There are 53 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. CINCINNATI BENGALS PRE-GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Originally posted by mike:
You have zero logic to even draw upon, you can't fairly evaluate someone who has zero history with someone in the league for 6 years... You can't point at 6 years of losses when that rookie hasn't yet had the chance to lose for 6 years or even one lol.

So take all the history and shove it. Dalton today has played two games against mediocre if not downright horrible pass defenses. It's not like he's thrown for outlandish stats like cam newton, he has managed to play a clean pick free game but hasn't exactly done anything Smith hasn't done in his past. Smith has a few 300 yd games in his history, especially if the team is down and he actually has to throw the ball.

It's also just not fair to just look at dalton's week 2, in which he threw the ball 41 times in one game, while smith has only been allowed to throw the ball 42 times combined in 2 weeks. He has done everything the coaches have asked of him but they've never let him free.

Take the history and shove it? How typical alex obsessed want to ignore his history of failure , ill take a potentially franchise qb over the bust who we've all seen fail over and over, oh but you want to forget the past. What a joke.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Yeah, we really want the 49ers to lose.
You cannot have objectivity. If you see a loss, it automatically means you are not a fan. Whatever!!! Blind homerism bites!!!

Being realistic does not mean he's not a fan. New coaches, new systems and same bunk ass QB = Long Year for 49ers!
Love the 49ers but offseason didn't help this team to evaluate talent etc.
what i love about the nfl is ppl spend all week over analyzing things, team A beat team B who lost to team C and so on and so forth. what happened last week has no bearing on this week and what happens next week has no bearing on what happens the week after.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Sep 20, 2011 at 8:31 PM ]
It's just typical Niner Talk overreaction. We BARELY lose in OT to a good team we were BEATING, and now people's expectations plummet. Just like they raise greatly after a win early in the season. Not uncommon.

Harbaugh's "barely loss" had a great deal to do with Mooch-like, far too conservative play calling. Had we mirrored the first-half playcalls and added just ONE TD instead of a FG, we win the game. I think it's too early to get worried. As much as people like to say it's no different than Sing.. it is a bit different. In the Sing regime, usually our "barely losses" were from us coming from far behind and then losing it close. Harbaugh's sample size in the NFL is two games..

At least wait through four, but preferably six to eight, before you start judging so decisively.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 20, 2011 at 9:02 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
It's just typical Niner Talk overreaction. We BARELY lose in OT to a good team we were BEATING, and now people's expectations plummet. Just like they raise greatly after a win early in the season. Not uncommon.

Harbaugh's "barely loss" had a great deal to do with Mooch-like, far too conservative play calling. Had we mirrored the first-half playcalls and added just ONE TD instead of a FG, we win the game. I think it's too early to get worried. As much as people like to say it's no different than Sing.. it is a bit different. In the Sing regime, usually our "barely losses" were from us coming from far behind and then losing it close. Harbaugh's sample size in the NFL is two games..

At least wait through four, but preferably six to eight, before you start judging so decisively.

The problem is the "Barley loss" should have been a definitive Victory. But once agian we had to watch a Dallas team without its best WR, #1RB a Broken Ribbed Tony Romo and Bad hamstringed #2 WR and we still could not beat them.
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
The problem is the "Barley loss" should have been a definitive Victory. But once agian we had to watch a Dallas team without its best WR, #1RB a Broken Ribbed Tony Romo and Bad hamstringed #2 WR and we still could not beat them.

And Missing Starting Guard, Injured starting RB...and we still lose.
[ Edited by Uppercut on Sep 20, 2011 at 9:11 PM ]
Originally posted by Uppercut:
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
The problem is the "Barley loss" should have been a definitive Victory. But once agian we had to watch a Dallas team without its best WR, #1RB a Broken Ribbed Tony Romo and Bad hamstringed #2 WR and we still could not beat them.

And Missing Starting Guard, Injured starting RB...and we still lose.

At home with a Bigger Away fanbase..
We will learn from the cowboys loss and actually come away from the game with added confidence in knowing that we had one of the league's darling franchises on the ropes and had a series of improbable events unfold to enable their victory but in no way is our team demoralized and believing that we are inferior to these teams. we will unleash our angst upon cincy this week
Don't think we will, but we haveto win this game!
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
We will learn from the cowboys loss and actually come away from the game with added confidence in knowing that we had one of the league's darling franchises on the ropes and had a series of improbable events unfold to enable their victory but in no way is our team demoralized and believing that we are inferior to these teams. we will unleash our angst upon cincy this week

after the vikings loss in 09 we absolutely destroyed the Rams, albeit at home but still, we crushed them
Hopefully Harbaugh has learned from his mistake in the Dallas game and will now issue the kill blow.
  • mike
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,827
Originally posted by Uppercut:
Take the history and shove it? How typical alex obsessed want to ignore his history of failure , ill take a potentially franchise qb over the bust who we've all seen fail over and over, oh but you want to forget the past. What a joke.
How am I "alex obsessed"? All I'm saying is that you can't compare a rookie to a 6 year guy even if the 6 year guy has sucked in the past. Unlike you I do give alex a clean slate to at least prove me wrong since his past OC's have been questionable at best whereas harbaugh is very QB oriented, and his injuries have prevented him from meeting whatever potential he does have. You know how many rookies post great stats their first game? Well just look at derek anderson...

The "joke" is that you believe dalton is a franchise qb based off of what essentially amounts to one good game(since he got hurt in week 1) against the s**tty broncos pass defense no less, and yet you think the stats so far this year are comparable when dalton was allowed to throw the ball TWICE AS OFTEN. All I'm saying is hold your f**king horses till alex at least throws his first 30-40 attempt game.
Originally posted by mike:
How am I "alex obsessed"? All I'm saying is that you can't compare a rookie to a 6 year guy even if the 6 year guy has sucked in the past. Unlike you I do give alex a clean slate to at least prove me wrong since his past OC's have been questionable at best whereas harbaugh is very QB oriented, and his injuries have prevented him from meeting whatever potential he does have. You know how many rookies post great stats their first game? Well just look at derek anderson...

The "joke" is that you believe dalton is a franchise qb based off of what essentially amounts to one good game(since he got hurt in week 1) against the s**tty broncos pass defense no less, and yet you think the stats so far this year are comparable when dalton was allowed to throw the ball TWICE AS OFTEN. All I'm saying is hold your f**king horses till alex at least throws his first 30-40 attempt game.

Jesus Christ give Alex a clean slate. I'm done.
  • mike
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,827
Originally posted by Uppercut:
Jesus Christ give Alex a clean slate. I'm done.

Thank God troll. About time. You're good at nitpicking the part of my post you think you can respond to with more blind hate, which is the "history" part, and ignoring the fact that you've just called dalton the next franchise QB based off of one game. Good job dude.
[ Edited by mike on Sep 20, 2011 at 9:53 PM ]
Originally posted by mike:
Thank God troll. About time.

Grow up, calling people trolls because you don't agree with them is what children and valley girls do. If anybody is a troll it's people like you with the insanity posts of lets give smith more time, more time more time more time clean slate, more time, let him develop, let him learn, more time more time more time. Meanwhile 7 years past and we still suck. You're the f***ing troll.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home