Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
Yes. It's a QB driven league.
This. I'd give Willis and Gore for Luck. If you can't pass, you can't win. And as good as Willis is, you can get by with another linebacker or another running back.
There are 652 users in the forums
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
Yes. It's a QB driven league.
Originally posted by Otter:
This. I'd give Willis and Gore for Luck. If you can't pass, you can't win. And as good as Willis is, you can get by with another linebacker or another running back.

Originally posted by 52thegreat:you keep saying hes unproven, maybe in the NFL, but really don't you think that some teams would draft him the Number 1 pick in the draft (no alex smith jokes please) hes no alex smith. I think that there (unlike Alex Smith who NO ONE wanted to trade picks with the 49ers) would be teams lined up to make a deal for Luck. And I think with some good QB coaching he will be a NFL QB star.
Originally posted by Otter:
This. I'd give Willis and Gore for Luck. If you can't pass, you can't win. And as good as Willis is, you can get by with another linebacker or another running back.
I think the point here is that Luck is unproven. Its like giving up a $500,000 winning lottery ticket for a 50/50 chance at $10,000,000. But this is a really good debate.
We might be debating this for real if the Panthers keep losing
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Originally posted by 52thegreat:you keep saying hes unproven, maybe in the NFL, but really don't you think that some teams would draft him the Number 1 pick in the draft (no alex smith jokes please) hes no alex smith. I think that there (unlike Alex Smith who NO ONE wanted to trade picks with the 49ers) would be teams lined up to make a deal for Luck. And I think with some good QB coaching he will be a NFL QB star.
Originally posted by Otter:
This. I'd give Willis and Gore for Luck. If you can't pass, you can't win. And as good as Willis is, you can get by with another linebacker or another running back.
I think the point here is that Luck is unproven. Its like giving up a $500,000 winning lottery ticket for a 50/50 chance at $10,000,000. But this is a really good debate.
We might be debating this for real if the Panthers keep losing
Originally posted by verb1der:
No. Patrick Willis is a sure shot Hall of Famer.
Originally posted by verb1der:
No. Patrick Willis is a sure shot Hall of Famer.
Plus I would rather draft Kellen Moore.
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by verb1der:
No. Patrick Willis is a sure shot Hall of Famer.
Uhm...actually he's not.
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by verb1der:
No. Patrick Willis is a sure shot Hall of Famer.
Uhm...actually he's not.
Originally posted by aTx49er:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by plummerfan:
hell no! besides even if he is a good quarterback, can't do a damn thing without an offensive line!!!!!!!!!!
Yes they can. They get the ball out faster, make better decisions and generally bring the play up of the entire Offense. This all has been documented and made clear in the past on teams with HOF QBs, not sayin Luck will be one. But you asked and this is an "educated" opinion.. duhhhhhhhh!
You serious?