LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 268 users in the forums

Justin Smith, one of the all-time best 49er defensive linemen appreciation thread.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I wasn't able to watch the first half. How did Justin Smith look? Any word on how effective he was with his arm?
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
I wasn't able to watch the first half. How did Justin Smith look? Any word on how effective he was with his arm?

IMO didnt even look like he was injured
He wasn't showcased, not sure if that was by design or based on the offense.

Worst case: More time to heal
Best case: We were saving him

I did feel we were conservative on defense in the 1st Half, so that might have some to do with it
Originally posted by Knowledge:

IMO didnt even look like he was injured

Aside form Kaep, the ~8 minutes the 49ers defense played in the first half along with Justin Smith bodes pretty well for a good run to the Super Bowl. Now lets hope Justin Smith continues to heal, and the s**tbirds beat the hell out of each other tomorrow.
The Old Cowboy is ready to ride all the way to the SuperBowl.
Let's get this man a championship
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Let's get this man a championship

He's so valuable that I didn't even want him in on the last drive with the game already in hand.
Cowboy deserves WAY more credit than he's getting. Played his heart out last night AND he played extremely well!
He's a man. A true Niner. Nothing more needs to be said.

A round of applause for Cowboy!
First of all, #94 is a force. I feel like he was using his shoulders and trying to get inside instead of using that left arm as much...he was still effective and I saw him double teamed quite often.

I think he was at like 85%.

By next week, hopefully he's at 95%.
He b looked as strong as ever but i think he was a little cautious. Which is understandable. I really didn't want himself reinjuring him in the first game or any game for that matter. He drew the double team and McDonald beat his.man a couple of time. All around the line was great. I'm a little worried about Aldon tho he doesn't seem as hungry and the thing its that i know he wants to win. So he has to be fatigued. He played a good game and he's getting better at controlling the pocket.
[ Edited by eonblue on Jan 13, 2013 at 8:45 AM ]
Originally posted by eonblue:
He b looked as strong as ever but i think he was a little cautious. Which is understandable. I really didn't want himself reinjuring him in the first game or any game for that matter. He drew the double team and McDonald beat his.man a couple of time. All around the line was great. I'm a little worried about Aldon tho he doesn't seem as hungry and the thing its that i know he wants to win. So he has to be fatigued. He played a good game and he's getting better at controlling the pocket.

True, Aldon didn't look very good last night...OK by his standards and if you get to the first level in the run game, he's pretty weak. He's stellar at TFL but I think he's worn out and may be hurting more than we realize. He's WAY less aggressive and explosive.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by eonblue:

True, Aldon didn't look very good last night...OK by his standards and if you get to the first level in the run game, he's pretty weak. He's stellar at TFL but I think he's worn out and may be hurting more than we realize. He's WAY less aggressive and explosive.

Looked like as early as mid way through the 3rd he started spending time on the bench. I think he's really hurt.
Share 49ersWebzone