There are 72 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What we were discussing at the last tailgate. You be the judge!

f**king amateur hour.
I don't understand what Willis has done to deserve anything even remotely close to this type of suggestion. Overrated? By everyone that analyzes, plays, or somehow is involved with the NFL on a professional level? He is considered the best MLB in the entire game and people give him s**t... unbelievable.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I don't understand what Willis has done to deserve anything even remotely close to this type of suggestion. Overrated? By everyone that analyzes, plays, or somehow is involved with the NFL on a professional level? He is considered the best MLB in the entire game and people give him s**t... unbelievable.

The issue isn't whether Patrick Willis is an absolutley awesome HoF-bound Middle LB (he is).

The issue is whether you'd give him up for a shot at a franchise QB. There is nobody on this team that is as valuable as a franchise QB. Nobody.
Originally posted by redrathman:
f**king amateur hour.

I didn't think it'd even be close. But the fact that people would honestly choose to keep a MLB (even a freaking stud like Willis) over a chance at getting a franchise QB is kind of astonishing.

I find it to be an interesting topic.
A chance or a sure thing.... I'll keep the points on the board.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Ray Lewis got 5 years before winning a Superbowl.

Patrick Willis on his 4th year is already the best linebacker in the NFL hands down by all players, coaches, analysts, bloggers, and fans. Once the pass defense gets fixed, this year or next, Patrick Willis will take this team to a championship, and everyone who put themselves out there by saying they would trade this once in a lifetime talent for a completely unproven college QB will feel BAD!

Draft Kellen Moore, keep Willis, compete for championships. It's a way better investment with VERY little risk.

Patrick Willis is a God.

But C'mon man. A MLB is never going to "take his team to the superbowl."

A franchise QB can. I would trade anyone on this team for a chance to have a franchise QB.

Patrick Willis on his 4th year is already the best linebacker in the NFL hands down by all players, coaches, analysts, bloggers, and fans. Once the pass defense gets fixed, this year or next, Patrick Willis will take this team to a championship, and everyone who put themselves out there by saying they would trade this once in a lifetime talent for a completely unproven college QB will feel BAD!

Draft Kellen Moore, keep Willis, compete for championships. It's a way better investment with VERY little risk.

Kellen Moore is not a NFL QB.

Tolzien>>>Kellen Moore.

Patrick Willis is no Ray Lewis. Don't even try to go there and Yes in a hot second I would trade PWILLY for Luck. Thats a very dumb question to even bring up at one of our tailgates. (btw I never heard that being asked, but I am sure it was)
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Patrick Willis is a God.

I think the craziest part of this whole thread that this is based on an ASSUMPTION.

I would trade Willis for Rogers in a heartbeat. Or Brees. Or River. Or Brady.

But someone who hasn't taken ONE snap?! Come ON!
I think the craziest part of this whole thread that this is based on an ASSUMPTION.

yes, even his name is better!!

Yes, a chance at a legitimate franchise QB is worth more than a MLB. The chance is worth more.
Originally posted by 49erJim:

yes, even his name is better!!

He wins that battle every time
Originally posted by AiNoKea:

Kellen Moore is not a NFL QB.

Tolzien>>>Kellen Moore.

Read below, same exact thing is being said about Kellen Moore

from Wiki

2001 NFL Draft
Brees' college success led to projections that he would be a mid-to-late first round draft pick in the 2001 NFL Draft, but he slipped due to concerns about his relatively short stature for a professional quarterback (6'0"), a perceived lack of arm strength, and a sense that he had succeeded in college in a system designed for him. Ultimately, Brees was the second quarterback selected in the 2001 draft, chosen by the San Diego Chargers as the first pick of the second round.[8]

We all know how Drew Brees turned out, Kellen Moore is a very similar QB that can throw way better passes than Andrew Luck, and best of all you don't have to sacrifice the best linebacker in the world for him.

Compare it for yourself, his highlights aren't hard to find.
Originally posted by Lobo49er:

The issue isn't whether Patrick Willis is an absolutley awesome HoF-bound Middle LB (he is).

The issue is whether you'd give him up for a shot at a franchise QB. There is nobody on this team that is as valuable as a franchise QB. Nobody.

There is no one who can garauntee Luck will be a franchise QB.