There are 150 users in the forums

Alex Smith's career performance

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LundyLove:
Originally posted by Whomeam:
Jesus Christ these threads. Who gives a flying f**k about how many yards a QB gets, it's the WINS that matter. And guess what? Last season doesn't matter either. Or the one before it. Or the one before that. Judge the man from his performances this season and so far we're 1-1 with him at the helm. Let's just see how it pans out. If you care that much about yards, go be a Carolina fan.

If we had a real QB we would be 2-0 right now......
If we had real cornerbacks we'd be 2-0 right now.

If the ref didn't make the bad call on Brooks we'd be 2-0 right now.

If someone shot Romo we'd be 2-0 right now.
Originally posted by Shaj:
This is a gigantic problem that nobody wants to acknowledge. It is always the system's fault, or his WR's fault, or whatever. Bottom line is, the reason is a) the coaches don't trust Smith to throw down the field, and b) he can't do it very well either. Right now we are doing very high % very short passes and relying on other parts of the team (D, ST, or RB) to bail us out. This also creates very high passer ratings, which I think is misrepresentative because VOLUME of production is not represented, just efficiency.

[b]Rookie Cam Newton has passed more in 2 games than Smith normally does in 5. Very, very, (very!!!!) sad.[/b]

Both losses
Romo played better with a punctured lung and a broken rib then Smith has played in his whole career!!
Originally posted by 1979NinerFan:
Romo played better with a punctured lung and a broken rib then Smith has played in his whole career!!

Ergo, we should break Alex's rib and puncture his lung. It worked for Romo
[ Edited by BSUNiner on Sep 20, 2011 at 5:11 PM ]
Alex Smith's max potential = game manager. Name the last dynasty led my a game manager. Over the past 20 years, only two teams have won a SB with game managers: Baltimore and TB. Both were one shot wonders that havent come close to going back to the big game, oand only now when Baltimore found a decent QB have they become contenders again.

I dont get this angle that Harbaugh is taking with Smith. Is he convinced that Alex can become a perennial probowler that can lead us to multiple championships ? If not, then why even keep him on the roster. I understand that you're trying to plug a hole in a shortened offseason, but if this "era" is all about the new 49ers, then what exactly is Alex's role ? To continue the mediocrity until the next big thing arrives?
Share 49ersWebzone