LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 158 users in the forums

More Hunter, Less Gore....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Funny after slow start with new offense people think that great players are "through" & should be traded. It's always amusing to come back & see these threads a few weeks later.
I'm pretty sure I know why it got locked...
Gore carrying that tackler 5 yards was beast mode!!!!!!!!!
  • mod
  • Veteran
Good to see Gore have a good game, Very happy for him

He deserves to be the #1 RB in niners history, hope he gets the teams all-time Rushing title
I say utilize all 3 RB's...keep our RB's fresh throughout the season.
Best thing from Gore yesterday were his words in support of Smith. He and VD have really helped Alex weather some bad times and now he can help spur him on to a very good career. Thanks Frank!
  • mike
  • Veteran
Keep in mind that both runningbacks had good games, Gore might have proved he wasn't done but hunter proved he should get a decent amount of carries too. Might as well keep gore fresh.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Couldnt stop, lol
Olines got all exicited that Gore got a TD for us. Good Job OLines! Goood Job Gore!
Its Funny how the ONLY offensive weapon we have had for the last 5 years everyone was ready to Trade or Bench? as well as another player we wanted out number 38 Dashon Goldson yeah he only had 10 tackles and a fumble recovery? Please from now on let the coaches coach and fans be fans.
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Couldnt stop, lol
Olines got all exicited that Gore got a TD for us. Good Job OLines! Goood Job Gore!

Why did we resign this guy?
Look at him. I mean all the other 49ers look really excited and are really into the game, while Gore's lazy ass is laying down, relaxing, and shooting the breeze with a player from the other team. Why does Harbaugh allow him to wear the 49ers uniform? LAZY LAZY LAZY. We give him a new contract, and now all he does is sleep on the job.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Oct 3, 2011 at 6:15 PM ]

Originally posted by BrianGO:
Look at him. I mean all the other 49ers look really excited and are really into the game, while Gore's lazy ass is laying down, relaxing, and shooting the breeze with a player from the other team. Why does Harbaugh allow him to wear the 49ers uniform? LAZY LAZY LAZY. We give him a new contract, and now all he does is sleep on the job.

At least he didn't have his hands on his hips!
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Hunter will only make Gore better and vice versa.

Gore FINALLY has some competition for reps in the backfield... that is the best thing that could of happened to him at this stage in his career. If we can start a "whatever you can do I can do better" type running attack with those two... watch out.

Would love to see this offense with Braylon back, and Im still bummed over Byham. With Miller a clear up grade we would be able to use Byham as the backup TE/FB, and cut Norris to clear up another roster spot for more young potential talent, ie: bringing Phillip Adams back once he gets fully healthy, or more OLB depth.
Hunter, and it's probably been discussed in these 12 pages, reminds me of Sproles in his quickness, explosiveness, shiftiness and esp, how we are already using him. If we can continue to open the running game up with the passing game, Gore will be very effective and Hunter will absolutely destroy teams with runs off tackle, middle/outside screens, gashing up field, lining him out wide for 1on1 coverage (total mismatch), wheel routes, check-downs, etc. He can learn from Gore the intricacies of blocking and protecting his QB as well. This kid is a HUGE weapon and will compliment Gore very effectively. What an asset. Even two back sets? And when Edwards gets back? Who will the defense key in on? Absolutely awesome...very excited to see more Gore/Hunter!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Hunter, and it's probably been discussed in these 12 pages, reminds me of Sproles in his quickness, explosiveness, shiftiness and esp, how we are already using him. If we can continue to open the running game up with the passing game, Gore will be very effective and Hunter will absolutely destroy teams with runs off tackle, middle/outside screens, gashing up field, lining him out wide for 1on1 coverage (total mismatch), wheel routes, check-downs, etc. He can learn from Gore the intricacies of blocking and protecting his QB as well. This kid is a HUGE weapon and will compliment Gore very effectively. What an asset. Even two back sets? And when Edwards gets back? Who will the defense key in on? Absolutely awesome...very excited to see more Gore/Hunter!

Now this is a great post with a good view of the whole picture/enchalada ........This makes up for having to read all of those Gore is done , trade Gore , and such foolishness.
Another side benifit is maybe we have two fresher RB's at the end of the season and certainly a rookie RB with more damn NFL experience.
Share 49ersWebzone