LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 313 users in the forums

If we're 3-3 at the bye-week, I'll be stoked!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JaxinSac:
i dunno, sono.. i had to take a break this site for a couple months because of the comments by maddog and the "veterans" that made this go from a place that provided timely updates to a b*tch session forecasting 0-16. It was as fun as watching a broadcasting duo of Moose and Mora Jr

I hear ya. I'm just eager to move forward and enjoy the ride. I understand we were all held hostage by years of poor York decisions that set the franchise back years and some simply couldn't compute that maybe the guys currently running the front office know more than they do and finally got it right. I think most have learned their lesson. Not saying the front office is infallible by any stretch, I'm assuming that by now the usual suspects will tone down their act and I hope they can enjoy the ride as much as the rest of us.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
1-5. The second half of the year will be much better, but I see dark clouds the next four games.

Although I consider MD a friend, it would be nice to see him say something in response to this. We all have our right and wrong moments. Some of us do choose to be more bold in some predictions than others.

But I mean.. Heck, I predicted a 2-4 record at the bye before the season started. I was hopeful that it would be much better, and I'm elated to see it has. I harshly criticized Baalke's dealing in FA until we landed Edwards, Rogers, and Whitner. Then I admitted prematurely calling the FA a joke, and gave it an A grade. I thought the draft was solid overall, but was irritated by us picking Colin Jones as another DB on the roster and making a monster DL, Bruce Miller, into a FB. We'll never know if he could've been a great DE/LB hybrid, but this move worked out.

Too much success in various ways for me to say it's a "blind squirrel finding a nut" scenario.
Originally posted by Otter:
hey
Originally posted by oldman9er:
3-3 is my optimistic expectation as well... hate to say that. We need to win against Cincy and TB... I think we lose on the road to Philly and Detroit.

hey, oldman9er.. why are you serving up crow with gems like this from you in this same thread?

There's a difference between the two posters. oldman9er has admitted he was wrong and eaten crow.
You guys confusing oldman9er with me? oldninerdude. Not the same person.

oldman9er is a much better poster, a much more knowledgeable fan, an all around better guy than I am.

I think I'm taller, though.
[ Edited by oldninerdude on Oct 19, 2011 at 1:46 PM ]
Amazing how the standards have risen lately. The team already has more wins than ALL of last year!
Originally posted by captveg:
Amazing how the standards have risen lately. The team already has more wins than ALL of last year!

Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by Otter:
hey
3-3 is my optimistic expectation as well... hate to say that. We need to win against Cincy and TB... I think we lose on the road to Philly and Detroit.

hey, oldman9er.. why are you serving up crow with gems like this from you in this same thread?

There's a difference between the two posters. oldman9er has admitted he was wrong and eaten crow.
You guys confusing oldman9er with me? oldninerdude. Not the same person.

oldman9er is a much better poster, a much more knowledgeable fan, an all around better guy than I am.

I think I'm taller, though.

Lol and that guy thought he has being all cool and s**t calling you out
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

lol Harbaugh is 1 win away from matching our best win total since 2002, and he could do it in 9 games. looks like the rest of the way itll be:

Giants - W
Cardinals - W
@Ravens - L
Rams - W
@Cardinals - W
Steelers - L
@Seahawks - L
@Rams - W

and thats being conservative. I can see losses to BAL and PIT, and maybe one more to a road divisional team, but theres no reason why we cant beat BAL after they lost to JAX and almost lost to AZ. and at home on MNF, the Steeler game isnt an automatic loss either.

the fact that going 13-3 is a reasonable prediction at this point is insanely awesome. after the Giants game its 2 prime time matchups against good teams, and a bunch of garbage division games.

7-1 , baby!!!! Whooooo!!!!

Wasn't a pretty game, but we did what we had to do in a hostile environment. Hawks lost too... love that.

Great day, fellas... great year. Enjoy it !!!!
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol Harbaugh is 1 win away from matching our best win total since 2002, and he could do it in 9 games. looks like the rest of the way itll be:

Giants - W
Cardinals - W
@Ravens - L
Rams - W
@Cardinals - W
Steelers - L
@Seahawks - L
@Rams - W

and thats being conservative. I can see losses to BAL and PIT, and maybe one more to a road divisional team, but theres no reason why we cant beat BAL after they lost to JAX and almost lost to AZ. and at home on MNF, the Steeler game isnt an automatic loss either.

the fact that going 13-3 is a reasonable prediction at this point is insanely awesome. after the Giants game its 2 prime time matchups against good teams, and a bunch of garbage division games.

the giants game is going to be a serious challenge to our D. i really hope folks are not overlooking that game. Eli is a the #3 QB right now stats wise. Hell even win wise.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Giants - W
Cardinals - W
@Ravens - L
Rams - W
@Cardinals - W
Steelers - L
@Seahawks - L
@Rams - W

why would we lose at Settle?!

Wasn't a pretty game, but we did what we had to do in a hostile environment. Hawks lost too... love that.

PS: I still think I am taller than you.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:

PS: I still think I am taller than you.

Yeah, but I got more girth where it counts.
Share 49ersWebzone