There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Where the 49ers Stand?

I dont think week 1 really helped us get a good view of our team. First of all week 1 is always a weird week I feel, especially with the shortened off season this summer. Also we played what I believe is a weak team, so yeah our defense looked strong but we weren't exactly playing a top notch offense. And lastly we didnt see much out of our offense but they didnt really need to show much because of the way the game was going. I guess this week will be a big eye opener to what kind of team we are this year, it still is only week 2 and we have a new coach so I know we will continue to rebuild and progress, but I think we will all have a better idea of what level we can compete at this year. If we win this game I think I will be confident to say the division is ours.

Also in all of Harbaugh's press conferences he throws out a lot of praise to individual players, in one conference he said as individuals he saw a lot of good things, so I think he is acknowledging the fact that the team won because of everyones individual performance but they still failed to play as a team, interesting.

And on a side note Im a 49er fan in Rhode Island probably as far away from the Bay Area as you can get. I only get games because of direct TV at a local bar (thats the owned by my brother who made it a Raider bar, s**ts ironic) but downloaded KNBR on my I-Phone so I can hear something besides the f***ing Patriots, its awesome but I feel like all they ever talk about is the Giants!
How did you become a 49er fan living all the way in Rhode Island?
I think WK 1 showed that we are improved over last year, I think we need to see how we look against a real team instead of a CFL team, before we can start getting hyped.
Originally posted by verb1der:

This
Originally posted by susweel:

This

Not this.
tied for first thats were we stand
On the sideline
In the endzone, doing some kind of ridiculous dance with a stupid name that I can't do without throwing out my back, shredding my knees, and scaring the wife away. But if it all starts in the endzone, I'll take it.
I agree that week 1 really didn't add much to our understanding of this latest iteration of the Niners. We go into week 2 with the same question marks as the previous week: Will the pass rush show up?; Is the secondary competent?; Can the O-line get the job done?; What improvements has the Coach implemented?

Unfortunately, if we win this week we'll likely still have most of those question marks as we'll be tempted to chalk the win up to the Cowpokes being their typically flaky selves.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
I agree that week 1 really didn't add much to our understanding of this latest iteration of the Niners. We go into week 2 with the same question marks as the previous week: Will the pass rush show up?; Is the secondary competent?; Can the O-line get the job done?; What improvements has the Coach implemented?

Unfortunately, if we win this week we'll likely still have most of those question marks as we'll be tempted to chalk the win up to the Cowpokes being their typically flaky selves.

I agree, if the niners win the media will definitely be talking about the cowboys being 0-2 rather than the niners being 2-0 but I can deal with that I like flying under the radar
Originally posted by susweel:

This

I dont know Ive just always liked the niners since I was a kid, its kind of difficult theres not many of us over here and you barely ever hear anything about them unless you do some research, staying faithful though!
If we win this game I think I will be confident to say the division is ours.

I agree, if we win this game (in spite of the hyped up Rams) the division is ours
Im still in the dark about our offense. It honestly looked like the reincarnation of dinglebarys "run it till you gotta kick it" offense, so we'll see how much the playbook opens up against dallas. Im VERY impressed by our defense. Other than a couple missed assignments in the backfield, the defense played lights out. 5 sacks, 2 fumbles, and an INT without throwing almost zero blitzes into the package. I dont know how many times they sent more than 5 guys, but it wasnt many at all. People write off the seahawks as a bad team, but really? Last i remember they won the NFC west (albeit with a losing record) then went on to beat the saints in the playoffs.

The truth is that last year could have been completely different for us. We went 0-5 in the beginning of last season, but 3 of those games were lost by 3 points or less with one of the worst head coaches in the league. If we won those 3 games, that changes our record to 9-7 and puts us in the playoffs in stead of seattle (with a winning record at that)

So all things considered, if we dont lose 5 games in a row, we will be the ones in the playoffs for the NFC West. I can bet we dont lose 5 games in a row this year.
[ Edited by THEB on Sep 17, 2011 at 2:26 PM ]
Originally posted by sonofquan:
I agree, if we win this game (in spite of the hyped up Rams) the division is ours

Rams are going to beat the Giants, and looked promising against the eagles for a little bit.
I think if Alex Smith doesn't turn into the QB we have been waiting to see for the last 7 years, the WCO will not succeed.