before their bye week. They host the 49ers before traveling to Buffalo and Washington. If Eskin, who serves as the sideline reporter for the Eagles' radio broadcast, is accurate, the 1-2 Eagles will need to rely on Mike Kafka or Vince Young at least those three games. Eskin also reports that receiver Jeremy Maclin could miss next weekend's game with a hamstring strain.

[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 26, 2011 at 4:58 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
Quote:
Posted by Mike Florio on September 26, 2011, 7:16 AM EDT

Getty ImagesLast night, Eagles quarterback Mike Vick put the officials on notice that he has concerns about their failure to throw flags when he's hit illegally. The men in white and black may have a month or so to get their act together. Howard Eskin of NBC 10 reports that Vick will miss 3-4 weeks with that broken right (non-throwing) hand he suffered in Sunday's loss to the Giants. The Eagles have three games before their bye week. They host the 49ers before traveling to Buffalo and Washington. If Eskin, who serves as the sideline reporter for the Eagles' radio broadcast, is accurate, the 1-2 Eagles will need to rely on Mike Kafka or Vince Young at least those three games. Eskin also reports that receiver Jeremy Maclin could miss next weekend's game with a hamstring strain.

I got no sympathy for.him, Smith took a helmet to helmet hit from Nate yesterday and.there was no flag. We have been getting the s**t end of the stick on penalty calls this year...f**kin crappy officials.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
This should be an unexpected win.
I want to believe, but I just don't know. If Mike Vick sits out it sure will help some.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
I still believe that the 49ers Offense will have to put up 30 points to secure a win over philadelphia. Andy Reid will use whomever he has at Qb and he will try to attack our safties the way the cowboys did.
The 49ers can win if their defense comes through again. If they play ball control on offense and stretch the field to loosen up the defense then they will be alright.
It's gonna be like the Cincy game. -Make no bones guys, Kaftka is no Kolb, Mike is still in his most early stage of Reid's developmental process, we can do this.

If we had a shot at beating the Romos (with all the Cowboys fans in the stands making it an away game at our own f**king house), we have a shot at beating the Vick/Maclin-less Eagles next Sunday at Nightmare Financial Stadium.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I got no sympathy for.him, Smith took a helmet to helmet hit from Nate yesterday and.there was no flag. We have been getting the s**t end of the stick on penalty calls this year...f**kin crappy officials.

Not a question of sympathy....it's a question of fairness. And as usual you see the refs have no consistency in the application of the "rules".

If that was Tom Brady or Peyton Manning getting popped, you can bet there would have a mountain of yellow cloth next to them.

I think they have anti-pathy toward Vick (bias against...so they don't protect him), and indifference in the case of Alex (he's not one of the blue chip QBs the league actually made the rules to protect).

It's kind of weird....Vick should be one of the blue chippers and protected.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Quote:
Posted by Mike Florio on September 26, 2011, 7:16 AM EDT

The defense is allowed to hit him in the helmet if he is running the ball, and past the line of scrimmage.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Championship.