LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 333 users in the forums

Justin Smith, one of the all-time best 49er defensive linemen appreciation thread.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think the guys did nice without him. I really got suspicious if it was his lack of being on the field that caused the hiccup in the D. I re watched the game and as much as I wanted it to be true it wasn't. They moved the ball with him in before he got hurt and his not being there didn't seem to be the issue. Brady just found Lloyd on some sick throws and catches and the safeties got caught out of position a time or two. Plus the D-line did very nice on the last series there. The big problem was that they schemed Aldon and Bowman out of so many plays.
Originally posted by VA49er:
I think the guys did nice without him. I really got suspicious if it was his lack of being on the field that caused the hiccup in the D. I re watched the game and as much as I wanted it to be true it wasn't. They moved the ball with him in before he got hurt and his not being there didn't seem to be the issue. Brady just found Lloyd on some sick throws and catches and the safeties got caught out of position a time or two. Plus the D-line did very nice on the last series there. The big problem was that they schemed Aldon and Bowman out of so many plays.

Yup. I would be okay if I nver saw Aldon drop into coverage again.
  • Bodhi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Yup. I would be okay if I nver saw Aldon drop into coverage again.

The interception was cool but I completely agree with this
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Aldon and Justin should both sue Kevin Gillbride for defecation of character!! I don't blame Jim for freaking out after hearing those comments. Because since then every stupid A$$, ignorant, player hating fan uses that excuse for their dominance. Every team does it and Justin has NEVER been called for it. It could also effect the pro bowl voting and other accomplishments they would receive, which in turn could effect their contracts. I F*cking hate Gillbride and wish Buddy Ryan would sock him in the face again.
Smith is going to play, and play well this Saturday. There's speculation that the tear was only minor and he's made significant progress in the interim.

I expect the same dominant force as always. I really hope they try to single team him.
Someone needs to photoshop his he-man picture with an arm brace.
i hope he plays well
Great read on a great niner: http://www.insidebayarea.com/49ers/ci_22344070/hardworking-justin-smith-is-rock-49ers-defense
Justin Smith is a rare breed. He's a complete monster from anywhere you line him up. Inside or outside. It doesn't matter. He can play in any defensive alignment known to man and diminate in any of them. His current weight and position is what he was made for IMO.

Not that this is anything new to anyone really but I just want to know.....Where can we get another one?!! Lets go Smith Bros!!!
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Smith is going to play, and play well this Saturday. There's speculation that the tear was only minor and he's made significant progress in the interim.

I expect the same dominant force as always. I really hope they try to single team him.

Where did you read about this speculation? That would be great news.

Originally posted by ALLDONE:
Great read on a great niner: http://www.insidebayarea.com/49ers/ci_22344070/hardworking-justin-smith-is-rock-49ers-defense

Great read indeed!! This part was my favorite:

When Justin Smith came out for the NFL draft after his junior season in college, incoming Missouri line coach Craig Kuligowski watched as a Cincinnati Bengals assistant coach arrived with an endurance test administered to all prospects. "After about 20 or 25 minutes, Justin got exhausted and said he needed a break," Kuligowski said. "We were like, 'Wow, you really broke him down.' And the coach said, 'Most guys don't last five minutes.' " The Bengals made Smith the No. 4 pick in the draft.

Loved the part where Tomsula says this is a guy thats puking in March! This guy will be sorely missed around here when he retires and filling those shoes will be darn near impossible.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by Leathaface:

Where did you read about this speculation? That would be great news.

Eric Branch article...I'll try to find it.
You guys think we use Ricky Jean on 1st and 2nd and use Justin on 3rd or some combination of these?
Originally posted by Joecool:
You guys think we use Ricky Jean on 1st and 2nd and use Justin on 3rd or some combination of these?

I think they'll rotate by number of snaps to stay fresh. I'm sure there will be some interesting combinations including Tufu and Ian.
Originally posted by father49er:
Originally posted by Joecool:

I think they'll rotate by number of snaps to stay fresh. I'm sure there will be some interesting combinations including Tufu and Ian.

Agreed. Ricky gets a decent rush against the pass. What he doesn't do is swallow blockers like Cowboy does.
Share 49ersWebzone