The Bad : People are posting their opinions and passing them off as facts

The Ugly : Niner Talk
The Good - D-line, LBs

The Bad - O-line

The Ugly - Secondary

Gore didn't play well either.
Through 2 games:

The Good;
Team is respectable, not a laughingstock, as in recent years.
1-1 beats 0-2.
1st half game plans and execution - getting out with a lead, generally not having to play catch-up from behind.
"Watchability" has improved.
Reduction in bonehead penalties (except for Brooks, 14-0, defense off the field, oops, Brooks lines up offside, 14-7).
Special teams seem to be a competitive advantage, across the board.
Competitive without 2 supposed "playmakers" (Crabtree and Edwards).
Bowman and Sopoaga/RJF seem to have replaced Spikes and Franklin without missing a beat
The Belhaven Blanket has 2 picks (my personal favorite)

The Bad:
Consistently unreliable safety play on pass defense, all of them (Whitner, Williams, Smith)
Lack of half-time coaching adjustments, both offensively and defensively.

The Ugly:
OL ineffectiveness in both run game and pass protection (not totally unexpected given lack of TC reps together)
Kyle Williams' catch = GOOOOD!
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
TG: alex has looked pretty good throwing to backup caliber wrs... i cant wait to see how we look once we get healthy and on the same page...

TB: the secondary, they look just as awful as ever and 1 step behind on almost every play. how does a db have a ball hit him right in the face without even seeing it? a db who doesnt watch the qb is the db who will always get burned. all the great ones watch the qb and track the ball not the player.

TU: jim harbaugh thinking 10 points with 11 min left was enough to win the game. every real nfl fan knows that dallas is a very explosive offense and can drop 10 points at the bat of an eye lash. i know jh has been coaching for a few years now and was probably to busy to watch much nfl football. but how the hell can you think a 10 point lead is safe when you dont even know your opponent well enough to know 10 points isnt going to cut it? as soon as we took that 3 points all of america knew we were going to lose the game. and i instantly got that sinking feeling in my stomach that i have gotten so many times over the past few years.

then on defense the cowboys secondary is all banged up and they were terrible last year. we should have tested that weak secondary a hell of alot more.

my advice to jim is to study the nfl teams a little more in depth to fully understand their capabilities on both sides of the ball.
Back up Caliber? Why do these "back up Caliber" receivers go to other teams and become break out WR's? I.E. Brandon Lloyd. What back up caliber are you speaking of? Edwards? Crabtree? Morgan? Vernon Davis? Walker? Yeah Sure.
Originally posted by Uppercut:
Back up Caliber? Why do these "back up Caliber" receivers go to other teams and become break out WR's? I.E. Brandon Lloyd. What back up caliber are you speaking of? Edwards? Crabtree? Morgan? Vernon Davis? Walker? Yeah Sure.

lol it took Brandon Lloyd 5 years after we let him go to become a breakout receiver
Originally posted by valrod33:
lol it took Brandon Lloyd 5 years after we let him go to become a breakout receiver

How many years has it taken Smith to be a Break out QB oh wait...

lol here we go...... against dallas alex had williams, morgan, and ginn after edwards went down early. those ae backup wrs on any other team in the league.

btw vd and walker are tes, not wrs...
[ Edited by OptimusPrime52 on Sep 20, 2011 at 12:57 PM ]

How many years has it taken Smith to be a Break out QB oh wait...

oh my
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
lol here we go...... against dallas alex had williams, morgan, and ginn after edwards went down early. those ae backup wrs on any other team in the league.

btw vd and walker are tes, not wrs...

Other than Williams, those are not back ups on every other NFL team. Also tight ends are nothing but blocking receivers. VD is not the size of typical tight end, he's wide receiver sized.
[ Edited by Uppercut on Sep 20, 2011 at 1:09 PM ]

Just goes to show the system weighs heavily into using a players' skill set. CHI wasn't necessarily an offense first team. Lloyd goes to a team with an OC who understands schemes and player ability and Lloyd becomes a deep threat.

Jason Hill immediately is used on a number of deep balls the moment he plays on another team. Jason Hill's average yards per catch last year 22.5 and this year is at 13.3 yet I don't recall one deep throw to him while he was here.

There are two suspects regarding our QB numbers and that's the QB himself or Jim Harbaugh/OC.

So far, Alex has impressed with what he has been required to do which is why Jim Harbaugh is not impressing me. As "complicated" as the WCO must be, I'm sure the players are not dumb enough to run a post or nine route.
The Good :

The Bad :

The Ugly :

Originally posted by verb1der:
The Good :

The Bad :

The Ugly :

The Good: Tramaine Brock, LB's, ST's

The Bad: O-line

The Ugly: lack of fan support, reggie smith, the entire secondary. I'm glad whitner was looking forward to covering Witten
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
The Good: Tramaine Brock, LB's, ST's

The Bad: O-line

The Ugly: lack of fan support, reggie smith, the entire secondary. I'm glad whitner was looking forward to covering Witten

Whitner i thought overall had a good game. Witten gets everybody. Whitner had 3 pass deflections and 4 tackles