Shop Find 49ers gear online

Couldnt stop, lol
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Couldnt stop, lol

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Couldnt stop, lol
lol
Originally posted by Niners99:
what was that? Gore should be traded? who was all saying that again?

127 and a TD, picking up the critical 1st down to seal the win, all on a bum ankle. Gore haters shut your mouth. the soon to be 49ers all-time leading rusher is alive and well.

LOL! He and Hunter will drive teams nuts all year!
I have said this in about 5 other threads.... We need to trade Gore and something else to try and get another 1st round pick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need it because the way this season is shaping up (in a good way) we will not have a snow balls chance of getting Luck or even the likes of Landry for that matter if we keep winning!!! That in turn leaves us without a QB (AGAIN) NEXT SEASON thus leaving everyone to bit** again at what are we gonna do at QB!! plain and simple.
Originally posted by fortyniner52:
I have said this in about 5 other threads.... We need to trade Gore and something else to try and get another 1st round pick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need it because the way this season is shaping up (in a good way) we will not have a snow balls chance of getting Luck or even the likes of Landry for that matter if we keep winning!!! That in turn leaves us without a QB (AGAIN) NEXT SEASON thus leaving everyone to bit** again at what are we gonna do at QB!! plain and simple.

LOL! Nice parody!
Where are they now?

All of those who said that Gore had lost a step. That he whined for the contract and quit after he got it. That he didn't even deserve a contract (back in July/August) before he was extended. With the mess that has been on the board this week, you would've thought #21 was the second coming of Kevan Barlow.
This game was a clear indication that we need to stick with a tandem backfield for the rest of the year. It is no coincidence that Gore looks like his old self when he gets 15 touches rather than 35. He is still a stud, but he can not be our "bell cow" any longer. Not only does it appear that with fresh legs he is still the man, but using Hunter will prolong his career by at least two years. This is not even stating what it does for Hunter who is a kid on the rise.
If Gore stays healthy, he should be in contention to win the NFL Player of the Year Award.
Love Gore...he had a great game to get his confidence back, but(yes, there's always a but), have you guys seen Philly's run defense? Bottom feeders. Do I think Gore's lost a step? Despite an excellant game yesterday, I still do. But this could have been just what the doctor ordered to get his confidence(and the crappy OL's) back. I still live the 1-2 punch of Gore and Hunter rather than 1 featured guy. Gore's not getting any younger and when he gets dinged a bit, is anyone surprised at this point? I'm not.

No change here after yesterday's game despite Gore's numbers. Hunter was a catalyst in those two back to back TD drives that netted 14 points and got us back in the game in a hurry.

15/10 or 15/15 split in touches between Gore and Hunter.

Offense is more versatile, dynamic, less predictable as a whole.
It is natural to subconsciously pace yourself if you know you are going to play the whole game. It's good that Hunter is run up the middle at times so that defenses aren't going to automatically know Hunter goes outside and Gore goes inside. It's also good that some plays do go to the outside this year, unlike you-know-who who thought running outside was unmanly.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Where are they now?

All of those who said that Gore had lost a step. That he whined for the contract and quit after he got it. That he didn't even deserve a contract (back in July/August) before he was extended. With the mess that has been on the board this week, you would've thought #21 was the second coming of Kevan Barlow.

I still think he's lost a step. Coming in with fresh legs helped him out a lot, you could see he was more focused and was able to dissect the plays on the sideline with Rathman explaining things to him. I think the long run that he had could've been taken to the house with a younger Gore and I'm pretty sure Hunter would have too. With them splitting carries defenses are really going to have a lot more to worry about. So with that said him losing a step gives our team another added dimension, named Kendall Hunter. Also throw in Bruce Miller and our WCO is starting to look really good now. You could see it in the 2nd half of yesterdays game the WCO was coming out the womb, I'd say it's crowning right now but not fully out yet. Once we see this baby come out it's gonna cry something fierce and everyone will start to take notice!
Originally posted by Niners99:
what was that? Gore should be traded? who was all saying that again?

127 and a TD, picking up the critical 1st down to seal the win, all on a bum ankle. Gore haters shut your mouth. the soon to be 49ers all-time leading rusher is alive and well.

+1 on this one. Hunter is money! I love Gore but Hunter is beast.
Share 49ersWebzone