There are 820 users in the forums
Where the 49ers Stand?
- 1 2
Shop Find 49ers gear online
Sep 17, 2011 at 9:13 AM
- verb1der
- Member
- Posts: 15,613
How did you become a 49er fan living all the way in Rhode Island?
Sep 17, 2011 at 9:16 AM
- unst4bl3
- Member
- Posts: 7,568
I think WK 1 showed that we are improved over last year, I think we need to see how we look against a real team instead of a CFL team, before we can start getting hyped.
Sep 17, 2011 at 9:25 AM
- susweel
- Hall of Nepal
- Posts: 122,132
Originally posted by verb1der:How did you become a 49er fan living all the way in Rhode Island?
This
Sep 17, 2011 at 10:30 AM
- Lobo49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,289
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by verb1der:
How did you become a 49er fan living all the way in Rhode Island?
This
Not this.
Sep 17, 2011 at 10:49 AM
- bors
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,736
tied for first thats were we stand
Sep 17, 2011 at 10:51 AM
- DaDivaRecieva15
- Veteran
- Posts: 37,974
On the sideline
Sep 17, 2011 at 10:55 AM
- WRATHman44
- Staff
- Posts: 16,956
In the endzone, doing some kind of ridiculous dance with a stupid name that I can't do without throwing out my back, shredding my knees, and scaring the wife away. But if it all starts in the endzone, I'll take it.
Sep 17, 2011 at 11:39 AM
- BubbaParisMVP
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,213
I agree that week 1 really didn't add much to our understanding of this latest iteration of the Niners. We go into week 2 with the same question marks as the previous week: Will the pass rush show up?; Is the secondary competent?; Can the O-line get the job done?; What improvements has the Coach implemented?
Unfortunately, if we win this week we'll likely still have most of those question marks as we'll be tempted to chalk the win up to the Cowpokes being their typically flaky selves.
Unfortunately, if we win this week we'll likely still have most of those question marks as we'll be tempted to chalk the win up to the Cowpokes being their typically flaky selves.
Sep 17, 2011 at 1:42 PM
- adacosta24
- Veteran
- Posts: 333
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
I agree that week 1 really didn't add much to our understanding of this latest iteration of the Niners. We go into week 2 with the same question marks as the previous week: Will the pass rush show up?; Is the secondary competent?; Can the O-line get the job done?; What improvements has the Coach implemented?
Unfortunately, if we win this week we'll likely still have most of those question marks as we'll be tempted to chalk the win up to the Cowpokes being their typically flaky selves.
I agree, if the niners win the media will definitely be talking about the cowboys being 0-2 rather than the niners being 2-0 but I can deal with that I like flying under the radar
Sep 17, 2011 at 1:44 PM
- adacosta24
- Veteran
- Posts: 333
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by verb1der:
How did you become a 49er fan living all the way in Rhode Island?
This
I dont know Ive just always liked the niners since I was a kid, its kind of difficult theres not many of us over here and you barely ever hear anything about them unless you do some research, staying faithful though!
Sep 17, 2011 at 1:47 PM
- sonofquan
- Veteran
- Posts: 26
If we win this game I think I will be confident to say the division is ours.I agree, if we win this game (in spite of the hyped up Rams) the division is ours
Sep 17, 2011 at 2:24 PM
- THEB
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,760
Im still in the dark about our offense. It honestly looked like the reincarnation of dinglebarys "run it till you gotta kick it" offense, so we'll see how much the playbook opens up against dallas. Im VERY impressed by our defense. Other than a couple missed assignments in the backfield, the defense played lights out. 5 sacks, 2 fumbles, and an INT without throwing almost zero blitzes into the package. I dont know how many times they sent more than 5 guys, but it wasnt many at all. People write off the seahawks as a bad team, but really? Last i remember they won the NFC west (albeit with a losing record) then went on to beat the saints in the playoffs.
The truth is that last year could have been completely different for us. We went 0-5 in the beginning of last season, but 3 of those games were lost by 3 points or less with one of the worst head coaches in the league. If we won those 3 games, that changes our record to 9-7 and puts us in the playoffs in stead of seattle (with a winning record at that)
So all things considered, if we dont lose 5 games in a row, we will be the ones in the playoffs for the NFC West. I can bet we dont lose 5 games in a row this year.
The truth is that last year could have been completely different for us. We went 0-5 in the beginning of last season, but 3 of those games were lost by 3 points or less with one of the worst head coaches in the league. If we won those 3 games, that changes our record to 9-7 and puts us in the playoffs in stead of seattle (with a winning record at that)
So all things considered, if we dont lose 5 games in a row, we will be the ones in the playoffs for the NFC West. I can bet we dont lose 5 games in a row this year.
[ Edited by THEB on Sep 17, 2011 at 2:26 PM ]
Sep 17, 2011 at 2:25 PM
- unst4bl3
- Member
- Posts: 7,568
Originally posted by sonofquan:
I agree, if we win this game (in spite of the hyped up Rams) the division is ours
Rams are going to beat the Giants, and looked promising against the eagles for a little bit.
Sep 17, 2011 at 2:31 PM
- mefox1974
- Veteran
- Posts: 6
I think if Alex Smith doesn't turn into the QB we have been waiting to see for the last 7 years, the WCO will not succeed.
- 1 2