LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Harbaugh's offense like Jimmy Raye's?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
1-1 when we head to Cinci
No, not at all, people have to remember No-win, and Dingle Berry spent a lot of time and effort to turn what was once a sports car in to a bull dozer, they never really got that far, more like a snow plow. Anyway, you can change a few players this season, you can talk about a new mind set, but these things take time. It will be a while before this teams plays fast on offense, and executes well, JH was VERY conservative, because he knows this teams limitations, he is trying to build confidence, and raise those limitations.

His Stanford teams were strong running teams, Toby Gerhart was the back bone of what he did there. Give it time Frank will learn to run more zone or he will get less touches, Alex will get more practice, and slowly be let off the chain, this team will improve, but I think JH doesn't just want to rebuild, he knows how bad the NFC west is, and knows if he is conservative early and gets a few wins now, when this team is ready go, he just might have a shot at the play offs.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
No, not at all, people have to remember No-win, and Dingle Berry spent a lot of time and effort to turn what was once a sports car in to a bull dozer, they never really got that far, more like a snow plow. Anyway, you can change a few players this season, you can talk about a new mind set, but these things take time. It will be a while before this teams plays fast on offense, and executes well, JH was VERY conservative, because he knows this teams limitations, he is trying to build confidence, and raise those limitations.

His Stanford teams were strong running teams, Toby Gerhart was the back bone of what he did there. Give it time Frank will learn to run more zone or he will get less touches, Alex will get more practice, and slowly be let off the chain, this team will improve, but I think JH doesn't just want to rebuild, he knows how bad the NFC west is, and knows if he is conservative early and gets a few wins now, when this team is ready go, he just might have a shot at the play offs.

Good post, that's what I think is going on.
The difference is that Singletary was a True Believer in his offense and would have kept it forever if he could and for JH & Staff that is just a starting point that they will move well beyond from as soon as possible.
Its exactly the same
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
Its exactly the same

Totally. Notta damn bit of difference.

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

i cracked up out loud so hard scrolling down all slow, and then running into this comment.
I think JimmyboyBaugh's offense is close to matching the feats of Raye. But Raye's Taser >>>>>>>>>WildKap.
i just love how some threads get exhumed

Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
I think JimmyboyBaugh's offense is close to matching the feats of Raye. But Raye's Taser >>>>>>>>>WildKap.

Dang. Can't believe you brought up the taser formation! I had forgotten all about that mess! GO NINERS!!
Jimmy Raye is ugly.
you should never compare jimmy raye to harbaugh-NEVER
jimmy raye was sing's b*tch
Share 49ersWebzone