There are 302 users in the forums

49ers Attempted to Trade Up to Draft Andy Dalton (per NFL.com)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Marvin49:
BIG FAT BS.

Look at the date that was posted....5/8. That story was changed later.

On the day of the draft LaCanfora reported the same thing and then later reported it was incorrect. The Niners were indeed trying to trade into the bottom of round 1 or top of round 2, but they wanted KAEPERNICK. They wanted the guy they got.

This is a non-story. The Niners got the guy they wanted. History will show if it was the right decision, but Kaep was the guy they wanted.

Time for mods to lock this up!
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
It would be a mighty pay upgrade for you, of course then we would be drafting the "can't miss propects,like Vernhon Gholston" and releasing players with no talent like Ahmad Brooks, that is what u said about those players....GOOD CALL, now go grade some essay from some 14 year old or something.

In the MadDog archives of personnel player observations, you note two thrilling moments over the past four years. Let's review:

First, the spelling is Vernon Gholston. Second, I never advocated drafting him. Living here in the Midwest, I saw that he was only functional in spots, not a consistent, dynamic playmaker in the NFL. You must have confused my excitement for other OSU players, like Laurinaitis and Malcolm Jenkins. But, nice try.

As for Brooks, he was a failure at Cinci, and I never thought he would rebuild his career, as he was an underachiever with a poor work ethic. He grew up, and has become more valuable than I expected. However, since he was not part of the regular draft, I did not have a grade attached to him.

Grading is done, thanks for asking. And, I appreciate your expectation to be correct on 100% of my projections. Stack my draft against the organization, and in particular, Baalke the past couple of years, and you will see my picks are superior. As you are obsessed with me, it sure must hurt to see my harsh critique of players the team has picked up over the years (I had Morgan Burnett at the top of my board, over Taylor Mays; this is simply one recent example) versus the players I had on my board. So, go ahead and enjoy your Aldon Smith and Colin Kaepernick, and I will take my JJ Watt and Andy Dalton.

Have a great day.

P.S. Do you even have an opinion? Oh, yeah, I forgot, I don't care. Nobody cares what you have to say. In fact, I am not sure anyone on this board knows you exist.

Maybe Baalke thought it was moronic to take a player in the top 10 that plays a position that is possibly our strongest and would just be on the bench(see Balmer). So if want to compare Aldon to someone, compare him to Kerrigan or Quinn. I think it's obvious that Singletary played a huge part in the early rounds of the draft last year, so if you want to blame someone for that blame Sing or Jed for not promoting Baalke (With Mays, How do you evaluate a safety that plays deep half without game tape?) Just the fact that Baalke cut Mays already sends a clear massage, "that wasn't my pick, I wasn't the GM and my resume official begins now". If Baalke picked Mays you better believe that he would have given him as much time as possible to prove him right. Because one thing I've noticed is that GM's and even plagiarizing, no game film wannabee GM's have one thing in common: HUGE EGO'S

P.S. You've had 2 games to evaluate this draft so let's wait on the "I told you so's". That goes for Dalton too. Everybody and their DOG knew that Colin was more of a project with a big upside.
[ Edited by KID9R on Sep 23, 2011 at 2:13 PM ]
It would be a mighty pay upgrade for you, of course then we would be drafting the "can't miss propects,like Vernhon Gholston" and releasing players with no talent like Ahmad Brooks, that is what u said about those players....GOOD CALL, now go grade some essay from some 14 year old or something.

In the MadDog archives of personnel player observations, you note two thrilling moments over the past four years. Let's review:

First, the spelling is Vernon Gholston. Second, I never advocated drafting him. Living here in the Midwest, I saw that he was only functional in spots, not a consistent, dynamic playmaker in the NFL. You must have confused my excitement for other OSU players, like Laurinaitis and Malcolm Jenkins. But, nice try.

As for Brooks, he was a failure at Cinci, and I never thought he would rebuild his career, as he was an underachiever with a poor work ethic. He grew up, and has become more valuable than I expected. However, since he was not part of the regular draft, I did not have a grade attached to him.

Grading is done, thanks for asking. And, I appreciate your expectation to be correct on 100% of my projections. Stack my draft against the organization, and in particular, Baalke the past couple of years, and you will see my picks are superior. As you are obsessed with me, it sure must hurt to see my harsh critique of players the team has picked up over the years (I had Morgan Burnett at the top of my board, over Taylor Mays; this is simply one recent example) versus the players I had on my board. So, go ahead and enjoy your Aldon Smith and Colin Kaepernick, and I will take my JJ Watt and Andy Dalton.

Have a great day.

P.S. Do you even have an opinion? Oh, yeah, I forgot, I don't care. Nobody cares what you have to say. In fact, I am not sure anyone on this board knows you exist.

Of course typical deflecting and straight out denial of your truth, everyone that was here remember you touting Gholston as the best pass rusher to come out in years, also you said Brooks wouldnt make the team, that being said. People probably dont know who I am or dont care on this board, the fact that you bring up your status on a INTERNET FORUM is laughable. At the end of the day, if I die, I would have a funeral full of people and my wife and family talking about my sucess both in life and monetarily. You would have a bunch of people asking why you hadnt signed onto the webzone and a bunch of 14 year old kids happy they didnt have to do their homework anymore, because all you have ever accomplished is being a high school teacher. YOU WIN THE WEBZONE WAR...LOL YAY FOR YOU, but there will always be that little nagging part of you that knows, this is the most you will ever mean to anyone lol, and you are just a blip on the radar for kids to becoming sucessful and all you will ever be is a teacher in the middle of no where. Congrats I bet so many people wish they had your life and the webzones respect lol. what a joke!
Originally posted by KID9R:

Have a great day.

Maybe Baalke thought it was moronic to take a player in the top 10 that plays a position that is possible our strongest and would just be on the bench(see Balmer). So if want to compare Aldon to someone, compare him to Kerrigan or Quinn. I think it's obvious that Singletary played a huge part in the early rounds of the draft last year, so if you want to blame someone for that blame Sing or Jed for not promoting Baalke (With Mays, How do you evaluate a safety that plays deep half without game tape?) Just the fact that Baalke cut Mays already sends a clear massage, "that wasn't my pick, I wasn't the GM and my resume official begins now". If Baalke picked Mays you better believe that he would have given him as much time as possible to prove him right. Because one thing I've noticed is that GM's and even plagiarizing, no game film wannabee GM's have one thing in common: HUGE EGO'S

P.S. You've had 2 games to evaluate this draft so let's wait on the "I told you so's". That goes for Dalton too. Everybody and their DOG knew that Colin was more of a project with a big upside.

Please dont bring up how he evaluates players without any film and beats the pro's. He is just that good! LMAO, ask him how much college football he has played, or coached, ask him the same about pro's. Ask him if he was even offered a walk on spot at a college to learn basic schemes....fact is he is like a blind guy trying to tell you who the best painter ever was, bc he "studied" what other people said about every painter. Has no clue about in depth things but passes off as if he can ACTUALLY evaluate a player the same way a scout does, who has been around high end football his entire life.
1. 49ers did not get the QB they wanted in the draft.

2. We settled for Colin Kaepernick.

3. Andy Dalton is a starting NFL QB whereas Colin Kapernick could not even supplant Alex Smith as the starter.

4. Colin Kaepernick wasn't worth taking in this draft. I guarantee they will be better NFL ready QBs in next years draft.

5. Harbaugh stuck with Smith because he had no idea who would be available in the draft
or free agency.

6. We got rid of McCown, then pick up Tolzien. Why? Because, Harbaugh saw something in him that Colin Kapernick does not have.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/108111-anti-heitmann-crowd-suddenly-went-silent/page3/ epic thread for you to remember when the whole zone called you out md, and i said the same thing to you 2 years ago i said to you today
As I have been stating for some time now, Baalke is incompetent as our GM. If it is true that he couldn't "pull off a deal", then it shows his ineptitude. You want a player, you get the deal done. No sad stories afterwards.

If the story is not true, and the original story is that the team was targetting CK all along, it also shows his ineptitude in scouting the best QB available in that spot of the draft.

Either way, Lord Baalke Strikes Again!!

Let OTC and the MadDog run the draft.

Can I ask why you dislike Baalke so much? You are always painting every story to make him look as bad as possible and I don't understand why. How can you make judgements 2 games into these players' careers?
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/108111-anti-heitmann-crowd-suddenly-went-silent/page3/ epic thread for you to remember when the whole zone called you out md, and i said the same thing to you 2 years ago i said to you today

Is it wrong that made me feel good?
Originally posted by KID9R:

Is it wrong that made me feel good?
its always nice to see the webzone stays the same even if you leave for 2 years lol

Originally posted by 49ersVic:
According to NFL.com, prior to making a trade to move up and get quarterback Colin Kaepernick in the second round, the 49ers were working hard on a move to the end of the first round for Andy Dalton, but could not pull it off. They knew the Bengals would take Dalton at the top of the second round.

Is this the second coming of the Aaron Rodgers' curse?!

Originally posted by 49ersVic:
According to NFL.com, prior to making a trade to move up and get quarterback Colin Kaepernick in the second round, the 49ers were working hard on a move to the end of the first round for Andy Dalton, but could not pull it off. They knew the Bengals would take Dalton at the top of the second round.

Is this the second coming of the Aaron Rodgers' curse?!
As of right now, it sure is looking like it
As I have been stating for some time now, Baalke is incompetent as our GM. If it is true that he couldn't "pull off a deal", then it shows his ineptitude. You want a player, you get the deal done. No sad stories afterwards.

If the story is not true, and the original story is that the team was targetting CK all along, it also shows his ineptitude in scouting the best QB available in that spot of the draft.

Either way, Lord Baalke Strikes Again!!

Let OTC and the MadDog run the draft.

Get off OTC's nuts.

You know, you have been a real dick to this team lately with your cocky BS that might as well come out of your ass because you havent proven s**t as to why Baalke is inept, just as you are wrong about other 'facts' you state about the team.

In fact, lets hear how wrong you were just last week when you stated the Cowgirls would handle us with ease, when in fact we shouldve finished them off in the third quarter. Yeah,, we have some problems playing the whole 60 minutes, but to come on here and bad-mouth and second-guess management so you can post your stupid screams to me you have major short-comings somewhere in your world.

News flash; the Webzone is bigger than you, and it always will be. And you may be inept in what you do, but dont be a jealous of Baalke because he makes more money than you. Also, I will go out on a limb and say he has a greater mind for talent and management than you... ...so if he is inept, wow, what does that make you? Pretty f**king small. So GTFO with talking s**t about the 49ers and go root for an east coast team since theyre so overwhelming to anyone who comes from the west to play them. Guarantee you with the assholier-than-thou attitude you carry, we wont miss you.

But before you go, remind us again how Dallas was supposed to "easily bring us down to earth". K THANX, BYE
What a dick
Jesus, this again?

Anyone who watched the 49ers live stream of their draft room saw that Baalke, Harbaugh and co. were CELEBRATING when the Bengals picked Dalton the pick before us. CELEBRATING. Then we picked Kaep with no hesitation.

Why were they celebrating and jumping up and down if they wanted Dalton? Are they into self torture or something?
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Jesus, this again?

Anyone who watched the 49ers live stream of their draft room saw that Baalke, Harbaugh and co. were CELEBRATING when the Bengals picked Dalton the pick before us. CELEBRATING. Then we picked Kaep with no hesitation.

Why were they celebrating and jumping up and down if they wanted Dalton? Are they into self torture or something?

Thankyou, Ive been posting for this thread to get locked for 3 pages now, but now Im waiting for an answer real quick...
Share 49ersWebzone