LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

Navorro Bowman leading the league in tackles after Week 3

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I normally don't place too much stock into the Tackles statistic. A player can rack up 10 tackles in a game, but what's the point if the runningback picked up 6 o7 7 yards each time on a first down?

But when the defense is playing at a high-level and the rush defense is #1 in the NFL (I think Mora said we're #1 right?), I think it's pertinent.

It makes sense. I imagine teams are game-planning against Willis, allowing Bowman to get more tackles. I figured Bowman could've used another year ot develop under Takeo, but it starting to seem like he's come into his own already.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I like Bowman he's a good young player who should only get better.
He's been on point this year. Keep it comin'!
just need the OLB's to play better and smarter
Willis and Bowman in the middle, RayMac and Justin upfront and Rogers as a #1 CB=Championship.

Only missing part is a legit pass-rushing olb.
[ Edited by communist on Sep 25, 2011 at 6:53 PM ]
Originally posted by Wubbie:
I normally don't place too much stock into the Tackles statistic. A player can rack up 10 tackles in a game, but what's the point if the runningback picked up 6 o7 7 yards each time on a first down?

But when the defense is playing at a high-level and the rush defense is #1 in the NFL (I think Mora said we're #1 right?), I think it's pertinent.

It makes sense. I imagine teams are game-planning against Willis, allowing Bowman to get more tackles. I figured Bowman could've used another year ot develop under Takeo, but it starting to seem like he's come into his own already.

We were (by far), going into this week. Can't imagine that changed.
How many tackles does he have?
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

And people thought that our run defense was gonna fall this year because the overrated Aubrayo Franklin left.
Sopoaga (at NT) and McDonald (at DE) >>> Franklin (at NT) and Sopoaga (at DE).

Id also say that so far Bowman has played much better than Spikes.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Sep 25, 2011 at 6:59 PM ]

Brock is also 3rd in Interceptions. Gotta love it.

And our whole team is tied for 2nd overall in Interceptions, with 5 so far
[ Edited by GuessWhosOn3rd on Sep 25, 2011 at 6:57 PM ]
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Brock is also 3rd in Interceptions. Gotta love it.

Was first going into the game
glad I'm not the only one impressed, I agree with the OP in this case the stats do merit some props, he's ALL OVER in most if not all plays

and since we're talking about the defense, let's play a game: name me the player not listed on this box score who had yet another hell of a game for this defense today
[ Edited by vrabbit on Sep 25, 2011 at 6:57 PM ]
Awesome spin move Bowman put on the RB when he blitz.

Let us not forget, Ray McDonald is nearly unblockable.
Bowman is a stud. Our ILB's are some of the best in the game right now.
Share 49ersWebzone