LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

More Hunter, Less Gore....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I'll always respect Gore for what he's meant to our team, but it's clear his best days are behind him. He may have averaged over 6.2 a carry, but Hunter averaged 7 on 9 carries. Gore is benefiting from an amazing scheme, but isn't really doing anything that a good RB wouldn't do. When the draft comes around I would love for us to look for a McFadden or AP type of runner. I know we wont be picking that high, but a super stud RB would be deadly in this offense.....Let the tomato throwing begin....

So basically what you are saying is that we have a nice 1-2 punch, and you want us to draft ANOTHER stud RB. Unless you are talking about as a replacement for Dixon should either Gore or Hunter get hurt, I don't see this gaining much traction.
This years draft will be interesting and we will see Harbaalke's views of the open spots in our roster, and then how, and who, will fill those spots.
Gore will be around for awhile now that they are splitting time, they make a nice 1-2 punch and complement each other. However they may try to find another gem in the 4th if their is one. I think that gore is still good, just the O-line had to do its job. Hunter is not going to take a pounding as an everydown back. I like it the way it is now.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Gore will be around for awhile now that they are splitting time, they make a nice 1-2 punch and complement each other. However they may try to find another gem in the 4th if their is one. I think that gore is still good, just the O-line had to do its job. Hunter is not going to take a pounding as an everydown back. I like it the way it is now.

I agree this is just about perfect right now , they complement one another well , they both are good at recieving , RB by committee , IMHO
Yeah less gore huh. Congrats 4 second all time & ur 4th str8 120(plus)yd game. Glad I got rid of my gore jeresy....NOT! No knock towards hunter doe & gore(run game) "wasn't so hot" 2, yeah rite.
Just too much Gore at the goal line today.
This was the only thing I wasn't happy about with today 31 carries for Gore----too much 3 carries for Hunter---too few---i'd like a 60-40/ 70-30 split better.
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
This was the only thing I wasn't happy about with today 31 carries for Gore----too much 3 carries for Hunter---too few---i'd like a 60-40/ 70-30 split better.

why fix something that aint broken.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Just too much Gore at the goal line today.

I doubt Hunter would of gotten in with his size frame. And Dixon I am not sold on at the Goal Line.
Great game for Fwank today, nothing but love for his performance!!!

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:

that can go both ways----it wasn't broken the last 4 games before when the mix was better.
so much for this thread.
Always amusing to revisit these threads where people forgot who the good players are on this team for some reason.

Gore was more efficient in the previous games when Hunter got more touches. If we keep this up, he may wear himself out. Unlike previous years when there was no playoffs to consider, maybe, but we will need him come playoff time. Plus the Browns adjusted in the second half and letting Hunter get seven more touches might have the effect of catching the Browns off guard because of the different running style.

Gore will play and be our Bell cow, but you gotta take care of your money cow too.
Originally posted by WildBill:

Gore was more efficient in the previous games when Hunter got more touches. If we keep this up, he may wear himself out. Unlike previous years when there was no playoffs to consider, maybe, but we will need him come playoff time. Plus the Browns adjusted in the second half and letting Hunter get seven more touches might have the effect of catching the Browns off guard because of the different running style.

Gore will play and be our Bell cow, but you gotta take care of your money cow too.

It seems that he gets better the more snaps he is involved with. Some backs aren't as good being in rotation, sharing the load. Some need to play the whole game to be in a groove. Seems that way with Gore.
Share 49ersWebzone