There are 88 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What can we do about the O-line?

I mean we have three 1st rounders, a second rounder, and a decently paid free agent. We can't cut them or bench them (much to expensive), right?

So what can we do, other than sit around and watch them grow up on the field? How much of a leash will these guys get, 2-4 years? Reminder this is year two for two of them.

Do we go out and draft more of these young guys or should we grab high priced free agents and have all of our $ tied up in o-linemen.

Your thoughts?
The OLine is not that bad. It's not Great but it's not the worst in the League. Smith has no pocket awareness.
i say we can't cut/bench them cause who else do we have then? was listening to the game and MM came on and said that basically anyone worth a darn is already on a team and that we are stuck w our guys cause who else is there depth wise behind them? snyder and boone aren't gonna be better otherwise they'd b starting. but interestingly MM also said that maybe cause we have 2 Oline coaches that might be causing some issues. i was obviously shocked to hear that even w 2 oline coaches we can run block worth a darn which is what these guys were all drafted for. they were suppossed to be good run blockers. i also saw on twitter last nite that losing baas and his ability to make good calls on the line really hurts. so given that we need to do the following:

1)throw screens - haven't seen them at all this year
2)more runs w traps and pulls and not just power in the a gap
3)shovel pass from the shotgun
4)quick flare to VD after he rubs a DE
5)wr stack strong and run to the weak side on a pitch w hunter as i think he might have more speed then gore

they have to schematically cover up the line weakness. the above are ways to create 3-5 yards on 1st or 2nd down and on 3rd hope to god that alex can make 1-2 reads in 2.5 - 3 seconds and bail if no one is open.
Originally posted by Uppercut:
The OLine is not that bad. It's not Great but it's not the worst in the League. Smith has no pocket awareness.

Banned from 49ers.com?

his pocket awareness does suck pretty bad..

gotta give him props for not fumbling on that hit by Ware though. Them tiny hands must be really strong.
I don't think our O line is totally the problem. We go in to every game with the opposing Defense Game plan is to stack the box since we have no passing game. It's easy to make a 5 man front look bad by making them block 8 men.

We need a passing presence/threat in order for out O line to look as it should talentwise

You people make me laugh , glad to hear you like our run game , top notch crap huh. Then add in the sacks and hurries. We were winning until the defense gave it up. Even Smith's pick didn't put them ahead. Now I have never been a believer in Smith's ability , but I like his work ethic , his toughness , and his loyalty to the team. And I will continue to try and be fair in evaluating what he has to work with , including the play calling and so far he has executed those well enough to give us the lead. The team as a whole has played poorly in the second halves of both games and I would include our coaching in the second half as well. JMHO
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Banned from 49ers.com?

Ha Kilgore. Nice to see you too.
Originally posted by 49ERwhiner:
You people make me laugh , glad to hear you like our run game , top notch crap huh. Then add in the sacks and hurries. We were winning until the defense gave it up. Even Smith's pick didn't put them ahead. Now I have never been a believer in Smith's ability , but I like his work ethic , his toughness , and his loyalty to the team. And I will continue to try and be fair in evaluating what he has to work with , including the play calling and so far he has executed those well enough to give us the lead. The team as a whole has played poorly in the second halves of both games and I would include our coaching in the second half as well. JMHO

Hard to Run when you can't pass

Hard to Run when you can't pass

And the coach calls the pass plays and so far Smith has executed well enough to give us the lead without any help from the run game.
And the coach calls the pass plays and so far Smith has executed well enough to give us the lead without any help from the run game.

How can you give all the credit to Smith?
feed them steroids.

i do agree you cant give all the credit to smith but i mean you have to give a lot of it to him he has executed well this year dont deny you havent seen some pretty passes from smith in just these 2 games this season
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
feed them steroids.

HGH

I just give him credit for giving us the lead while he is getting pummeled and sacked by the opposition who haven't even been touched or slowed down and with no help from any kind of a run game , now that makes life very tough for most QB's.

I bet you see it differently ...... or maybe you don't see it. This is a complete waist of time. Go back to your opinion.