LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 215 users in the forums

Alex Smith's career performance

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ForrestBlue:
Bottom line here is Alex Smith was taken Number 1 overall and the franchise is too damn stubborn to admit they screwed
up and continue to keep him around just praying he'll one day make them look good for taking him.

In the mean time the franchise continues to be the laughing stock of the NFL.

Bottom line is Alex is the starting QB right now. We have 2 rookies behind him. We are 1-1.

We tried to get Hasselbeck but he didnt want to come here because our offensive line, looks he made the right choice. Alex is our QB this year no matter how man threads you start to cry about him
I'm waiting. Come Alex lovers. Show us another QB that is a NFL starter who has a worse overall W-L and more 200 yards or less in a game games since 2005

Please stop name calling or you will be warned. We don't need more of this "Smith Lovers v. Smith Haters" crap.
My my a little bit in a tizzy now aren't we.

Just some of us are old enough to remember what a real QB plays like.
If you call that name calling you sure must of lived a sheltered live so far. One day you'll see there is a REAL world out there.

I guess the old saying that with age comes wisdom isn't always true.
Now all you Alex lovers show us ONE QB who has been a starter in the NFL since 2005 who has worse stats (YPG and W-L) than Alex then we'll back off
your beloved "Fetal Boy".

you know, what really irks me is the fact that you "fans" can't support your starting qb. yeah ill admit its a bit difficult sometimes but lets be honest he has improved and he is getting better we have seen really good plays on his part this year am i a alex smith supporter? NO. does that mean im a hater? NO AGAIN i am a 49ER supporter no matter who that is but that doesnt make me blind you supporters and haters seem to be blind either blaming it all on coaching and play calling and line etc. etc. or blaming it all on smith which isnt fair the blames equal no matter how you slice it
His Won - Loss record in those games is 10-25 So I'd say yes yardage does matter.

Really???? Lets see .... Cam Newton has thrown for over 800 yards in 2 games and has not won a game yet ... so that would give him like 6600 yards for the year and a 0-16 record ... Awesome ... Yes lets trade passing yards for team progress and wins ... good call ...
If you call that name calling you sure must of lived a sheltered live so far. One day you'll see there is a REAL world out there.

This is not necessary, either. Please refrain from these sorts of personal attacks.

Originally posted by CrownJP:
His Won - Loss record in those games is 10-25 So I'd say yes yardage does matter.

Really???? Lets see .... Cam Newton has thrown for over 800 yards in 2 games and has not won a game yet ... so that would give him like 6600 yards for the year and a 0-16 record ... Awesome ... Yes lets trade passing yards for team progress and wins ... good call ...

Well they almost beat the super bowl champs despite his three interceptions because of those yards.

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by CrownJP:

Well they almost beat the super bowl champs despite his three interceptions because of those yards.

Does the NFL count those almost wins? We almost won against Dallas despite oline and defensive breakdowns.
It comes down to taking risk. Whether it's Smith personality or he was coached not to take undue risk will keep us at best at mediocrity. There's always risk involved when trying to make a play, but you have to make the attempt. The guys who took risks are more likely to have game winning plays. This organization need to change the conservative mentality from the last 10 years. Sean Payton made some gutsy decisions on and off the field had his share of mistakes but because he took a chance on signing Brees, made aggressive play calls, was rewarded with a SB. We need to do the same from coaches to Smith to the offense and defense. Let our guys make the plays mistakes and all. Fans shouldn't be too critical when our players made a mistake in the process of trying to make a risky play to win a game.

Sam Braford and Cam Newton both are on a bad team they have really nothing to lose by letting those 2 play their game. They make a bunch of mistakes on the field but all in the process of getting better. And are somewhat rewarded with some very good throws and plays on the field. Eventually more game winning plays will happen and mistakes will be less.

Not saying the coaches should let Smith and the offense go berzerk with the ball, but they should encourage some risk taking in certain situation and time of the game. And also take risk in play calling also. That's where game winning plays will come from. Until then, we will be competitive every week but always mediocrity.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 20, 2011 at 7:00 AM ]
why is everyone obsessed with yards its all about points on teh board which we are right in the middle of the pack in (not including ST teams )
what are you gonna do? its sad that this orginzation has rallied behind Alex Smith. If he cant get it done he needs to go. AND another thing i wasnt sure if the game was in dallas or in san fran. Thats whats really sad that there where cowboy fans in our stadium
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
why is everyone obsessed with yards its all about points on teh board which we are right in the middle of the pack in (not including ST teams )

I don't care about points, just once i want our QB to throw for 400 yards like Cam Newton! Alex and our coaching staff need to show some balls and fling the rock around,, where the hell is this Jim Harbaugh genius offence hiding at???,,, s**t,,, Cam Newton,, had as little time as we did to learn the offence,, same goes for Andy Dalton and they sure came out throwing,,,

...just prove us you can do it for once Alex......
Share 49ersWebzone