There are 151 users in the forums

Harbaugh's Monday Post-Game Presser Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Confirms we ran the WCO, but tells a reporter you're not going to see the Walsh WCO. Play calls, principals, terminology are similar he says.

yeah, Harb's WCO puts a lot more emphasis on the run than Bill's ever did.
Wants an explanation on the Madieu Williams hit from the League. "Seemed clean to me," he said.

John Lynch will back him up.
Originally posted by boast:
Nothing new to me...
Confirms we ran the WCO, but tells a reporter you're not going to see the Walsh WCO. Play calls, principals, terminology are similar he says.

It's the Singletary WCO.
OK. Hands down. Best Monday News Conference I've seen from a 49er coach since Seifert.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Joecool:

It's the Singletary WCO.

just stop posting, Joe. you have no idea what you are talking about.

It's going to take some time to implement the WCO in its full capacity.

The Walsh mentality however was "pass to set up the run." There was a lot of emphasis on the run in the early days of the Walsh WCO. Very rarely did Walsh have Montana strike deep downfield. It was a dink and dunk type offense. But it was the type of offense that would pick up three to four yards with every play, which is exactly what Walsh wanted. Those were long, clock-consuming drives.

The later versions with Rice, Taylor, Craig and other stars were like the souped-up sports car version of the WCO. The 1980-84 WCO was more like a Dodge Dart.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Jim does not like the fact that the networks do not showcase 49ers highlights. He says its up to them to do something about that.

In 1981 Walsh used the MNF halftime highlight snub after the regular season a$$-kicking we gave the Cowboys to motivate the team. I like the attitude. Do something about it!
Originally posted by Joecool:

It's the Singletary WCO.

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

That was Lowell Clone

You can always tell which one is Cohn because he is the smarmy condescending one that sounds like he about to steal Christmas and has a veiled rhetorical question aimed at attacking the coach and undermining his ability.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

That was Lowell Clone

Wow, I didn't know who that was, but he sounded like such a douchebag.

He sounds like a wussier version of Woody Allen.
Originally posted by PTulini:

It's going to take some time to implement the WCO in its full capacity.

I would agree with this statement. One game does not tell the story. You're going to see some new wrinkles next week against Dallas. You just don't roll out the entire playbook and say "here it is."
OK. Hands down. Best Monday News Conference I've seen from a 49er coach since Seifert.

is it over? is that all he said?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Did they ask him why Sing was calling the plays on Sunday.

jk
Share 49ersWebzone