LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
The good - (Andy Lee is a stud)
The bad - ( Front seven can't get a sack)
The ugly - (Our OL is horrible)
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 19, 2011 at 6:22 AM ]
No pressure? What game have you been watching?
We can deliver pressure yet not quick enough and mostly not when it matters.
When that happens any half decent QB will pick you apart.
The ugly: yes the oline is pathetic, qb is just not going to get it done

The bad: Gore may be wasted this year with this oline. He already is winding down. Our def. Safeties need to know how to play the ball, and when to smack the receiver. Too bad Williams doesnt know. That s**t is bad.

The good: -im going unconventional- losing this game the way we did. Maybe it will open Harbaughs eyes for two things: alex isnt going to be the guy, and we can not win games without keeping our foot on the gas and getting the ball downfield
The Good: Absolutely NOTHING, a loss is a loss.

The bad: Secondary, all players are new to the team or position; are still as bad as they were last year.

The ugly: O Line, this line was built for mauling opponents and running over them, so far it is working to the tune of 2 YPC. On top, of that they can't pass block, at all. Alex Smith is not the Qb this team needs, but let's be objective, no one can play Qb behind this OL, not Brady, not Brees, not Manning, not Rodgers......do I need to keep going?
Originally posted by 49erLegacy:

The bad: Secondary, all players are new to the team or position; are still as bad as they were last year.

The ugly: O Line, this line was built for mauling opponents and running over them, so far it is working to the tune of 2 YPC. On top, of that they can't pass block, at all. Alex Smith is not the Qb this team needs, but let's be objective, no one can play Qb behind this OL, not Brady, not Brees, not Manning, not Rodgers......do I need to keep going?

Lol at saying nothing good can come from a loss...I would of hated to play for a coach like you.
Good- Our Offense can function without our biggest weapons.
Bad-Fans selling there tixs to Cowgirl fans
Ugly-Our DB's exposed
TG: alex has looked pretty good throwing to backup caliber wrs... i cant wait to see how we look once we get healthy and on the same page...

TB: the secondary, they look just as awful as ever and 1 step behind on almost every play. how does a db have a ball hit him right in the face without even seeing it? a db who doesnt watch the qb is the db who will always get burned. all the great ones watch the qb and track the ball not the player.

TU: jim harbaugh thinking 10 points with 11 min left was enough to win the game. every real nfl fan knows that dallas is a very explosive offense and can drop 10 points at the bat of an eye lash. i know jh has been coaching for a few years now and was probably to busy to watch much nfl football. but how the hell can you think a 10 point lead is safe when you dont even know your opponent well enough to know 10 points isnt going to cut it? as soon as we took that 3 points all of america knew we were going to lose the game. and i instantly got that sinking feeling in my stomach that i have gotten so many times over the past few years.

then on defense the cowboys secondary is all banged up and they were terrible last year. we should have tested that weak secondary a hell of alot more.

my advice to jim is to study the nfl teams a little more in depth to fully understand their capabilities on both sides of the ball.
The good:
-the overall play of the special teams...stellar for the second week in a row. This bodes well for the team going forward.
-Alex's play....for the most part. If you are an objective observer, you can't pin this loss on him.
Roman should have called more 3 step drops to try to counter the Cowpie pass rush.
-the team's overall play in the first half. Outside of a blown coverage which cost them that late TD, they played very well.

The bad:
-the fan support
-the lack of aggressiveness by both Fangio and Roman...
-the "adjustments" the coaching staff made in the second half. What did these guys do at halftime?....go out for coffee?

The ugly:
-the pass "defense".....just awful (virtually no pressure on a very vulnerable Romo and very poor coverage by Brown and Williams)
-the overall play of the OL....again, just awful....Alex often had no time to throw and for the second game in a row, Gore had virtually no openings.

Notes: I know the coaches feel they are limited by the amount of time they feel they have had to implement their systems but their "vanilla" approach helped cost the Niners the game yesterday.

IMHO, however, the primary reason the team lost yesterday was simple.....the Cowpies put relentless, consistent pressure on Alex and the Niners couldn't put any pressure on Romo in the second half even though the Cowpies were starting two rookies on their OL.

The ugly: O Line, this line was built for mauling opponents and running over them, so far it is working to the tune of 2 YPC. On top, of that they can't pass block, at all. Alex Smith is not the Qb this team needs, but let's be objective, no one can play QB behind this OL, not Brady, not Brees, not Manning, not Rodgers......do I need to keep going?
Thank you for making this point....
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

If Colts fans only had the perspective of this one season alone. They would be saying the same thing.
"Our O-line can't give our quarterback time."
"Our O-line sucks."
"Our O-line is a sieve."
"Its not the quarterback, its the O-line."

Funny how their O-line gives up so few sacks for an entire decade, but now that Manning is out, their line mysteriously has started giving up sacks.
The Good: Harbaugh.

The Bad: Still got YORKS....

The Ugly: Still suck as a team.
the good: mental errors (penalties) seem to have gone WAY down from last season

the bad: 31st ranked offense in the league

the ugly: 25th ranked pass defense in the league.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
the good: mental errors (penalties) seem to have gone WAY down from last season

the bad: 31st ranked offense in the league

the ugly: 25th ranked pass defense in the league.

The 2nd and 3rd don't usually lead to a real good season.
  • Veteran
The Good

The Bad

The ugly

Share 49ersWebzone