There are 156 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alex Smith's career performance

Originally posted by BantonioBanderas:
We tried to get Hasselbeck but he didnt want to come here because our offensive line, looks he made the right choice. Alex is our QB this year no matter how man threads you start to cry about him

Source?

Because if we are just guessing as to why he didnt want to come here, you can make just as compelling argument that he didnt come here because Alex was already tabbed as our starter and the Titans gave him an opportunity to start.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
We tried to get Hasselbeck but he didnt want to come here because our offensive line, looks he made the right choice. Alex is our QB this year no matter how man threads you start to cry about him

Source?

Because if we are just guessing as to why he didnt want to come here, you can make just as compelling argument that he didnt come here because Alex was already tabbed as our starter and the Titans gave him an opportunity to start.

http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story/09000d5d8217a3f4/article/munchak-sold-on-hasselbeck-who-chose-titans-over-49ers?module=HP11_headline_stack

"My decision came down to San Francisco or Tennessee," Hasselbeck said, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. "At the end of the day, that was my decision, and San Fran would have been attractive for a whole bunch of reasons ... but at the end of the day, I think my conversation with (Munchak) and the offensive line here and a lot of stuff ... just felt really good about it."
Originally posted by valrod33:

Source?

http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story/09000d5d8217a3f4/article/munchak-sold-on-hasselbeck-who-chose-titans-over-49ers?module=HP11_headline_stack

"My decision came down to San Francisco or Tennessee," Hasselbeck said, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. "At the end of the day, that was my decision, and San Fran would have been attractive for a whole bunch of reasons ... but at the end of the day, I think my conversation with (Munchak) and the offensive line here and a lot of stuff ... just felt really good about it."

In the face!
as a long time smith apologist i am really tired or done. not sure which. but i can definitely say that the lack of yards has 2 distinct issues that it creates.....
1)it means that our offense is not on the field as we are probably going 3 & out so the defense just gets worn down after playing 2-3 good quarters.
2)there is no rythm that can be built as any yards that are gotten are "manufactured" and not QB driven.

look yards is not the end all of stats but it does mean something and that something is that our offense just is not staying on the field and creating plays. i'm not saying that our dbs couldnt have played better but certainly the more 3 & outs you get the more the D gets worn down. And look at D-love's TD, it was manufactured by a match up being recognized and good play call. It wasn't just alex saying i can put this ball right there and let the wr/te make a play. ok yeah he had that ridiculous TD throw to KW, but i'm also watching rookie qbs beating the blitz/pressure with good throws to RBs/WRs/TEs. And these are rooks making those throws and sad to say that I have NO confidence that alex can make that type of play anymore. QB is one of those positions that you just have it or you don't with regard to a certain mentality of how you will throw and assert yourself. Alex does not have that mentality. I'll probalby get fried for this but DAM why did we let Shaun Hill go last year. He would have been head over heels better than alex in this offense. No way JH declines the penalty and keeps the points w Hill as QB. He would have told the kicking team to go back to the sideline if JH had sent them out. Which is what Alex should have done but again he doenst have that mentality.
ok i feel better now. thanks...
Originally posted by verb1der:

Source?

In the face!

Trolling is not needed on this site, thanks. You added nothing to this thread.

I asked for a source, and I was provided with one. I never once said the dude was wrong.
[ Edited by 80sbaby24 on Sep 20, 2011 at 4:05 PM ]
Originally posted by verb1der:

Source?

In the face!

Trolling is not needed on this site, thanks. You added nothing to this thread.

I asked for a source, and I was provided with one. I never once said the dude was wrong.

But I liked my gif
Yeah, because its YOUR gif.
Yeah, because its YOUR gif.

Ok I apologize 80sbaby24, my ego got the best of me.
when are the haters gonna accept that smith is just an average to below average qb? Many smith supporters realize that already but some people just can't keep bringing up the fact he's never lived up to his first overall status, as if they deserve some award or something. He's a stop gap at this point--nothing more, nothing less.

get over it and move on....all of you.
Originally posted by 49ersswagger:
alex had a 99.1 qb rating in this game if the coaches get conservative and play scared dont blame alex we had a 1st down on the 22 yrd line with 11minutes left in the game the coaches decided to decline the penalty and take the 3 point instread of keeping foot on the gas petal and trying to get the TD that would have won the game for us its shows a lack off confidence in the entire offense bad playcalling cost us this game period

this
Jesus Christ these threads. Who gives a flying f**k about how many yards a QB gets, it's the WINS that matter. And guess what? Last season doesn't matter either. Or the one before it. Or the one before that. Judge the man from his performances this season and so far we're 1-1 with him at the helm. Let's just see how it pans out. If you care that much about yards, go be a Carolina fan.
Originally posted by Whomeam:
Jesus Christ these threads. Who gives a flying f**k about how many yards a QB gets, it's the WINS that matter. And guess what? Last season doesn't matter either. Or the one before it. Or the one before that. Judge the man from his performances this season and so far we're 1-1 with him at the helm. Let's just see how it pans out. If you care that much about yards, go be a Carolina fan.

LOL
Originally posted by ForrestBlue:
Out of 54 games where he started he's thrown for under 200 yards in 35 of them. That is what this once great franchise now considers
a starting QB?

Down with the BANhammer!
Originally posted by Whomeam:

If we had a real QB we would be 2-0 right now......
Hey let's all wear foam fingers to the next game that are actually smaller than our real hands.